Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 201 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#130157 - 04/13/08 02:04 PM Help with food!!
Zmazter Offline

Hey i need help ive only got to level 2 farming and a long way off of level three but my food keeps running out before the harvest comes in. is there anyway to decrease growing time or get food otherwise? (apart from mushrooms which seem to have become extremely rare atm)

cheers

#130160 - 04/13/08 02:15 PM Re: Help with food!! [Re: Zmazter]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Apart from gathering mushrooms, there isn't another food source until you get the next level of farming technology. If your population is higher than about 15, you will have great difficulty feeding your tribe with only the food sources you have now. The crops are on a fixed schedule, and won't grow faster now matter how many farmers you assign.

Running the game at 1/2 speed will help conserve food. If it gets really bad, you can pause the game and mushrooms will still appear allowing you to build the food supply. \:\)

#130164 - 04/13/08 02:25 PM Re: Help with food!! [Re: LadyCFII]
Zmazter Offline

errr one other thing but do the crop times differ? i swear some harvests have taken alot longer than others?

#130168 - 04/13/08 02:32 PM Re: Help with food!! [Re: Zmazter]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
As I mentioned earlier, they are on a fixed schedule. What you're seeing is the result of harvesting them at different rates. For example, there are 800 crops every harvest, and let's say that the crops appear every 4 hours. If you put all of your villagers to work harvesting them, they might be all gone in 30 minutes. You will have to wait for 3-1/2 hours for more crops. If you put only 3 villagers to work harvesting, it might take them 3 hours to harvest the 800 crops, and you'll have to wait only 1 hour.

Part of the strategy of Virtual Villagers is effectively managing the work assignments to balance population, food, tech, and building. \:\)

Edited by LadyCFII (04/13/08 02:33 PM)

#130366 - 04/13/08 11:31 PM Re: Help with food!! [Re: LadyCFII]
Satai Delenn Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
As I mentioned earlier, they are on a fixed schedule. What you're seeing is the result of harvesting them at different rates. For example, there are 800 crops every harvest, and let's say that the crops appear every 4 hours. If you put all of your villagers to work harvesting them, they might be all gone in 30 minutes. You will have to wait for 3-1/2 hours for more crops. If you put only 3 villagers to work harvesting, it might take them 3 hours to harvest the 800 crops, and you'll have to wait only 1 hour.

Part of the strategy of Virtual Villagers is effectively managing the work assignments to balance population, food, tech, and building. \:\)

Thank you. I'd been wondering about the time differences too. That explains a lot.

#130452 - 04/14/08 04:55 AM Re: Help with food!! [Re: Satai Delenn]
*Erica* Offline
Master

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
thanks! i've been struggling with that too \:\)

I have two fan fictions called "Dear Diary" & "The Sad Life of Soda" check em out

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter