Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 184 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 26 of 51 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50 51 >
Topic Options
#7095 - 09/28/06 03:42 AM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Jordan2Delta Offline

I'm also a Tibetan Buddhist, and agree with all of the posts about the GC. It's kind of irritating to have the GC throw a bunch of parties just as the rest of the village is trying to bury a bunch of dead folks. Also, I didn't realize until the other day that when the GC throws a party, he's also auto-healing any sick villagers, while all of my doctors go back to doing their laundry.

What I would like to see is the GC actually grow up, do fewer parties, and choose a profession (or randomly go about doing whatever needs doing, healing folks, gathering mushrooms, whatever). And either make the GC mortal, or increase the number of events that can kill him. Then the village would have to come up with a replacement every so often.

#7096 - 09/28/06 04:12 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Quote:

What I would like to see is the GC actually grow up, do fewer parties, and choose a profession (or randomly go about doing whatever needs doing, healing folks, gathering mushrooms, whatever). And either make the GC mortal, or increase the number of events that can kill him. Then the village would have to come up with a replacement every so often.

I agree with this suggestion!

I have another that I've been thinking about.

Every so often I see "A villager feels better after eating."

Someone suggested changing that so you see the villager's name, i.e. "Unagi feels better after eating." (Of course that might not help if you have multiple Unagis...)

I'd also like to see that, but also more "village announcements":

Chiko was injured at the Research Table
Tuna just gave birth
Today is City's naming day (i.e. when her mother is no longer nursing her)
Tofu can now help with Village activities (i.e. when he turns 14)
Obi has become a Master Builder
Zen weakens due to old age
The Village mourns as Gin passes away

I believe that this will make it more interesting as people play because they see more activities happening and then can go and find that village to see what changed, or to help them if needed (find a healer or bring them to the well of food bin.)

There should also be a button on the screen to view the "news log" of the entire village (just the important stuff, I don't mean all of the entries that are in the text log) and if on a villager detail screen see any entries for that villager. The grave stone should also show the villager's life story.

And two more things while post the above:

1) We should be able to rename the Village from Isola if we want (and the name appear in the above news.)
2) The grave yard should show the *last* 50 villages (if it doesn't increase) but with an option that players can save important Village leaders (i.e. the initial villagers, the master healer that saved all the kids from small pox, GC's mom, etc.)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#7097 - 09/28/06 05:15 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
IBteri Offline
Guru

Loc: WA
I think would be neat is that in a persons details in the corner it had how many children they parented so many single,twins and triplets not all but each has its own total that would be cool for healing too. how many people have they healed.

#7098 - 09/28/06 06:03 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Quote:

... causing the GC to either grow up or die in the process since everyone hates him.

Finally going through some old posts but I am sitting here (at work) LMAOPIMP. I thought I was the only one who hated the GC.

#7099 - 09/29/06 02:29 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
kristy723 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Buffalo, NY
I have another suggestion. If there is going to still be a research table, is there anyway the scientists can work on both sides of the table? When the population gets up there the one side gets so crowded. A number of times, when putting a scientist back at the table, I've accidently impregnated a female villager. I try to be extremely careful now.

#7100 - 09/29/06 02:32 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
kristy723 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Buffalo, NY
Quote:

i never meant it was real, I jsut said that's what most people think of due to Hollywood and the movie named The Golden Child.

Oh, I know Anthony. I didn't mean anything negative. I also assumed it had to do with the Eddie Murphy movie. I just wanted to pass down some info regarding Buddhism, like the fact that the Buddha is not that fat, smiley, bare-bellied statue everyone thinks is him.

#7101 - 09/29/06 04:23 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Village_Monk Offline
Legend

Loc: In The Cave...Watching You
Quote:

I've accidently impregnated a female villager.

Maybe you knocked over the Love potion she was working on

#7102 - 10/01/06 06:02 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Nemyar Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

GC should have much fewer party like once a 1000 years make more berries and food how about made GC useful e.g. he can heal all sick villager not by partying he can bless the baby so baby have more skill now what you think of him?

#7103 - 10/01/06 10:49 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
It would be nice if they'd KEEP researching long after you've got all the tech maxed out. I don't need fifty farmers and 40 builders.

www.jamisings.com

#7104 - 10/02/06 10:24 PM Re: [CONTAINS SPOILERS] Suggestions/Improvements
froggymorning Offline

I second topping out the breeding age of females at below 45. Not that some medical miracles haven't happened, but!

I've lost track of children. I did not select anyone for breeding, but the game forced them. I had level 3 in all tech first before I even went to level 2 Fertility. Through level 1 Fertility, the children were manageable, but when I bought level 2 fertility I had an overnight explosion. I've lost the interest that I enjoyed having in individuals (I had my favorites) because I can't invest individual time in so many kids. All these kids when I didn't even have anyone chosen for breeding! If you don't have any healers to heal anyone, then people don't get healed...but if you don't choose to select anyone for breeding, then they still breed and breed and breed. I had villagers who had -never- bred suddenly erupting with children when I went to level 2 Fertility. I don't like that the game forces your population increase so strongly even if you choose it not to do so by selecting no one for 'breeding'. We can choose farmers, researchers, healers, builders, but even if you don't choose breeders, the game forces them. I have 54 people under the age of 14 overnight and topped out at 90 population. Now I have to wait till some die so I can TRY to breed from my favorites (the giggling twins who arrived in the crate. They pass the giggle trait down to their own kids. I want to keep that going.) Please, the breeding selection button would hint we have some control over breeding, but in truth it doesn't really give us much. Please, more control over breeding. If we select farming, let them farm instead!

Page 26 of 51 < 1 2 ... 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50 51 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter