Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#125713 - 03/26/08 03:25 AM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: JulieAnn]
*Erica* Offline
Master

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
im kay with the price it is now. but 14.95 would be kewl \:\)

I have two fan fictions called "Dear Diary" & "The Sad Life of Soda" check em out

#125723 - 03/26/08 04:01 AM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: *Erica*]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Well, I (being my usual pragmatic self) have two answers. I think $19.95 is a fair price for a new non-core game. Core games obviously require far more development so can and should get a higher price, but as somebody said above that limits the number of people who will buy them.

Answer 2, After a game has been out awhile and recouped the intial investment and a decent profit, then the price should be cut. This is how I got started on VV, I was walking through Walmart and found VV1 for $10. I picked it up (a spontaneous buy) and have been hooked on LDW ever since. Now that I knew the quality and fun of the games, I had no hesitation about paying full price for VV2, nor will I hesitate to pay full price for VV3. Discounting games after they've been out awhile is a great way to draw new customers. It's what has started me on some of the core games for which I later paid much more for new versions and or expansion packs.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#125724 - 03/26/08 04:15 AM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: Rockmower]
Airstream Raider Offline

Loc: blululup. Im not telling you!
just free is the way for me.

(only cuz i hate spending mulah)

tgff (ThankGoodnessForFrosting)

#125735 - 03/26/08 06:13 AM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: JulieAnn]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
$ 19.95 should be the best.

#125778 - 03/26/08 05:53 PM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: Lailai]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The only games I play are LDW games. I'm not a games player otherwise. I'm not really sure why I decided to try VV at first; I know that I clicked on an online advert by accident and thought that it looked good, but why I downloaded the trial not being a games player (even a casual one) I can't tell. I do know that once I'd tried it I was hooked! I might have been put off buying it if the price was any higher, though.

$19.95 seems a fair price to me for the sort of game put out by LDW. I would imagine that other much more 'core' games, developed by large corporations such as EA, can command a higher price.

#125806 - 03/26/08 09:42 PM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: arnie]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Originally Posted By: arnie
The only games I play are LDW games. I'm not a games player otherwise. I'm not really sure why I decided to try VV at first; I know that I clicked on an online advert by accident and thought that it looked good, but why I downloaded the trial not being a games player (even a casual one) I can't tell. I do know that once I'd tried it I was hooked! I might have been put off buying it if the price was any higher, though.

Arnie, we are so glad that you did click on the link. We're lucky to have you here. Even though you're taking up chewing on your beard hair. Eeeeewwww

#125930 - 03/27/08 06:12 PM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: QuickStorm]
Carla Administrator Offline
Executive Producer

Loc: Italy
It's interesting that a couple people said that it should be free...

The question for them should be: how would be then pay the artists, engineers, musicians that work on the game? \:\? ;\)

Edited by Carla (03/27/08 06:14 PM)

#125942 - 03/27/08 06:55 PM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: Carla]
JulieAnn Offline
Expert

Loc: Florida
Carla, I bet if you offered VV fans a chance to work on the game.. they would do it for free! Lol.. dunno what the quality would be, but I think we're pretty bright.. we would learn fast! \:\)

#125954 - 03/27/08 08:25 PM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: QuickStorm]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
We're lucky to have you here. Even though you're taking up chewing on your beard hair.

<blush>How sweet of you, QuickStorm!

Chewing on my beard has one advantage; if I'm feeling hungry I can always finish up last night's soup. ;\)

#125976 - 03/27/08 10:12 PM Re: How much should video games cost? [Re: Carla]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
I don't know what the pound to the dollar is. But it's worth the asking price, for all the hard work that goes into them.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter