Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 115 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#1228 - 10/30/04 11:11 AM Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been playing this game non-stop since I got it, and just recently I have found 2 of 4 magic plants. The first plant I found was the something of joy, which brings visitors to your nursery and it was in the top left corner of 4 areas in the nursery for magic plants. For some reason, when i got the second one it didn't tell me what it's name was or what it does, either i cleared the text by accident or it didn't come up for some reason. My second magic plant is in the bottom left corner below the first one. If somebody could help me out and tell me the names of all the magical plants and what they do to benifit your operation, that would be great.

Thanks alot,
Matt

#1229 - 11/03/04 05:40 AM Re: Magic Plants
fssia Offline
Master

Loc: Brunei
Rose of Joy and Flower of Knowledge probably? How does the one on bottom left corner look like?

What u can do is take screenshots when the pop-ups appear. So u can remember the names and functions of the Magic Plants.

I'm sure when u got ur 2nd Magic Plant, the pop-up menu would have informed u of its name & functions. May be it's too fast like when I played it the 1st time round. As in u can't wait to see how the plant look like, u click OK before really absorbing the info.

If it's Flower of Knowledge, basically it brings u wisedom, so from then on, u know exactly how much ur plants cost, so u would be selling them at the correct prices.

U will need the Fruit of Life and Golden Berries of Wealth to complete the task. But those names mean nothing to you if u have never come across these plants before. They won't be much help in finding the remaining Magic Plants.

Best of luck!

#1230 - 12/24/04 11:27 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is the look like of the magic plant "Golden Berries of Wealth?. I

#1231 - 12/24/04 12:06 PM Re: Magic Plants
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The Golden Berries of Wealth have foliage that is kind of like what you would see in a hanging flower basket and the flowers look a bit like clusters of golden balls.

#1232 - 01/09/05 07:25 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have a plant that looks like The Golden Berries of Wealth
but it dont say nothing about being a magic plant ...or atleast i dont think it does <newbie> how will i know if it is magic or not? its just a seed....do i need to sell it to find out if its the magic one? please help

#1233 - 01/09/05 10:23 AM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

The game will tell you when you discover a Magic Plant. You will see a pop-up message that tells you which Magic Plant you've discovered and what its benefit is. The plant will automatically be placed in a golden pot and put into the center section of your nursery (on the sell screen). You can continue to breed more of that type of plant, but they will not look "special" in any way - only the first plant of each kind of Magic Plant is put into a golden pot.

#1234 - 01/09/05 06:49 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

ohhh ok thanks

#1235 - 01/10/05 04:03 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

What does the wild Berry of Wealth do for you?

#1236 - 01/18/05 10:00 PM Re: Magic Plants
ajsomie Offline

I have been playing this game for sometime and can't seem to find even 1 magic plant! I have different kinds of seeds and do cross polinate,but I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

#1237 - 01/19/05 03:07 PM Re: Magic Plants
sherri06 Offline

Me too - it would be nice to find at least one!

#1238 - 01/19/05 03:44 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

The first time I found all 4 Magic Plants, I was just breeding randomly and not keeping track of what I was doing. It took me about 3 weeks to get them all, and I had the game on fast and made new plants as soon as the seeds I had planted were mature. So, it is possible to discover the Magic Plants by sheer luck. Since then, I have found that keeping track of foliage type and flower type on simple spreadsheets produces more predictable results, and I don't wind up breeding the same plants over and over.

One way to inject some new "genes" into your breeding is to buy a seed and breed it with plants you already have. That might get you on the road to new discoveries!

#1239 - 01/22/05 05:19 PM Re: Magic Plants
GWD Offline

Alright I did it. found all Four plants, But of course I was'nt keeeping track..
I just kept crossing and Mutating plants and seeds,.
I bought all the high end seeds $500x15 all different plants, use instant grow on those 15 plants then Mutate all those then cross polinate those and mutate twice more

Game Statistics

Real Hours this game 335
Seeds Planted 848
Plants sold 807
Money Earned $164,367
Average price per plant $203
New Breeds found 186
Magic plants found 4
Next time I'm gonna use handbase to keep track of the seeds and plants see what happens.

#1240 - 01/24/05 04:12 PM Re: Magic Plants
sherri06 Offline

wow you guys raise $$$ fast. How do you get the high priced plants? I've tried cross breeding higher cost plants with other high cost ones, but it doesnt work all the time. But i did manage to find 2 magic plants this weekend: the flower of Knowledge and the Rose of Joy.

My stats so far:

Real hours this game: 235
Seeds Planted: 872
Plants sold: 674
Money Earned: $69,648
Average Price/Plant: $103
New Breeds Found: 221
Magic Plants Found: 2 of 4

#1241 - 01/26/05 05:33 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

I query if someone can capture the shots of the magic plants and let those who can never get them know how magic they are?

#1242 - 01/26/05 10:42 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've found three of the magic plants. But I missed the third one's description. That's what comes from clicking too fast. What does the one in the lower right corner do?

Is this the Golden Berries of Wealth? I suppose it adds to the price of the plants as I've noticed that the prices have increased when I plant seeds. '

Wish you could click on the magic plants and re-read the description.

Sus

#1243 - 01/26/05 11:33 AM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

Yes, those are the Golden Berries of Wealth. A lot of us have clicked too fast and missed the description, so here it is:

Quote:

You have discovered the Golden Berries of Wealth!

These magical berries have an effect that is little understood, but rest assured you will soon become rich from your nursery.

This effect is automatic and permanent.

The plant has been repotted in a golden pot and moved to your nursery.

I think it would be great to be able to see the description again by clicking on the plant (in fact, I tried that the first time I played the game).

#1244 - 01/26/05 04:03 PM Re: Magic Plants
sherri06 Offline

Quote:

Yes, those are the Golden Berries of Wealth. A lot of us have clicked too fast and missed the description, so here it is:

Quote:

You have discovered the Golden Berries of Wealth!

These magical berries have an effect that is little understood, but rest assured you will soon become rich from your nursery.

This effect is automatic and permanent.

The plant has been repotted in a golden pot and moved to your nursery.

I think it would be great to be able to see the description again by clicking on the plant (in fact, I tried that the first time I played the game).

yeah if you could still get the descriptions that would be very cool. I just found the Golden Berries last night - One more to go!

#1245 - 01/28/05 11:55 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello! Can you tell me how you make screenshots? I have a palm and usually I use BugMe for screenshots, but when I open Plant Tycoon, the command bar cannot be open, so I can't use BugMe. It would be nice also if somebody put the photos of the magic plants on line.

#1246 - 01/29/05 01:55 AM Re: Magic Plants
GWD Offline

ok heres a little hint
top right plant is orange red and black looking bush with three gold balls on it,
Top left is pink bushy plant
Botom left istall slender plant with one black flower on top
Bottom right green leafy plant with gold flowers

#1247 - 02/18/05 12:22 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Me too! I've played for 389 hours and found 121 new breeds. nut i can't find any 1 of the magic seeds. may i have hints of which 2 types of plants will become magic seeds?

#1248 - 02/20/05 06:05 AM Re: Magic Plants
Mikani Offline
Superstar

It's not the seeds that are magic, it's the plants. The post above yours gives hints that should be specific enough to help you get started, if you've been tracking the results of your cross-pollination.

#1249 - 02/26/05 01:17 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got the (something) of life and missed the description. What does it do? Thanks!

#1250 - 02/26/05 06:28 PM Re: Magic Plants
Moo Offline

Loc: London
I have two magic plants now, but am a bit stuck. I've managed to get soil from Isola and gel compound, and have been buying new rare seeds. Can someone explain to me what mutation liquid is for? Thanks!

#1251 - 02/26/05 09:30 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

Mutation liquid will cause a plant to produce seeds that are different from itself and the other plant that you cross-pollinated with it. Follow the instructions that appear when you click on it in the shop.

#1252 - 03/26/05 02:28 AM Re: Magic Plants
Cali23 Offline

Everyone talks about using a spreadsheet. How is this done? I'm still new at this game and I have yet to find a Magic Plant and I can get my cash ahead so I can experiment. I keep having to buy something to keep the plants healthy. Can only one help

#1253 - 03/26/05 11:57 AM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

I think most people are using Microsoft Excel, and a few people have created databases, but you can use anything that will allow you to prepare a grid. Since you need to track both plant types and flower colors, you will need 2 grids. Since the plants don't have names, you'll need to come up with a way to 'name' each plant type and flower type/color in order to complete the grids. Once you have them created, they're pretty simple to fill out - just start putting the 'names' of the flower types across the top and side of one grid and the colors in the same way on the other grid. Then, as you cross-breed your plants, you can record the results in the appropriate spaces on your grids. I've attached a screen shot of a small segment of a flower color grid for you to look at. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them!

Attachments
4861-SpreadsheetExample.jpg (574 downloads)

#1254 - 04/03/05 08:08 PM Re: Magic Plants
SoliD Offline

wow i just found the Fruit of Life

its just luck i think , i've been mutating alot and using instant grow quite often

i still need to find the rose of joy

Game stats r :
Real hours this game: 99
Seeds Planted: 669
Plants sold: 220
Money Earned: $50,546
Average Price/Plant: $229
New Breeds Found: 103
Magic Plants Found: 3 of 4

i was lucky to find the plant of knowledge first and golden berries of wealth, thereafter money came in like crazy .. i love this game

#1255 - 04/08/05 01:06 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do I have to register to be able to find the magic plants? My unregistered game does not gime me plant names.

#1256 - 04/08/05 01:20 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

The game does not provide plant names, even in the registered version. While there are many plants that you can discover without registering, it is unlikely that you could get a magic plant playing unregistered, since it probably wouldn't live to maturity without the soil improvements you can get with the registered version.

#1257 - 04/23/05 03:39 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yeah i know.. i havent found one neither~

#1258 - 04/26/05 02:02 AM Re: Magic Plants
thyalla Offline

well all I did was look for pretty flowers, and cross breed them with each other. When a new seed design pops up, I make sure to plant it and re-breed it to check for cross breeding possibilities.

#1259 - 04/29/05 11:18 AM Re: Magic Plants
wpchan Offline

Rose of Joy ..what does it look like ?
i have found the a plant like fire and the flowers look a bit like clusters of golden balls.
do i nearly find that ?

from gloria

#1260 - 05/01/05 03:49 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

The Rose of Joy flower looks very much like a two-toned pink rose. It's blooming on a plant that looks like a cactus with a bad case of warts.

Edited by ladycfii (07/17/05 03:27 PM)

#1261 - 05/02/05 09:35 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have found the Golden Berries of Wealth

Real hours this game: 310
Seeds Planted: 355
Plants sold: 265
Money Earned: $20636
Average Price/Plant: $77
New Breeds Found: 118
Magic Plants Found: 2 of 4

#1262 - 05/02/05 12:09 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

i have found another magic plant fruit of life
tonight i am very lucky , can find 2 magic plant

Real hours this game: 313
Seeds Planted: 409
Plants sold: 318
Money Earned: $34815Average Price/Plant: $77
New Breeds Found: 109

#1263 - 05/08/05 10:32 PM Re: Magic Plants
JonM Offline
Trainee

Loc: Flordia
Are the plants discovered in a certain order? I have three and I don;t know which ones I have anymore.

#1264 - 05/08/05 10:34 PM Re: Magic Plants
JonM Offline
Trainee

Loc: Flordia
Here are my Statistics

Hours: 6388
Seeds Planted: 1039
Plants Sold: 725
Money Earned: 158091
Average Price: 218
Breeds Found: 144

#1265 - 05/08/05 11:11 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

The plants can be discovered in any order - it all depends on how your breeding progresses!

#1266 - 05/08/05 11:13 PM Re: Magic Plants
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Jon, I think the order you discover the plants totally depends on how you combine the seeds....no game will be the same, as you always get different seeds to start with....don't you?

I haven't spent a lot of time playing PT so far, but see that other seasoned users have two trains of thoughts. SOme track their plants through spreadsheets, so remembering how to get certain plants, and others seem to have enough luck just breeding with no plan

Savi

#1267 - 05/09/05 09:53 PM Re: Magic Plants
bhel Offline

could someone here help me how to discover the last magic plant? i already have the 3 plants namely, roses of joy, berries of wealth and flower of knowledge. i've been playing nostop since i got the game but it seems forever for me to produce fruit of life. do you have tips for me? please help.

#1268 - 05/09/05 09:56 PM Re: Magic Plants
bhel Offline

hi. do you remember what seeds produced the fruit of life plant? thanks

#1269 - 05/11/05 09:21 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have the registered game and still haven't found any magic plants! Is there any way to get help to at least get one?

#1270 - 05/11/05 09:29 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

I don't think there are any shortcuts to breeding the magic plants. You need the soil improvements and several generations of cross-pollination to get there. You can find all of the magic plants by random breeding. I actually did it the first time I played Plant Tycoon - it took me 3 weeks of almost constant play. Now I keep track of my plants on a spreadsheet.

#1271 - 05/16/05 03:53 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Care to share a spread sheet with us?

#1272 - 05/16/05 04:07 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

I've attached a sample Excel workbook that can be used for tracking plants. There are two spreadsheets - one for the flowers and one for the plant types. Since you have to make up your own names for the plants, I've only provided an example of how you might go about naming the flowers (I made up my own names for my tracking purposes, but they won't make sense to everyone else)!

Attachments
8849-BlankPlantBreedingChart.zip (531 downloads)

#1273 - 05/26/05 02:02 AM Re: Magic Plants
Goatherd Offline

I have a question about the Flowers of Knowledge and how their power works. I have the FOK, which I thought meant that the initial price I see for a plant is the "correct" price. But I'm finding that if I jack up the price three or four clicks I can still sell it.

So...what are those FOK doing for me? It seems to me if I stuck with the prices it suggests, I'd be passing up a lot of money.

Does anyone know how those Flowers work? What have other people done for pricing once they had the FOK?

(FYI, I also have the Golden Berries of Wealth, in case that makes a difference in this.)

#1274 - 05/26/05 12:13 PM Re: Magic Plants
Unicorn

Even though the FOK's description says, "The essence of this flower gives you great insight and wisdom. Now you know exactly what each plant is worth. From now on your plants will be automatically priced perfectly to maximize their value when sold," you can still, in effect, haggle in the nursery and get a higher price. The plants are definitely priced more accurately initially, but the FOK doesn't override the pricing flexibility that you have.

#1275 - 06/21/05 06:00 PM Re: Magic Plants
Bethicus Offline

Loc: Detroit Mi
I must be missing the post where the describe AND tell the name of the plant in the upper right corner in the middle...

#1276 - 06/25/05 10:30 AM Re: Magic Plants
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
when you find a magic plant you get a green screen- and as Ladycfii says, it describes what the plant is and what it does. Once the magic plant is in the nursery, you can't touch it to find out what it is again. So keep track of them seperately!!

#1277 - 07/19/05 12:06 PM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Any body tries to cross-pollinate between dead plant and other plant? I got the relly weird seed!!!

#1278 - 07/26/05 06:23 AM Re: Magic Plants
Anonymous
Unregistered

Can someone tell me how to get magic plants ?

#1279 - 07/26/05 10:04 AM Re: Magic Plants
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
Magic plants are created by cross breeding! There are 4 of them and they all look different. Make sure you have the best soil and water and continue to create new varieties. You'll run into them eventually!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter