Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >
Topic Options
#122120 - 03/04/08 02:36 AM How often do you read for pleasure?
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
How often do you read for pleasure? Do you read books, magazines? Do you relax with the newspaper in the mornings?

Feel free to reply and let us know what you enjoy reading.
How often do you read for pleasure?
Only one choice allowed

Votes accepted starting: 03/04/08 02:31 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

#122122 - 03/04/08 02:53 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
I like to read. I try to read every day but dont so 3-4 times a week

I read my Bible
any thing to do with Teens or what they are reading
Music magazine so i know what is the music my kids are listening to
Romance novels
How magazine
Mysteries books

Edited by lucas (03/04/08 03:26 AM)

Ava By AR

#122123 - 03/04/08 02:57 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: lucas]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

What do you like to read? I generally read books for teens so I know what my kids are reading, but I also sprinkle in my favorite classics and the odd (sometimes very odd) political book.

#122132 - 03/04/08 03:33 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
SpecialPrincess Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: the Midwest, USA
I had to go with daily cause there wasn't a 5+ choice. My family gets the newspaper Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Sundays, and I read it whenever we get it. I also read an online newspaper called the Neopian Times, which is a primarily Neopets newspaper about Neopets. ;\) Also, I like to read stuff in my literature textbook sometimes. I don't really read books too much any more, mostly cause I don't have anything new to read. \:\( I will read pretty much anything, but some books BORE me. Example: the Children's Homer. I HATED THAT BOOK!! \:\/

My favorite types of books: autobiographies, biographies, science fiction, fantasy, realistic fiction, historic fiction, you name it. There are very few books that I have really hated.

Edited by SpecialPrincess (03/04/08 03:37 AM)

#122157 - 03/04/08 09:38 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: SpecialPrincess]
Emms Offline

Loc: England
I voted daily i read anything from crime thrillers to fantasy to horror novels, may favorite authors are Richard laymon, Terry pratchett, i also like Dean koontz, James herbert.

#122162 - 03/04/08 10:36 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Emms]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I voted daily. I'm like Emms. I read just about anything I can get my hands on, although my favorite authors are: Piers Anthony (GO XANTH!) Nora Roberts, Christine Feehan and Stephen King \:\)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#122168 - 03/04/08 02:13 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Xay]
Meems Offline
Expert

Loc: the hills and hollers of Tenne...
I,too,read daily. I collect many of my favorite authors from Good Will,used book shops,yard sales,flea markets and grocery store discount bins. I re-read favorite authors to help me sleep at night which lately has been Orson Scott Card(Empire),Dean Koontz(Odd Thomas),C.J.Cherryh(The Morgaine Saga)...I did read Stephen King's "Duma Key"(a valentine gift from my husband)and am almost ready to journey back to Mid-World because "it is Ka...and we are Ka-Tet" unless VVIII should suddenly appear within our grasp!

#122169 - 03/04/08 02:26 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Meems]
Caristiona Offline
Expert

Loc: a tiny town in Oklahoma
I enjoy reading. Books, magazines, game strategy guides, and a whole lot more. I try to set a good example for my daughter and read almost every day. I enjoy classical authors as well as more modern ones though I do tend to read more Sci-Fi and fantasy than anything else. Stephen King is awesome but my fave has to be the Dragonlady herself Anne MacCaffrey. Have just finished rereading "Little Women" and I feel like walking Drizzt's path once again.

#122171 - 03/04/08 02:41 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: lucas]
spyrogirlkim Offline
Expert

Loc: Kansas
I read every day.I love true crime,and scarry things.True Crime is best.Anyone read either story on Shanda Sharer.Both are good books about the crime.A 12 year old murdered by 4 other teen girls.

#122176 - 03/04/08 03:40 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: spyrogirlkim]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Daily.

My favorite types of books are those about horses!
I also like some of the more classic stories, i.e. Little Women, Black Beauty (told you I like to read about horses).
I also love the Anne of Green Gables Series.

#122180 - 03/04/08 03:51 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

I like creepy books like those from Dean R Koontz. I also liked the Harry Potter books and the full Chronicles of Narnia. Although I have to admit I am having a heck of a time getting through the "Prince Caspian" chapter. I have made a few attempts to get through it but for some reason, I just can't. I am not too sure if it is because it just doesn't hold my attention or what.

#122181 - 03/04/08 03:53 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Yep, I'm a daily reader as well. 99% are bibical based. Other then the bible they are thology books, preachings, or the like. Presently I'm reading, Love Your God with All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the Soul by J. P. Moreland.

#122182 - 03/04/08 04:32 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I see several people read Koontz and King, I love their work.

\:\)

Unfortunately, I haven't had time to keep up with their new stuff... I did buy the latest King, and I was planning on reading it cover to cover (one sitting) over Srping Break, but I'll be moving instead.

I know that with Koontz and King I need to be able to just sit and read for at least 8 hours straight, because if I don't have the time to do it, I'll do it anyhow lol

#122211 - 03/04/08 07:09 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
Happy Birthday laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
I like to read a lot, novel, poetry and mainly biographie and historical books. And also I like re-read classical books of ancient authors

#122287 - 03/05/08 12:35 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: laurence]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
I like to read- mainly science fiction or science fantasy - like Anne McCaffrey and her son Todd!!!
Though I will read almost anything if it keeps my interest up!

#122297 - 03/05/08 01:41 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Caristiona]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: Caristiona
...my fave has to be the Dragonlady herself Anne MacCaffrey...
THE ONLY GOOD DRAGONS LIVE ON PERN!

I try to read daily, starting with my Bible. I also read lots of SF (Azimov is my fave in this genre) and Westerns (had every one of L'Amour's books in hardback or paper till the flood )

Oh Yeah! and don't forget I read these forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#122301 - 03/05/08 01:57 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Rockmower]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Azimov is a fantastic author! I was introduced to Sci-fi through his work, and I have never regretted it.

#122313 - 03/05/08 03:03 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
squawky Offline
Master

Loc: New England
Try to read a bit before bed every day. Despite the fact I own too many books, I never have time to read them - but I'll heartily agree with all the sci-fi/fantasy fans out there (Asimov, Niven, Zelazny, Kim Stanley Robinson, Terry Pratchett ... to name a few). Horror - Stephen King's early books and anything by H.P. Lovecraft. And I read a bit of popular science non-fiction, too (Simon Winchester's geology books are my favorites).

(Sigh...now I want to read something instead of doing more work - oh well \:\) ).

#122335 - 03/05/08 06:48 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: squawky]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

odd.... i don't remember re-naming myself squawky..... lol

another Zelazny fan! Even the sci-fi lovers I know here don't know his work somehow! I had a friend once who swore up and down he had been searching for the books... turned out he had spent a while looking for Zenlazy (freudian clue, perhaps?) and had seen the Zelazny, and didn't actually put 2 and 2 together. duh, right?

#122345 - 03/05/08 10:39 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
Becca123 Offline
Guru

Loc: In a happy place =D
I love reading mysterious books - and also scary stories.
I read almost every night when I am not up late doing homework
If there was a Virtual Villagers book, im sure I would be one of the first to buy it!

#122406 - 03/05/08 08:05 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Becca123]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
Big Sci-fi/fantasy fan here! Was even part of a Pern facfic site. So definately McCaffrey(both of them!), LOVE Tad Williams, highly recommend Kristin Britains new Green Riders series, but I also like the old mystery romances by Mary Stewart.
Oh and I'm in charge of our church library too.
\:\)
Marcey

#122436 - 03/05/08 11:10 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: AtarahPern]
Airstream Raider Offline

Loc: blululup. Im not telling you!
i am forced to read for 20 min. after lunch. or the lastperiod of the day. but i enjoy reading the EC :of corse: and also i got #9 before most people knew about it \:D but im almost done with 4. i should be working on five in no more than 2 weeks. (i have like 60 pgs left. but i read slow)

tgff (ThankGoodnessForFrosting)

#122443 - 03/06/08 12:03 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Airstream Raider]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I make my kids read daily too. At the beginning of the year they whine about having to do it. By now most of them whine that I don't give them enough time. I like that whining much better. I can only spare so much in class time though.

#122452 - 03/06/08 12:46 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Village Idiot Jr Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: Basketball Court
weird im the only one so far who picked i dont like to read for pleasure. if i do read (which is not usely) i just read sport magizines.

#122511 - 03/06/08 07:50 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Bubbly Offline

I also like to read everyday \:\) either newspaper, magazines or novel books.

#122591 - 03/06/08 09:53 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Bubbly]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

VI jr, there are some awesome books about sports out there for teens. I have lots of athletes who "hate reading" until they get hole of Walter Dean Myers' Slam, or Hoops (those both happen to be about basketball).

#122592 - 03/06/08 10:00 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Thanks EH, we'll give them a good look'n into. I think Jr. likes to read, but dislikes us making him read every night before going to bed. He does have a "little" stubborn streak in him. He of course get's that from his mum! hehehe But we will get him some of Myer's books and see if that helps.

Thanks again!

#122594 - 03/06/08 10:06 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

The books look scary - esp Slam - because they are not little baby books anymore, but the story is completely awesome (I read it 3 times) and all of my Basketball boys go gaga for it.

#122633 - 03/07/08 02:03 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
Book worm here. I read daily. My books of choice is Torah and Torah related books.

#122717 - 03/07/08 09:51 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Sparkle Offline
Trainee

My bro has b.ball practice for 2hours every day so my life is to hectic to read for fun. although I should start sticking in some time if I get my H.W done in school and spend less time on the computer.
John 3:16

#122760 - 03/08/08 02:22 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
colourmehappy Offline
Master

Loc: Portugal
I read my daily paper and of course. The fan fiction on LDW.

#123010 - 03/09/08 06:08 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Bubbly]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Another Science Fiction and Fanatsy fan! (It's what the "SF" in sfrose stands for!!! \:D )

In the last week I read the novel Jumper and its sequel {i}Reflex[/i] by Steven Gould (much differemt, and IMHO, much better) than the movie; and Strangers in Death, by JD Robb. Novels by Naomi Novik, Nancy Atherton, and Charles Stross are probably next on my list...

I also help proofread books for a volunteer small press. (Eyeshigh, you'll be pleased to know that a collection of Zelazny is in progress!)

But even if I'm not reading Science Fiction, I'm always reading something, even if it's this forum! ;\)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#123033 - 03/09/08 07:04 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: sfrose]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You are so lucky to get to help proof them sfrose! I'm completely jealous now.

New Zelazney?!?!?! Imma die waiting now, lol.

#123108 - 03/09/08 08:40 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Not new, just a new collection of reprints. Though there may be some that you haven't seen before.

It's a large project, the first of the volumes might not be ready until next fall or possibly 2009.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#123189 - 03/10/08 02:29 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: sfrose]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Gives me something to look forward to. I just re-bought the whole Amber series a few months ago. lol

#123595 - 03/12/08 09:08 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
Phantom_Flame Offline
Trainee

Novels, manga, fanfics, doujinshi(fan-fiction manga), game guides *shot*...the list goes on. And I will admit, over 80% of all of those are from/about/origionated in Japan.

#123997 - 03/15/08 12:54 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Phantom_Flame]
heatherndan Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Long Island, US
I read all the time.

#125474 - 03/24/08 07:21 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Gamemastr1]
Llulabell Offline
Adviser

Loc: Darlington, SC
I too love the Harry Potter books & The Chronicles of Narnia. Actually, I downloaded the audio books for Narnia. I (occassionally) relax by doing mosaics & usually have an audio book playing while I work. I am listening to Prince Caspian now. Its not nearly as hard to listen to as it is to read \:\)

#128590 - 04/08/08 01:16 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
*Erica* Offline
Master

Loc: Somewhere over the rainbow
3 to 4 times a week! i love reading Fruitbaskets, they are really good

I have two fan fictions called "Dear Diary" & "The Sad Life of Soda" check em out

#128602 - 04/08/08 01:53 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere.
I read daily because of school...Most of the stories I like

#131992 - 04/19/08 03:51 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
VVMeggie Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: In The Basement
I read all the time!Who's read the Warrior Books by Erin Hunter?

www.virtualvillagerstories.blogspot.com

Visit My Forums
www.storiesanddrawings.chocoforum.net

#132005 - 04/19/08 04:53 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: VVMeggie]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

I haven't...Have you read Shiloh?

#132037 - 04/19/08 01:46 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Bowl Wheeevil]
VVMeggie Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: In The Basement
No.Have you read the looking glass wars?

www.virtualvillagerstories.blogspot.com

Visit My Forums
www.storiesanddrawings.chocoforum.net

#132074 - 04/19/08 04:50 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Robert1220 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: At the SB.
i love to read... DAILY \:D

umm... is this bad? \:8

#132078 - 04/19/08 05:07 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Robert1220]
Houjun Offline
Consigliere

Originally Posted By: Robert1220
i love to read... DAILY \:D

umm... is this bad? \:8

It's never bad to love to read daily, it exercises your brain. Now if you only read and came to the forums and didn't exercise ever, then it would be bad. \:\)

Track your currency.

If you like brainteasers, you might like Braingle.

#132081 - 04/19/08 05:12 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Houjun]
Bowl Wheeevil Offline
Guru

No I haven't AG...Ummm....i can't think of another book \:D

#132637 - 04/21/08 04:32 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Eastcoastfan Offline
Adviser

Loc: Denver, CO
How often do you read for pleasure?
You may choose only one
daily
3-4 times a week
** 1-2 times a week **
1-3 times a month
I never have time anymore!
I don't like to read for pleasure.

I'm dyslexic, so reading is a bit of a challenge for me. I do however read quite a few magazines to keep up on spelling etc...

#132823 - 04/22/08 12:04 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Eastcoastfan]
renaweir Offline
Adviser

Loc: California
I used to read daily until I discovered Virtual Villagers. Now I read about 3 times a week, mainly the Bible. When I used to read daily I read historicals, biographies, travel, earth science, history, a little bit of poetry, literature, fiction, cooking, non-fiction and mystery. Mystery was my favorite and the author I read most was Agatha Christie.

#133538 - 04/24/08 08:13 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: renaweir]
CaliBrat Offline
Expert

I tend to go through stages trading off between reading and being on the computer. I tend to be a fast reader, I read all 5 of Jean Auel's Children of the Earth series (Clan of the Cave Bear, Valley of Horses, Mammoth Hunters, Plains of Passage and Shelters of Stone) in a weeks time.

I do love to read though and when I am in a reading mood I tend to spend nearly as much time at the second hand book store as I do reading :P
Brat

#135001 - 04/27/08 07:44 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
knksmiles Offline
Master

I don't leave the house without a book in hand. I usually read fantasy (Jordan, McCaffrey, Lackey, Eddings are some of my favorites, but I do love to pull out my Austen novels and reread all of them at least once a year.

#135773 - 04/29/08 08:30 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: knksmiles]
Aura Pereira Offline

Loc: Portugal
I love reading. Once I get a new book I can`t put it down.I could spend all my waking hours on reading.I can`t do that anymore ,I have a house to clean now.Speaking of house I gotta go and get stuff done.

#136056 - 04/29/08 11:31 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Aura Pereira]
boostone Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
Hi all

I am also a SF Fan & Fantasy fan-Robert Jordan & Terry Goodkind (Him especially) are favorites. SF Writes are Asimov, Ben Bova, sooo many fantastic ones. I am also into Koontz last one I read was Odd Thomas. TG there is a library here where I live...Not unusual to have 20 books out per week...I hide in books when the DD has the puter & DH is watching Hockey...

Have a great night all

Barb aka Boo

#149615 - 05/23/08 05:41 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: boostone]
Dr.Lea Offline
Trainee

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I love to read although I don't always have the time to. I am also one of those types to sit down to read for a bit and end up staying up til 3 am to finish a great book. I haven't seen my two favorites listed here Chuck Palahnuik (wrote "Fight Club")and Kurt Vonnegut RIP. I don't reccomend either for our devoted bible readers here (they can both get a bit crass at times) but for those who enjoy really great writing and unique and sometimes sci-fi-esque themes these are the guys for it.

I reccomend Cat's Cradle (best book I've ever read) & Sirens of Titan by Kurt Vonnegut; and Lullaby & Survivor by Chuck Palahnuik.

Ok I'm done ranting

Lea

#149688 - 05/23/08 03:10 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Animegirl8 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Hiding... no one will ever fin...
I like reading. \:\) My favorite books must be the W.I.T.C.H series, The B.P (Beauty Pop) series, and Dear America books. \:\)

#149734 - 05/23/08 05:51 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Animegirl8]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
I read a lot. My favorite books are the Harry Potter series and Artemis Fowl series. If you want a good, short book to read, try The Old Willis Place. It is a ghost story, but not a scary one. It's one of the best books I've ever read.

#149751 - 05/23/08 06:46 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: HarryFan17]
bethlham Offline
Guru

I loooove books! I'm pretty eclectic in genre, as long as it's good...haha. I've been stuck on non-fiction for a bit... theories of the universe and world religions. I'm in the midst of 'The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicambrial Mind' which is interesting. Otherwise, my last fiction was 'The Traveller's Wife' and 'The Invention of Hugo Cabret' both of which were great.

I love Discover magazine, have been a Harry Potter fan and avoid newspapers as much as possible...too depressing.

#150562 - 05/25/08 06:03 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: bethlham]
Airstream Raider Offline

Loc: blululup. Im not telling you!
I just finished "Cornelia and the Audacious Escepades of the Summerset Sisters"! great book. i highly recomend it. Now i am finishing up (kinda) Edge Chronicles #5

tgff (ThankGoodnessForFrosting)

#165085 - 07/24/08 04:24 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Miss Monkey Girl Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Home
i love reading, daily
you cant stop me! \:D

#165720 - 07/28/08 04:53 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
bryanzthousand Offline
Trainee

Loc: skippin school
i have to read whatever my teacher assigns as home work. sooo not fun. We had to read Anne Frank's book, which makes me hate reading to this day.

#165728 - 07/28/08 07:59 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: bryanzthousand]
kittenangel2001 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Pennsylvania
Just my opinion here:

Anne Franks Diary was a very compelling book, I know it is long but it is worth reading to see how things actually happened in that era to the Jewish people of Germany.

It is the most acurate account of a young girl and her familys' struggle.

#165758 - 07/28/08 03:40 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: kittenangel2001]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: kittenangel2001
Just my opinion here:

Anne Franks Diary was a very compelling book

Another thing I liked about her diary was how she could maintain hope and still find beauty in the midst of horrible adversity. Though not a 'cheery' book, it was profound. I think. \:\)

#165762 - 07/28/08 04:47 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Joine The Great Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Florida
My fave books are chapter books like Belle Prater's Boy And Lily's Crossing. (Lily's Crossing Beatiful Book..)

My all time faveorite book is. of coruse Lily's Crossing. It's a story about A young girl named Lily who's spending her summer at Rockaway Beach During WWII. I won't tell ya the rest but definatly read the book ;\)

#165766 - 07/28/08 05:23 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Joine The Great]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Wow! Joine, I read that book last month! I just stumbled upon it at the library and it looked interesting, so I checked it out. LOL

#165835 - 07/29/08 01:31 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
I read pretty much continuously. Not only that, but I usually read more than one book at a time (and, no, I don't get them confused). I'm one of those people who walk out of a library with a bulging cloth bag full of books... and are back the next week.

I read pretty much anything. Fiction, non-fiction, how-to books, even textbooks.

In the past few years, I haven't missed a single book sale in my area. I go, and walk out with several boxes full of books. When books are going for 5-20 cents each, it's easy to end up with a hundred of them! Then I get home and try to figure out where to put them all....

#170790 - 09/06/08 01:55 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
CaszaGirl16138 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Australia (via TARDIS)
I love to read! I read about an hour each day \:\)

#171663 - 09/14/08 04:28 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: CaszaGirl16138]
Rachel72 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Out Of My Mind!!
I love to read. I read every night before I go to sleep!

#171717 - 09/14/08 09:18 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Rachel72]
tkdgrl223 Offline
Master

I read from 10 pm to around 12am or later every day.

#171857 - 09/16/08 12:47 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: tkdgrl223]
Oni Offline

Loc: usa
I love to read I read 70% of the day while my kids are in school. Also I set aside 45 minutes each night to read to my children before they go to bed. Currently I am reading Sacrifice of the Widow by Lisa Smedman. I love fantasy books but sometimes I will pick up others.

http://dragcave.net/user/oni_noquar

#176971 - 11/10/08 11:07 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Oni]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Loc: Somewhere in NC
If I have a good book than I read daily. I really love to read.

#177226 - 11/13/08 05:49 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Dasani Offline

Loc: Hidden in the basement
I'm a daily reader.
I read anything and everything - I even have a tendency to grab any free publication just so I have material to read (ie. seasonal grocery store magazine). Real estate booklets, bargain flyers, you name it. Can't imagine why I have so much clutter?!

ps. I must say it's quite a relief to see the percentage as high as it is. Glad to see [or read wink ] that there are still people reading!

Edited by Dasani (11/13/08 05:52 AM)
Edit Reason: Additional comment

#181365 - 01/09/09 03:43 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
soccerluva22 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Island of Isola
DAILY!

My BIBLE

Harry Potter, book chat book (school), Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Clique Series, Harry Potter ...

Ask Jazzo about the unofficial LDW fan blog

#182024 - 01/21/09 07:43 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
virtualruler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: In the past when the dinosaurs...
i read daily about shark books mostly or cheetahs sometimes about italian theifs

#183069 - 02/04/09 04:05 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
cattales Offline
Trainee

Loc: U.S.
Mostly non-fiction, but I like an occasional sci-fi, and I've read Tolkien's trilogy 4 times, The Hobbit 3. Other fiction more rarely.

#184320 - 02/27/09 02:46 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Ecoworldme Offline
Adviser

Loc: Nowhere anyone needs to know.
Originally Posted By: Krystal
Daily.

My favorite types of books are those about horses! grin
I also like some of the more classic stories, i.e. Little Women, Black Beauty (told you I like to read about horses).
I also love the Anne of Green Gables Series.
WOW! Great minds think alike? I LOVE the Anne of Green Gables Series too! I want to read Good Wifes. I read Daily too.

#184321 - 02/27/09 03:10 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Ecoworldme]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
The new(ish) Anne Of Green Gables book (called Before Green Gables) is really good. I've read it twice. Anne fans should definitely try it. I also recommend the book Akin To Anne, which is a collection of short stories by L. M. Montgomery, and all of them about orphans or kids in search of family.

#184323 - 02/27/09 03:22 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Tuna Puzzler]
Ecoworldme Offline
Adviser

I HAVE to read 'Anne of Ingleside'

#184391 - 02/28/09 06:28 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Becca123]
lukerduker123 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Texas
I read the hardy boy books, WW2 books, and the acrypha ( amazingly I'm non-denominitional)

#184439 - 03/01/09 12:48 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: soccerluva22]
Ecoworldme Offline
Adviser

Originally Posted By: soccerluva22
DAILY!

My BIBLE

Harry Potter, book chat book (school), Harry Potter, Chronicles of Narnia, Clique Series, Harry Potter ...
SL, I think you forgot Harry Potter.

#184614 - 03/07/09 04:57 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Ecoworldme]
pumpkin_28 Offline
Adviser

Loc: Canada
lol, I love Harry Potter too. I love so many kinds of books and so many authors I can't possibly list them all. I'll try reading anything. Love Eye of the world series by Robert Jordan, the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon, mystery books, detective books, and of course Dickens and all the classics....

#184618 - 03/07/09 07:54 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: pumpkin_28]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
DAILY! As in newspapers, both on and off line.
These days, I only read books when on vacation. blush

#186529 - 04/15/09 10:17 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
connor Offline

i like classis like huckleberryfinn and tom saywer

#196199 - 05/26/09 12:49 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: eyeshigh]
Tobie Offline
Adviser

I read something interesting every day. Books are my favorite.

#197773 - 06/04/09 09:39 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Tobie]
angelswings8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: New York
i read a book every minute i have free if i don't have a book with me everywhere i go i feel like a part of me is missing because reading can take you anywhere you want to go without spending airfare

#197903 - 06/05/09 10:44 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: angelswings8]
coolburito Offline
Trainee

Loc: Texas USA
i only read if i need to for exaple for school plus i only read kool books i ain't a geek

#198409 - 06/11/09 02:53 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: angelswings8]
Havetia Offline
Guru

Originally Posted By: angelswings8
i read a book every minute i have free if i don't have a book with me everywhere i go i feel like a part of me is missing because reading can take you anywhere you want to go without spending airfare

Oooh, I like that. Can I use it sometime in my siggy?

#199191 - 06/16/09 06:58 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Havetia]
angelswings8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: New York
yes you can and it really is true

#212271 - 11/04/09 05:38 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
nanhug Offline
Trainee

Loc: Isola, where the heck is Isola...
OMG!! I read everyday. I felt so lost last night could not find my book - left it in my car - I read while waiting for my daughter to get out of school in the car and before bed every night - except last night - lol

#212287 - 11/05/09 04:16 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: nanhug]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
I read everyday as well! Can't live without a book by my side. smile

#213759 - 12/22/09 04:20 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
123isolagirl Offline
Consigliere

Loc: *looks up* Huh? Where am I?
I READ TOO MUCH

#213763 - 12/22/09 04:26 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: 123isolagirl]
34liger98 Offline
Expert

Loc: Don't look behind you. I'm no...
Every once in a while. When I got off of school for Xmas break I stopped reading. Too bad a reading assignment is due February!! eek

...wait

#214978 - 01/09/10 09:51 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: lucas]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
Originally Posted By: lucas

Mysteries books

I love mysteries!!! grin

#218804 - 03/01/10 10:36 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: lucas]
Zelena Offline
Adviser

Loc: Bucharest, Romania
I like to read, si everyday I read the newspaper and some book

Whenever you set out to do something, something else must be done first.

#219125 - 03/03/10 09:19 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Zelena]
frogboy Offline
Expert

A few times a week... My favorite series is the "Passages" series by Paul McCusker.

#219513 - 03/07/10 03:13 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: frogboy]
spinnything Offline
Adviser

every day. i love to read!
Fave author is Stephen King. Right now I am reading 'Under the Dome'

#219514 - 03/07/10 03:23 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: spinnything]
Havetia Offline
Guru

I realized when I posted I NEVER said what I read

Nancy Drew
All the Little House on the Prairie books
The Hardy Boys
Left Behind series
True Light series
Anne Of Green Gables series

#223202 - 07/07/10 06:37 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Havetia]
The Chief Offline
Adviser

Loc: VA
I read the Bible and the Book of Mormon with my grandma. I read mostly by myself, though. I like Nancy Drew, Son of the South(a southern view book, and that's it really

#223700 - 07/26/10 12:47 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Kikiann11 Offline
Expert

Loc: NJ
I read every day too! I love mysteries (Agatha Christie), and really just about anything. But, my favorites are the Harry Potter books. They are the only things I read before bed. I actually broke the bindings on a couple, I read them so much.

#227744 - 01/15/11 10:40 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Kikiann11]
horsecrazy123 Offline
Expert

Loc: None of your business, lol
Wow...I don't know...honestly, if I'm not writing or studying or doing homework I'm reading, plus I read like a page of whatever current book I'm reading at the time at the beginning of each of my classes (sheesh that's a long sentence). I'm addicted to harry Potter currently, as I read them all in November, 2010. I actually read them all within a week. So yeah, I read a lot smile

#228364 - 02/04/11 06:20 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Ashleigh_Marie Offline

Loc: Missoula, Montana
my reading consists mainly of college textbooks

#230111 - 07/30/11 06:11 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
Upinde wa Mvua Offline

Daily. I obsess over the Warriors books by Erin Hunter, and I'm still working on Homestuck. (I think of it as a hybrid of a flash game and a book.)

#230330 - 10/18/11 05:50 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Upinde wa Mvua]
Outlast Offline

I read every day. Almost always keep a book in my purse to snatch a few pages when I have a chance. Mostly I read cozy mysteries like Agatha Christie, M.C. Beaton or Charlotte MacLeod.

#230661 - 01/21/12 07:25 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: angelswings8]
crosstitcher Offline
Expert

Loc: w. Tn
You are JUST LIKE my HUBBY. He has a book CONSTANTLY with him, work, car,vacations, and drs. appts. eek We drive an hour from home to exchange books, as we DON'T have those kind of book stores anymore in our town.
I COLLECT the Prehistorical Ice Age books, Jean Aul, The Clan of the Cave Bear Series, and Kathleen/Micheal Gear, brother/sister team,People of Wolf,Fire Series,William Sarabande,Beyond the Ice Series is the 3 authors I have the most books with. Along with 12 more authors.
I ALSO have ALL of Louis L"Amour books, 100. Since he passed away, a few years back, I DON'T read what his daughter writes.
I have read ALL my books AT LEAST 4 x's each. WHEN I am NOT busy with my hobby, thus my name, I read. grin
Happy reading to all.

#230722 - 02/01/12 11:23 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
aliah Offline

I read every day fall asleep with a book, In fact read myself to sleep most nights.

Love Dean Koonts, Stephen King, Hinlein, Nora Roberts, Terry Goodking, oh I suppose I could go on and on, my house is full of books books almost in every room and I have read they all.

Aliah

#234885 - 06/05/13 11:36 PM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
VV3 girl123 Offline
Consigliere

Loc: The Wild West

I read every day, every second i get,Exept when I'm in school or on the forum or playing VV3 or VV4 game wink grin

#237674 - 12/23/14 01:22 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: Krystal]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
Never

#241384 - 04/03/17 02:55 AM Re: How often do you read for pleasure? [Re: VF_Life]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You know i've been too long when I'd forgotten that this was my original post! I still read daily, although all too often, it is student papers instead of good books.

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter