Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 142 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >
Topic Options
#161620 - 07/05/08 07:07 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Lurkily]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
The SPVC intentions are radically opposed to the SPCV intentions!!
The SPVC act for the guiding hand's interests without the villagers' interests and the SPCV because the villagers' interests are the guiding hand's interests

The SPCV reflect what we believe, a kind of profession of faith.

I don't know what is the SPVC reflecting except maybe a "game of the contradictions"

#161630 - 07/05/08 07:41 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: One of the thirteen colonies
Or maybe efficiency...

It is up to the guiding hand what to do, and as the great SimCity Societies box says: 'The power to build your utopia or your inferno is in your hands.'

#161631 - 07/05/08 07:43 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: halidog]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

And no amount of bribery will change that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#161633 - 07/05/08 08:17 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Lurkily]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Originally Posted By: Lurkily
Originally Posted By: Jazzo
BRIBERY, BRIBERY. But thinking about it, here is a reason why you can't be a member of both:
Originally Posted By: Lurkily
By adding that to your profile, you agree to the following:

"I, with the Isola gods as my witnesses, regardless of how I may have pampered virtual villagers in the past, agree to not permit misguided feelings for villagers to hinder my goals further in any way. Having "SPVC Member" in my signature shows that I agree to these terms whole-heartedly and wish to show it to all."

Meaning you can't pamper villagers. Also referring to the SPCV's views as "misguided feelings?" Complete contradictions. And apparently, being a member of the SPVC means you agree to these terms whole-heartedly

hmm.

Defense, your comment?

If my goals are the unconditional comfort and happiness of my villagers, then my goals would only be achievable through the means similar to those described in the SPCV bill of rights. I would use any and all means neccesary -- that is, love and snuggles -- to achieve those goals.

These kinder, gentler methedologies may seem to directly contradict some of the bills established in the SPVC bill of rights for the Guiding Hand, but the fact is that they are simply rights that the Guiding Hand has, not laws that it absolutely must follow, just as a human being has the right to sustenance, but can also go on a fast if they choose to do so.

I can strive for those cuddlier goals even without "misguided feelings" -- that is, the humanization of villagers.

Counterargument; your comment?

I think I understand your theory. You're saying both organizations share the same overall goal. We both want our villages to be successful. We just get there by different means. However, the fact that the different ways contradict each other, makes it impossible for one to do both, therefore impossible for one to be a member of both groups. There are many other examples of this. For example, take American politics. The two candidates both just want America to be a better country. They just have different ways of doing it. You can't support both though. And let me just add, though it's irrelevant right now, the SPCV does have an endorsement from Arthur.

Your rebuttal?

#161637 - 07/05/08 08:48 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Jazzo]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Please DO NOT MENTION POLITICIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally don't like them.

#161652 - 07/05/08 09:45 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: halidog]
Animegirl8 Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Hiding... no one will ever fin...
HELP MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! The SPVC has brought out my evil side!!! I very rarely bring that side of me out!!! I am so close to being a member if the SPVC!!!! I am trying to remain loyal to the SPCV!

#161653 - 07/05/08 10:00 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Animegirl8]
halidog Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Just repeat this for the rest of your life (or whenever you feel good again).
Villagers are our friends.
Villagers are our friends.

#161662 - 07/05/08 11:06 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: halidog]
HarryFan17 Offline
Master

Loc: in the front row of a concert!...
Fight it, AG8!

#161665 - 07/05/08 11:17 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
Lurkily Offline
Guru

Loc: Right behind you.
Originally Posted By: laurence
The SPVC intentions are radically opposed to the SPCV intentions!!
The SPVC act for the guiding hand's interests without the villagers' interests and the SPCV because the villagers' interests are the guiding hand's interests

The SPCV reflect what we believe, a kind of profession of faith.

I don't know what is the SPVC reflecting except maybe a "game of the contradictions"

[Seriousness]
As stated repeatedly, the SPVC is a joke. There is no real intent to be hurtful towards villagers, pixels or not. Such an attitude is unhealthy, regardless of how 'real' the target is.

The SPVC reflects a sense of humor. That is all. Not cruel intentions, not disregard for human suffering, just a sense of humor. I understand that the SPCV tries to reflect an opposition to cruelty in all forms, by founding it on the more lighthearted issue of the villagers, and it's an admirable attitude that I am not seriously trying to challenge. I don't know how many times I have repeated these words, but people keep seeming to take it too seriously. My only aim in this is to get a chuckle, and I hold and admire the values and freedoms that the SPCV treasures.

As I've said elsewhere; there is enough injustice in this world to make me cry. Let's not invent it where it doesn't exist.
[/Seriousness]

[Humor]
As to the opposition of the tenets of the SPVC and the SPCV; perhaps they were created in an opposing spirit, but they are not fundamentally incompatible. The villagers have been given rights; doesn't the Guiding Hand deserve rights, too? And the Guiding Hand, given those rights, may choose to exercise those rights in the upholding of tenets similar to (Since it's forbidden from subscribing to those tenets) the SPCV's. Both sets of rules can be upheld simultaneously.

And, as a member of both organizations, one would have to.
[/Humor]

EDIT: Sorry, I missed this post, Jazzo.

I think I understand your theory. You're saying both organizations share the same overall goal. We both want our villages to be successful. We just get there by different means. However, the fact that the different ways contradict each other, makes it impossible for one to do both, therefore impossible for one to be a member of both groups. There are many other examples of this. For example, take American politics. The two candidates both just want America to be a better country. They just have different ways of doing it. You can't support both though. And let me just add, though it's irrelevant right now, the SPCV does have an endorsement from Arthur.

Your rebuttal?
My rebuttal is that the means are not neccesarily different; if the Guiding Hand has the goals that he would HAVE to have as a member of the SPCV, the means could not be different; using cruelty as a means would be counterproductive to the goals of happiness and security.

Therefore, the most efficient means - which the SPVC demands - would be the same kind and cuddly means that the SPCV demands.

Oh noes! The SPVC isn't endorsed by Arthur? The SPVC has the endorsement of Lurkily. Do I get more cookies to give out if Arthur endorses the SPVC? Do I get an 'Endorsed by Arthur' seal to include in SPVC images? Sheesh.

Just for that, I AM going to make an "Endorsed by the SPVC" logo, for use on any post involving cruelty to villagers.

Edited by Lurkily (07/05/08 11:53 PM)

#161698 - 07/06/08 01:58 AM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Jazzo]
Tuna Puzzler Offline
Consigliere

Loc: CA, USA
And let me just add, though it's irrelevant right now, the SPCV does have an endorsement from Arthur.

I propose that Arthur would have never signed his endorsement to either of the factions had both existed simultaneously. When he signed his name to it, the SPCV looked like a cute little club. It didn't look like a moderator's headache in the making. I'm even more sure that he would not want his name invoked right now.

Page 31 of 32 < 1 2 ... 29 30 31 32 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter