Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 126 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 >
Topic Options
#122026 - 03/03/08 09:13 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: HelloWorld!]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Yes! We may consider that it's the fate! and we know that the gong is able of worse!! \:\( (as of the best! \:\) )

#122028 - 03/03/08 09:15 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: laurence]
Midnightgypsy Offline
Expert

Loc: Oregon, USA
really there is worse than that?

#122034 - 03/03/08 09:19 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: HelloWorld!]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Originally Posted By: HelloWorld!
Yes.You would not know that the gong would do that,for ALL event are random.

Our goals in this society are not to hamper game play or prevent villagers from getting sick or hurt. That wouldn't be possible even if we wanted it.
All we are trying to do is get people to not "deliberately" kill their villagers or make them sick without reason. As an example, this club started because a player wanted to know how to kill all the villagers who weren't redheads.
We believe this constitutes unneccessary cruelty towards the wee ones who depend on us for their well being.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#122036 - 03/03/08 09:20 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Midnightgypsy]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
Yes, but it's a spoiler!!
(highlight here if you want to know: the gong may take life!! -end of spoiler)

#122039 - 03/03/08 09:25 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Midnightgypsy]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
Originally Posted By: Midnightgypsy
Well I have a question for you.... If you ring the gong of wonder and the thing makes half your villagers sick is that considered an accident?

I think this would be an infraction. Everyone knows that ringing the gong can cause harmful effects. So if you sign this you should not ring the gong. That's how I read it. It would be no different the playing Russian roulette. Although something bad will not happen every time. But you know that sometimes it can hurt a villager. So if you sign this, I advise you NOT to ring the gong.

#122042 - 03/03/08 09:35 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
So you're saying that we should not chance having something good happen for fear that something bad could happen?

It's like telling your kids that you'll never let anything happen to them. I understand keeping the bad stuff from happening, but keeping anything from happening? If you do that, nothing good will ever happen to them.

How does that song go?

"I could've missed the pain,
But I'd've had to miss
The dance"

#122043 - 03/03/08 09:37 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
Rockmower Moderator Offline
Master Poet

Loc: The Beautiful Ozarks
Yes VI, the gong can have disasterous effects, but it can also do great good such as giving health or youth. A lot of people are troubled with the bad effects the gong has on a population.
Still, it is considered a normal part of game play so we won't forbid it. We will leave it optional for the players discretion.
Remember, we're not trying to prevent all harm only that which is deliberately inflicted.

Avvie by Airstream Raider
Where have all the Fan Fiction Fans gone?
(I miss Laurence cry)
I miss my wife cry

#122044 - 03/03/08 09:37 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Krystal]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Well I'll still ring it, but I haven't signed the SPCV. :P But since you know you could be hurting a villager by ringing the gong, that clearly violates #5. \:\)

#122045 - 03/03/08 09:41 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot
Well I'll still ring it, but I haven't signed the SPCV. :P But since you know you could be hurting a villager by ringing the gong, that clearly violates #5. \:\)
Originally Posted By: laurence
Article 5:
All members of the SPCV shall do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony in the life of their villagers for the term of that villagers natural life. This includes but is not limited to ensuring the villager has an adequate supply of food, rest and love.
If you are running out of food(i.e. from an event) and the gong could grant food, are you saying that it is against Article 5 to try it?

#122046 - 03/03/08 09:44 PM Re: The SPCV: basis and organization. [Re: Krystal]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

All members of the SPCV shal do everything in their power to ensure the peace and harmony...

Everything in the power would mean not to do anything that might hurt the peace and harmony of a villager. Everyone knows that there are some bad things that can happen when you ring the gong. So if you ring it, you are violating #5. \:\) That's all I'm saying. 8\)

Page 3 of 32 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 31 32 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter