Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 180 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#121419 - 02/28/08 08:24 PM Time Travel and Plant Tycoon
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Pardon me if I'm incorrect, but I do believe "advancing your PC clock to force instant growth" is something that the admins on this site consider to be a form of cheating. I have Plant Tycoon (bought through Big Fish Games) that I've been playing for the past few days, and Arnie is correct, the plants have differing maturity times.

Edited by LadyCFII (03/10/08 03:12 AM)
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#121420 - 02/28/08 08:32 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Xay]
eyeshigh Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Loc: Houston, TX
It is a form of cheating, and it can also really mess up different computer functions, not to mention your LDW games!

#121421 - 02/28/08 08:36 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Xay]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I do believe "advancing your PC clock to force instant growth" is something that the admins on this site consider to be a form of cheating.
It's certainly not something they'd recommend. I don't think it's quite so bad for PT, but certainly advancing the system clock in Virtual Villagers can have all sorts of unexpected and unpleasant effects; even worse is setting the clock back. In addition, changing the clock can confuse other applications running on the system.

See the FAQ at http://www.ldw.com/support/faq.php?game=5&platform=9&f=59&q=519#answer

Edited by arnie (02/28/08 08:41 PM)

#121422 - 02/28/08 08:58 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Xay]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Advancing the clock on your computer, or "Time Travelling" is not the best thing to do. There are many posts in different forums discussing this. LDW Administration has put warnings out about the consequences that can go beyond hurting your game but in fact can hurt your computer system or other software.

If you would like to do research on this topic, I would use the SEARCH feature of this forum and type in "Time Travel" (in quotes) and set the date range for anything NEWER THAN 2 YEARS. You will get some returns that do not have to do with time travelling but you should be able to find most that are.

There are debates on this subject for and against but LDW remains firm on the use of "Time Travel". It really isn't worth it. People are going to do what they want and nobody can stop them from time travelling but is it worth the risk?

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter