Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15
Topic Options
#119967 - 02/17/08 08:39 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I would love to be able to wave a magic wand and fix the problems with the leader board, but I can't do that. The programming for it was written quite some time ago, by several different people, and we're going to have to work through the issues and come up with a workable solution. That's going to take some time. We truly would like to see this fixed. These problems are part of the reason that there's no leader board for Plant Tycoon. Until we can resolve the problems, there's no sense creating even more unhappy people.

#119977 - 02/17/08 09:18 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Annthewhofan Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Northwest, England
Ups this is vv1 I did not noticed that. Thought this was in genoral dis I was thinking of vv2.

#120017 - 02/18/08 07:32 AM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: LadyCFII]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
I would love to be able to wave a magic wand and fix the problems with the leader board, but I can't do that. The programming for it was written quite some time ago, by several different people, and we're going to have to work through the issues and come up with a workable solution. That's going to take some time. We truly would like to see this fixed. These problems are part of the reason that there's no leader board for Plant Tycoon. Until we can resolve the problems, there's no sense creating even more unhappy people.

I understand that. But there are still questions I have asked that, unless I missed it, have gone unanswered.

1) I understood you to mean that my stats would age off if I were subject to the _bug_. This did not happen. My stats simply disappeared all at once, while I was still at the top of the leaderboard. Has it happened this way to anyone else?

2) Also, I'm still confused by the update failed message that I still get. Is this also a part of the known _bug_? Will this message persist indefinitely?

#120026 - 02/18/08 02:18 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Unicorn

The update failed message is not part of the _bug_. The FAQ answer that I linked to earlier in our discussion lists all of the known causes for that message. The stats server is functioning properly (I just checked it and refreshed my stats successfully). Try quitting your game and launching it again, which will cause the game to establish a new connection with the server.

The _bug_ does not normally cause stats to "age" off the list (although that does appear to happen in some cases). What we usually see is that the stats suddenly disappear from the list as if they never existed, despite what may or may not be in the database. There may be several bugs involved that are compounding the effects and making it difficult to find and fix.

#120032 - 02/18/08 03:19 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: LadyCFII]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
(sorry Barbara, it's me again \:\/ )
But since 2 or 3 days (and maybe more) I can't refresh my VV1 stats! I have internet with the cable and I'm always connected! I have 2 VV1 tribes ("Isola 1" and "l'île aux papillons" who is new) and for the both, it fails to update! \:\(

#120041 - 02/18/08 03:39 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: laurence]
Unicorn

I'm sorry, Laurence, but the server is working fine, and I can refresh my stats successfully (and the server is a long distance from me). If quitting the game, starting it again and retrying doesn't help, and the suggestions that are listed in the FAQ don't help, then I am at a loss to explain why you can't refresh your stats.

#120071 - 02/18/08 06:15 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: laurence]
popcornlover Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: laurence
(sorry Barbara, it's me again \:\/ )
But since 2 or 3 days (and maybe more) I can't refresh my VV1 stats! I have internet with the cable and I'm always connected! I have 2 VV1 tribes ("Isola 1" and "l'île aux papillons" who is new) and for the both, it fails to update! \:\(

Yes, Laurence, you are having a part of the problem I am having. I've tried all of the FAQ suggestions numerous times and have restarted the application over and over. VV2 updates just fine, but VV1 will not communicate with the server.

#120074 - 02/18/08 06:22 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Unicorn

Please see the thread that I started in the General Discussion forum.

#120075 - 02/18/08 06:23 PM Re: sending and receiving statistics [Re: popcornlover]
Tmac Offline
Master

yeap, same for me also

Page 15 of 15 < 1 2 ... 13 14 15

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter