This is (sorta) a part two to "Boga; An Adventurer", but the first one is not needed to read in order to understand this one. This one is about her(Boga's) granddaughter Ikai, who is writing in her journal. (Appearently Hakea never did keep her promise about writing in a journal...Bad Hakea...(see my last story)) Anyhow, this is my newest story, and I will post it piece by piece, even though I have nearly completed writing it :). Hope you enjoy it, and I'd love it if you comented/rated the story, but even reading it makes me happy! LOL! :). Thanks! :)!

I am Hakea's second child and first daughter, Ikai. I have long brown hair like my Mama, and I have a red shirt, yellow necklace, and a grass skirt. My Grandmama made it for me. I am ten seasons old. I love watching ants!! My younger sister, Tarita, thinks I am weird for acting like a boy, but I don't act like a boy, I act like myself. Mama says that that is the best thing to do! Tatoo, my older brother, is a trainee docter. He is twenty eight seasons old. My Mama is holding a new baby! My Mama is forty-nine seasons old.

My grandmama died last night, and Mama Hakea is sad.

She says that Sali, Papaya(my best friend ever! She is eleven seasons old)'s Mama, is now the leader of the tribe. Mama says that Sali is the granddaughter of a mean girl, and that she hopes Sali will be nicer. Mama also says that she was going to be the leader of the tribe, but sadly, she isn't. Sali has a baby she is holding. Sali is forty-nine seasons old.

Aunt Kaila(she isn't my aunt but I am suppose to call her that because she is Mama's favorite friend!) has a baby too! Aunt Kaila is also forty-nine seasons old.

I haven't done much since the last time I wrote. I am now twelve seasons old. Sali has done a pretty good job as leader, and the gong granted her wisdom in farming. Although she was already a master in farming, so it did not matter much.

Mama's last child, a baby girl named Kaana. She looks just like her aunt Nina, with her short blonde hair and two flowers, green and purple, in it. She has a plain brown dress on.

'Aunt' Kaila's child is a girl named Topa with blonde braids put up in two circles on the sides of her head, and she has a long white dress on.

Sali's new child's name is Atepa, and her hair is the same color and style as Topa's, but she wears a different dress. She wears a long tan dress with a slight rip near the left leg, from when she fell while running a few days ago.

Fourteen seasons old at the moment. Nothing much to say. I have taken up fishing/farming, as alot of my family before me. Tatoo is becoming a better docter, studying herbs constantly while others help heal people.

Mama is sad to see her first born daughter already turn fourteen seasons old, but, as she said, it was to happen at some point in her life.

Did I tell you? Great Aunt Nina has two sons who are about ten moons older than I, one is named Lupo, the other's name is Mahalo. She also has another son named Dodo, he is eleven seasons old, almost twelve.

"Kaana, what do you want to be when you grow up?" I asked my little sister last night, holding her in my lap.

"The leader of the tribe!" She replied with big eyes, looking up at me with hope.

I am fifteen seasons old now, and I didn't know how to respond to that.

"That is good." I said, setting her down and walking away.

I often go for walks at night now, just myself and the moon, to think. Which is what I am doing now, sort of.

When there is no moon to guide my way, like tonight, I light a stick with fire and sit near the coconut trees, or the lagoon, maybe even near the ocean. I often stare into the waves, thinking about the tales that my Grandmama told me about olden days long gone, and about her adventures on Pitasaku.

For people would call me crazy if I admitted this aloud, but I wish to go to such a place as wonderful as the island of Pitasaku, as my Grandmama did before me.

Of course, who would let me, a fifteen seasons old girl, go alone to such an island? No one would come with me, not even Papaya, for she is quite content here, I can tell.

Not Mama, she was there before, when she was little. She says that it is better to be in a place with lots of family.

Not any of my aunts or sisters, for my aunts seem to happy at home, and my sisters are too little.

But I bet Tatoo would go.

To comment on this story, click here.

Edited by LadyCFII (07/31/08 01:15 AM)