My name is Tirzah, better known as the Guiding Hand. And these are my stories.

First, let's get one straight: I am not all knowing or powerful. I do have a 'Hand' in the lives of those I am given charge over, but their fate really isn't in my Hand, but in the One who created them. My job is to assist, guide and at times protect my charges from that which could harm them. An that includes their own actions.

I am just one of many Guiding Hands. And there are so many stories! so many, the whole could not contain them.

I have had over 100 tribes in my care. But I pick five of my tribes to tell you about. Each special and precious in their own way, touching my heart and with their passings, become part of my soul.

This is the Story of Juno and his family...

============================================================
Juno's land was lost to the fire and lava of a volcano.

I managed to lead he and four others safely to the island that I am assigned to. My assignment; to help Juno and those who he is in charge of survive to this island and rebuild their lives. It will not be the same, but the small band of survivors can go on with their lives.

The choice is theirs. With my assistance.

Juno is 22 years old. Handsome, and, very smart. His baby brother is Ram, 4 years old. When the time is right, Juno will have the choice between Adia, 24 and Yoki 25. both very pretty. But Yoki seems more suited for Juno than Adia. Besides, Juno and Yoki seem to like each other.

Then there is Ian, 24. Also handsome, but Ian is the brains of the group. A researcher and has the ability I believe to heal if he puts his mind to his studies. He too is fond of Yoki. But I think Adia is better suited for Ian.

Right now, Juno and the girls are gathering berries while Ian works at the research table. Ian's work goes a long way in making their lives easier and will save their lives.

Adia doesn't like to work. I have to keep making her go to the berry bush.
The never of her to keep telling ME no!
=============================================================
Adia encountered a monkey stealing food. She had a choice, just watch him or chase him away. Wisdom would say; stay away from the monkey. But Wisdom isn't guiding this tribe.

The monkey turned and attacked Adia and she has been badly injured. This was enough for Ian to set up and make his feelings known about Adia. I was right; they make a lovely couple.

But Adia needs time to allow her body to heal. So I made sure Ian and Adia had a long enough honeymoon so that Adia can have a baby.

The rules say I can't tell you what the baby is until it is two years old. This way Adia and Ian will enjoy this precious time together.
Adia's having a baby was a good idea. The time of rest has indeed restored her health. And she would mind the monkeys!

There was an outbreak of measles. Illness is not something I can control. Only Ram became sick, but thanks to the quick action of Ian, Ram was back up dancing and playing, once again his happy little self.

I hope that Ian and Adia will have a girl. I am sure she will make a fine wife for Rammie.

Yes! I call Ram Rammie. It's my nickname for the wee one. I confuse; I have a soft spot for the little guy.
Well, I'm back. For awhile I wasn't sure if I would be forgiven, but I was. I was told that all Guiding Hands make mistakes; i.e. forget to check on their charges from time to time.

Well, I made a Starbucks run and forgot to check on my charges. Ok, ok, several Starbucks runs. Then there was the house to clean, bills to pay, meals to make....Hey! we Guiding Hands have lives too you know!

I said all of that to say that my first tribe has passed onto Paradise. I feel bad, really. That I failed them. But I know that they are happy. Where ever they are.

I have been told that I will receive a new tribe in a few days. I promise to take better care of them next time.
I wonder if Starbucks delivers?

Sadly, for Tirzah, Starbucks does not deliver. We all have our gifts Tirzah just wasn't a very good Watcher. Her last three tribes have all died and one has decided they can make it without her help.
So Tizrah has been transferred to the Answering Service and I, Ianna have taken her place.

Boy did this girl leave me a mess...
Now don't get me wrong, I like Tirzah, but some people just shouldn't have villagers.

So, with my cup of Mocha Venti, extra hot, heavy on whip cream, I begin...

I knew we were in trouble when Tirzah took off when the Volcanci blew up. Oh, she saw it coming, but, according to Tirzah she thought it would just "blow over."
No, it blew up....
Again, one of Tirazh's mess ups. It was wrong for Yoki to be th one to have the Golden Child at the lost of the other baby.
I wanted to step in then, but was told Tirzah would be given another chance.
So, she was told to 'arrange" a happy life for Yoki and Cani...
So, in keeping with Raven's wishes, Tirzah withdrew her Presence from the tribe.
I check on the children of Yoki and Cani from time to time. They are doing well.

And then there is Van.
Van and his family escaped the island and Tirzah was placed in their care. He was three years old.
But Tirzah had an yen for Starbucks and left. While a coffee break is fine from time to time, she walked away for what would be a short time for us, but year for the villagers.

When I heard the words OOps! We knew something was wrong. Only Van, now 28 years old survived.

That was when Tirzah was relieved of duty.

There is enough food to feed a small army, but Van is without skills. It was like pulling teeth to get him to do anything. But then his life has been nothing but eating and sleeping.

My first job was to get him to learn enough building skills so he could remove the logs from the well. This way he would ahve fresh water.
His next lesson, learning the herbs of the island.
Next, I had him finish the hut, thus learning to work with his hands. He took much proud in the hut when it was finished.

Now, at 36, he is working at the Research table, work he is enjoying. I find that Van learns quickly and loves to ride. He has everything; food, a home and three skills; scientist, builder and healer. He is fun and likeable.

He has everything.
But love.
I have asked the Creator to send Van someone to love.
So far, no answer.
Van is now 35 years old. He now has have enough spiritual awareness that he can now bury his father Kwaku and mother Yoki, 48 and the village leader, Kwaku, 51.

He still has enough food and the berry is full if needed. The water flesh and clean and he has plenty of housing.

All he needs in another being for companionship.
And love.
As of this writing, Tirzah has been stripped of all duties and is awaiting her fate.
Van has died @ the age of 51.
He became quite ill and there was no one to heal him. It is believed that if Tizrah had kept a better eye upon those given to her care, this would not have happen.
But I feel guilty as well, for there was nothing I could have done to save Van.
As a Watcher, my powers are limited.
How I wish I could make more decisions.
But the Creator knows best and in the end, Van is indeed no longer lonely.

After a few weeks, I have received a new assignment.
This one looks promising....
I decided to see how Raven's tribe was doing.
Very, well.
I am so pleased with how well things were going....It has been 13 years since the Gong has sounded. It seem one cannot just walk up and hit it. No. We have that the Gong lets us know when it wishes to ring.
Since the last ringing, babies have been born and people have died. We have had a flash flood and lost our crops, and as a result, many have died.
But one, the day of my 69th birthday, I noticed gold and silver sparkles coming from the Gong. I knew that it was time sound it.
Because of my age, I move slowly these days.
I ring the Gong, knowing that it would be the last time I would hear the massive bong.
The remaining tribe came running, and rejoicing. For the Gong granted us Health.

I, Raven, am now 70 years old.
We are a very happy tribe. Healthy and happy children. Even my granddaughter Nite is married and the mother of several.

Knowing the history of our land, of the Gong, we have chosen never to ring it again. I will not take the chance of something evil happening to the tribe The One Who Watches Over Us has placed in my care.
We shall, therefore go our way and May the One Who Watches Over Each of You Guide You well.
Raven.

At her death, Raven son Harte began leader of ther tribe.
Realizing that the tribe was too large for the land, it was decided that Harte's son Solomon and his family, along with several others, set off to explore other parts of the island.

To comment on this story, click here.

Edited by LadyCFII (08/29/08 08:09 PM)