Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 105 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#113721 - 12/17/07 09:25 AM Speedy Spiders
Whimsey Offline
Expert

Loc: New Hampshire, USA
I've noticed a _bug_, I think its a spider that flits between the pots on the bottom row. Its so fast, its gone by the time I see it--I'll never be able to catch it at that speed. My question is, does it slow down if you have the right plant? Or is there some other way to catch it? I'm sure someone has solved this, The Big Hand wouldn't put something there just to torment us. ;\)

#113722 - 12/17/07 09:26 AM Re: Speedy Spiders [Re: Whimsey]
Robert1220 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: At the SB.
maybe you are swinging your net or hand so fast that it scared it \:\)

moving your hand or net so fast will scare the _bug_ ;\)

Edited by Robert1220 (12/17/07 09:28 AM)

#113752 - 12/17/07 03:44 PM Re: Speedy Spiders [Re: Whimsey]
PlantPat Offline
Consigliere

Loc: France
I noticed the fast spider too - but with Ghost Pots Mod I saw that sometimes if I happened to be doing something near the pot -like drop a seed or water or clip when he appears, he makes an immediate mad dash for the next pot. So, you may get the impression that he always comes out running, which is not really the case at all - he maybe appeared behind the pot and usually they pause a second before they actually start to crawl out between the pots and if, during that slight pause, you do something near, he starts to dash. Without the ghost pots mod you won't see this 'appear, pause, start crawl" scenario. I noticed this also with bugs that crawl out, but also fly up when you scare them - I have had them suddenly fly up from behind a pot when I dropped a seed, simple because I happened to drop it just as they appeared but they had not yet started to crawl to the next pot and scaring them made them fly up immediately - esp the ladybug. All the bugs are "catchable". The Big Hand is not so mean!

#113786 - 12/17/07 11:43 PM Re: Speedy Spiders [Re: PlantPat]
susanb Offline
Adviser

Loc: florida, usa
yes sometimes that spider is very speedy but not always. the best net will help a lot. sometimes when i'm not doing anything and plants are growing or seeds producing, i will just swing my net by the flower pots even if i don't see any bugs. and i sometime catch a _bug_ that way.

#113837 - 12/18/07 08:13 AM Re: Speedy Spiders [Re: susanb]
Rainbowlady333 Offline
Expert

Loc: MA
And when you FINALLY have all your plants and flowers ... the most elusive comes slowly crawling out behind a plant!!! The last _bug_ I needed showed up JUST AFTER I finally planted and grown all the flowers and plants.

I had trouble catching a few because they ran as well ... thanks for the tip .... eventually caught them before they caught me trying to catch them ... and the golden net really helps you to sneak up to them if you can afford to buy it!!

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter