Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 101 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#107509 - 11/05/07 01:20 AM The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Bug Collector Update

the Bug Collector is looking for beta-testers to root out the bugs (groan \:\) ).

What Does It Do?
  • Has a list of all insects. If the insect requires a special flower or foliage to appear, that is shown in parenthesis after the name of the insect.
  • Knows which insects you have and which insects you need. In the list of insects, there is a checkmark next to those insects you already have in your jars on your insect collection page.
  • When a new insect appears on the screen, the utility lists it.
  • Depending on your alarm settings, if this is an insect you have never caught before, the alarm will go off. The alarm is both a visual box that blinks from red to green, and an audible alarm which can be muted.
  • Alarm can be set to notify you of just the bugs you need; rare and uncommon bugs that are worth $; or all bugs.
  • Utility lists all the bugs that have been seen since the program was started, and their percentages.
Instructions for Use:

In the constant gardener, if you have not done so already, Find Pots from the tools menu. Once the pots have been found, choose monitor bugs from the tools menu. This will open the Bug Collector utility.

In the bug collector, choose find bug offset from the Options menu. I may just have to rename that to Tools menu to be consistent with the bug collector.

Wait for any insect to appear in Plant Tycoon and then press Start.

For as long as an insect is still on the screen, keep clicking whichever of the 4 bottom buttons corresponds to that insect. For example, if a dragonfly appears, keep clicking the Dragonfly button until the dragonfly flies away. After about 3 or 4 insects, the offset should be found and the window will close. This process only needs to be done once when you get the program, and again if ever the bug collector is not reporting when bugs appear on your screen.

The alarm is sounding because an uncommon Pale Moth appeared and the alarm is set to sound for All Bugs.

You can change the alarm settings from All Bugs to Uncommon/Rare Bugs to Just Bugs I Need by clicking the button above that currently says Bugs I Need. You can mute the alarm by clicking the mute checkbox.

You can also change the alarm settings by right clicking the green(/red) alarm box.

If you have a big screen, you can resize the window to see more of the list boxes by clicking (and holding the mouse button down) on the lower right corner (where it says "resizable"), and dragging it up or down.

If anyone is interested in beta-testing, please leave a reply in this thread. \:\)

Cheers,
Borg

PS Everyone asks about the "What is Planted" field. That is for the user to type in what they have planted in case they wanted to take a screen shot of the bugs and the percentages. This was useful as a reminder when trying to figure out what foliage or flowers attracted certain insects.

#107510 - 11/05/07 01:33 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
tn_photo82 Offline

I would love to try it out.

#107511 - 11/05/07 01:37 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
I'm on too remember??

My Pets home

#107517 - 11/05/07 02:12 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Deathwing]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
That's great. I'll be happy to help beta-test the mac version when you get around to it.

#107549 - 11/05/07 08:25 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Jazzo]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Lancashire Great Britain
I would love to test it for you Borg - if you would allow me to.

#107615 - 11/05/07 04:32 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: biddy]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
I'll gladly beta test for WIndows ME 16bit system!!
\:\)
Marcey

#107622 - 11/05/07 04:46 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TXwenny Offline

If your still having people test this i would like to try it does it work with windows vista???

#107638 - 11/05/07 07:12 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TXwenny]
milou Offline
Adviser

I'd be willing to test too. I have the Vista OS. I don't have Plant Tycoon yet, tho' (but plan on buying)

Edited by milou (11/05/07 07:54 PM)

#107745 - 11/06/07 04:43 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: milou]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

LINK TO THE BETA TEST VERSION

Thank you to all the volunteers! With you help we will catch all the bugs! (*groan*)

It is working for LadyCFII which is a good sign. I wish success for everyone! If there are any problems, don't forget to leave "bug" reports! \:\)

Here is the link to download it for those who wish to test it: BETA TEST VERSION

Enjoy!
Borg

PS If you have trouble finding the offset, when you try again, be sure to click the spider button for spiders, the dragonfly button for dragonflies, etc. Just one mis-click, say a click on the beetle button when it is really a spider, will prevent the correct offset from being found. If in doubt as to if a bug is a spider or a beetle, don't click anything and just wait for the next bug to come along.

#107932 - 11/07/07 05:32 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
Ref: Borg
I was going to do the bugs Beta test said can't find my pots I bought the game from Big Fish
Thanks Lucas again lol sorry for this

Edited by lucas (11/07/07 05:32 AM)

Ava By AR

#107935 - 11/07/07 05:55 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

revised the routine to find the current _bug_ to look in more places. please download new version from same link,
http://www.box.net/shared/65o9t9lbl9
and see if it can find your current _bug_ \:\)

lucas - if it can't find your pots are you filling them with enough water (all 15) and also are you on windows xp with a 32 bit processor?

#107936 - 11/07/07 06:14 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
If a beta tester doesn't have to be too bright, I would like to help with the testing. If there are any bugs in the program you can bet your boots it'll come to light when I try it \:\(

Edited by TheGnome (11/07/07 06:16 AM)

#107943 - 11/07/07 09:31 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
Dog Lady Offline

I would be willing to do the testing.
Vickie \:8

#107944 - 11/07/07 09:48 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

The beta version of The Constant Gardener with The _bug_ Collector is up and running fine with Plant Tycoon. I'm running it under Windows XP Pro. The alarm is great, saves me staring at the screen all the time \:\)

I have tried all the options for the alarm and so far everything is AOK. When will we be able to download the final version?

With the Constant Gardener keeping up the soil and water and _bug_ Collector watching out for bugs we soon won't have much to do at all \:\)

PS: Why do I keep getting all the underscores when I type in _bug_ Collector using a capital B for _bug_ whilst typing this message?

Edited by TheGnome (11/07/07 09:50 AM)

#107975 - 11/07/07 02:08 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TheGnome]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Loc: NY, USA
Hello! \:\) I was so excited to see this offered, I had to try it right away. (Yes, I finally registered here so I could thank you!)

I'm running XP, 32 bit and only had one little problem due to user error lol...

The first time I ran the _bug_ collector, I only clicked the "dragonfly" button till it got to "1", and it gave me the "OK" message. When I ran it at this point, it wasn't picking up the other types of bugs.

I went in, and ran the "_bug_ offset" again, this time using different types of bugs. I got the ok, and all of a sudden the alarm started going off, and it seems to be tracking everything perfectly.

It's more than likely I just misunderstood your instructions on running the offset... I had only had one cup of coffee at the time.

Again, thanks for all the great tools, I love the VST too! OMG it's so awesome being able to check that after every new seed discovered to find the new breeding hints. Much love!! ;\) (I'm off to officially intro. myself since I know I'll haunt this board a lot hahah.)

Running on WinXP MCE, 32bit
Thanks for all you do here at LDW!!

#107987 - 11/07/07 03:24 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: WebWench
...and it seems to be tracking everything perfectly...It's more than likely I just misunderstood your instructions on running the offset...I love the VST too! OMG it's so awesome being able to check that after every new seed discovered to find the new breeding hints. Much love!! ;\)
You have brightened my day! \:\)

Many folks are having problems getting the bug collector to work so it is nice you were able to get it working \:\)

Thank you for the kind words!
Borg

#107988 - 11/07/07 03:33 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TheGnome]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: TheGnome
The beta version of The Constant Gardener with The _bug_ Collector is up and running fine with Plant Tycoon...The alarm is great, saves me staring at the screen all the time \:\)
Glad to hear it \:\) There are several folks that have not been able to get it working so this is good news \:\)

Why do I keep getting all the underscores when I type in _bug_ Collector using a capital B for _bug_ whilst typing this message?
The software that runs this forum was designed that way. There was a reason, I can't remember it. I would prefer if, instead of an underscore, it just added the tags to change the color of the "u" in -> _bug_ <- to black, which the forum does not recognize anymore as the word -> bug <- and does not choke on it \:\)

#107989 - 11/07/07 03:34 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Dog Lady]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Dog Lady
I would be willing to do the testing.
Vickie \:8
Woot! Another victim beta-tester! The link is above, please download it and give it a try! \:\)

Same file hosted here (one poor soul is having problems with box.net) attached at the bottom. Enjoy!

Attachments
2702-TheConstantGardener.zip (287 downloads)

#108000 - 11/07/07 04:03 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Woo-hoo! Poor soul now has file! Thanks Borg!!
Marcey

#108004 - 11/07/07 04:14 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Borg
You have brightened my day! \:\)

Many folks are having problems getting the bug collector to work so it is nice you were able to get it working \:\)

Thank you for the kind words!
Borg

I didn't yet have the Constant Gardner when I tried this, so had to set that up first. Perhaps those with the old version of CG are forgetting to re-do that part? Maybe they just need to run the offset again, like I did? (just brainstorming, sorry LOL)

Thanks again for the great tools, I can't even imagine playing without them at this point! \:\)

#108006 - 11/07/07 04:17 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Actually, the forum software is making that change to that 3-letter word for insect, because we have specifically instructed it to do that (via the censor). Since we use the forums for beta tests, we frequently need to search for the word '_bug_' in the beta forum, and the new forum software that was installed at the end of last year is not set up to allow 3-character searches like the old software was. So, every time someone uses that particular word, it changes to _bug_ so that we can search on it. Maybe we should add this answer to the FAQ, since it gets asked about so often?

#108009 - 11/07/07 04:24 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: LadyCFII]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
that's a great idea!! \:D

Edited by LadyCFII (02/13/08 12:10 AM)

My Pets home

#108011 - 11/07/07 04:27 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: LadyCFII]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

thought:
can the censor be told to change the word bbug to bug and that way if someone wants to write about the "insect kind" of bug they can use bbug and it will be converted to bug? and if someone is filing a bug report they still use the word bug which gets converted to _bug_ ?

#108015 - 11/07/07 04:46 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Unfortunately, that won't work. The censor is not very smart and censors itself. \:\(

#108017 - 11/07/07 05:02 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: LadyCFII]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Okay, got a question Borg. Define "start clicking until it flies away" Does that mean click once before it's gone, or click repeatedly until it leaves the screen? I can tell I don't have it set right yet because a _bug_ just flew in and wasn't ackowledged. And just before that a butterfly flew in and came on the collector as a different butterfly.
I'm sure the problem lies in my setting the Offsets, so I wondered if by clicking repeatedly if I was doing something that messed it up.
Marcey

#108018 - 11/07/07 05:13 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: AtarahPern]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

you are doing it right. the program doesn't seem to work right for everyone. not yet anyway \:\)

#108020 - 11/07/07 05:19 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Oh, okay, I'll keep trying. BTW, I didn't say, but that's on my work PC-Windows XP 32bit. You already know that worked for someone else with that system. So it's definately me.<BG>
Marcey

#108027 - 11/07/07 06:01 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
lucas Offline
Guru

Ref: Borg:
Yes I am 32 bit ans windows xp prof. my pot have no soil or water i did down load lates one i like the idea of not having to put soil and water. thanks just wont find my pots

revised the routine to find the current _bug_ to look in more places. please download new version from same link,
http://www.box.net/shared/65o9t9lbl9
and see if it can find your current _bug_

lucas - if it can't find your pots are you filling them with enough water (all 15) and also are you on windows xp with a 32 bit processor

Ava By AR

#108028 - 11/07/07 06:09 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Lucas, first you click on Tool, Then Find Pots Offset.
Follow the directions on the screen that comes up, especially making sure that the water is ABOVE the A in WATER. That should do it.
Marcey

#108064 - 11/07/07 09:01 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
xoxosweets Offline

i have been trying this out but can not get the alarm to sound when _bug_ appears and i have it set to all bugs

#108094 - 11/08/07 12:07 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: AtarahPern]
lucas Offline
Guru

I did do that but it still can not find my pots Husband is going to buy another Window will it work with Vista Basic edition
Lucas

Ava By AR

#108170 - 11/08/07 02:04 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Good Morning, Borg \:\)

Just an update on the progress of the _bug_ collector...

When I started the program this morning, it had the incorrect number of bugs found. Yesterday I had 43 of 48, and it says I have 28/48 today. I checked my "collection" screen, and I have all the same bugs I had yesterday, so I'm not sure what happened.

I went in and reset it, did the offset again, and now it's reading the same (28/48), but it's not recognizing any of the bugs that appear on my PT screen. The alarm isn't going off at all in any setting either. \:\(

Hope this helps, I miss my lil alarm! LOL

ETA: Fixed it! After selling some plants, I noticed that the CG wasn't adding soit, etc... So, I went in and found the offset for CG again, then went and reset BC, found the offset again... now it's all working correctly! I again have 43/48, and it's recognizing all the bugs that come onto my PT screen. Yay!!

The only thing I can think of that I did differently was (trying to help you techie-wise)... When I turned off the game yesterday, it was on a different, 2nd game I've got going. When I turned on the game today, it opened with that second game, but before I turned on the CG, I did switch to my main game. Hope that helps!

P.S. Yep, the alarm still goes off when I can't see any bugs on the screen, but I'll take that over it not working at all any day! \:\)

Edited by WebWench (11/08/07 02:43 PM)

#108190 - 11/08/07 06:57 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

surprisingly, the offset for the _bug_ collection is dependent on the offset for the pots. in memory they are close to each other.

also surprisingly, the offset for the current _bug_ flying around is in a whole different spot in memory. this is the one most folks have trouble with.

this is the first i've heard of the pot offset changing and having to be redone. i thought it would only need to be redone if someone bought another vendor's version of PT.

thanks for the report \:\)

Borg

#108193 - 11/08/07 07:18 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

You're welcome! \:\) I only noticed one other thing today... after I closed PT down so I could visit my VST, I reopened PT and had to reset both offsets again.

I always forget to turn off CG before I exit PT, could that have something to do with it? LOL If nothing else, I'm giving the CG/BC a good test run for ya! hehehe

#108198 - 11/08/07 07:27 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
lp7p Offline
Expert

Loc: SE USA
Borg I'm finding different offsets each time also. None have been the same. Each time I run the programm they are different.

#108202 - 11/08/07 08:03 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lp7p]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

If I understand the way the BC is supposed to work... and Borg, please correct me if I'm wrong here...

You shouldn't need to find the offset for either the Constant Gardner, nor the BC each time you open it. Ideally, you should only have to do that once.

When you open CG each time, and then the BC, they should remember the offsets used last. Is this correct, Borg?

Now that I think about things... what happens to CG and/or BC if you change games in PT while they're open? I have two games going, and they are both at very different stages of progress. This may have been part of my problem yesterday, although I haven't switched players today.

:side: Borg, you have my respect. I don't know how you do all this! LOL The possibilities and trouble shooting... it boggles the mind! KUDOS!

#108207 - 11/08/07 08:36 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

I deleted the old one and downloaded the new one but this is what it says when i go to run it error 0*c0000135
don't know what that is and yes i am running 32 bit so if u can help once again that would be wonderful

Thanks for all ur help and every one else

Ava By AR

#108210 - 11/08/07 08:46 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

ok, i'll work on fixing the offset problem and will have a new version to try soon.

to quote the mythbusters, for now let's call this one busted \:\)

-Borg

#108214 - 11/08/07 09:07 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

REF: BORG

okay but what did that mean i tryed the wizard compatibility test didnt help sorry for all this THANKS ALOT BORG

Ava By AR

#108220 - 11/08/07 09:24 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

i've not heard of error 0*c0000135. what is a wizard compatibility test? sounds like a dating service at Hogwarts. \:\)

#108231 - 11/08/07 11:02 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Originally Posted By: Borg
what is a wizard compatibility test? sounds like a dating service at Hogwarts. \:\)

ROFL!! cute lol

#108259 - 11/09/07 07:45 AM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

I had a lot of problems with the _bug_ collector at first.
It was not sounding alarm or telling me when a _bug_ arrived.
After resetting it and finding offset -many many times- it is now working very well.
It had always told me which bugs I had - and in all 3 game slots,
but it had never told me which were appearing. I just opened it up again and got an error message (and it was sounding the alarm continusouly even as the game was opening) I shut it down and then reopened it and voila! it worked.

#108286 - 11/09/07 12:12 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: biddy]
biddy Offline
Consigliere

The only thing I did differently was to try typing the names into the plants planted box!
Would that have made the difference?

#108298 - 11/09/07 04:08 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: biddy]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

I'm struggling on my Win ME. I got the pots found this time Borg. yeah! So that past was a success, but afterward when I turned in ON, it 'couldn't find the process'. Now I've seen that on my XP at work when I forget to shut the CG off first; but PT was running, so I don't know what it's deal was. 'Course having both open at once caused some slowdown on the PC so maybe it's just that my PC's biting the dust.
If anyone else out there is using Windows ME, I'd love to hear if it's working for you!
So then I turned on the BC and ran the offsets, again slowed everything down. But it did find a number, and I ran it and it seemed to be working fine, until the alarm came flashing on and wouldn't stop. Until I went to the nursery, and it sent up an error message about the index being too high, and the BC quit. So I though that meant my offset was wrong and tried to do it again, but now it's not really registering anything.
I'm wondering if running the offset more than once messes it up?
Don't get down about it Borg. It's a great concept and we'll figure it all out eventually. Like I told DW yesterday, that's what beta's all about, right?
Marcey

#108306 - 11/09/07 05:54 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

you run a test to see if it is compatibale with ur hardware u go to help & support and do what the wizard says to do well i am running windows xp home i thought i was running windows xp prof. so i am just out of luck aint i thanks

the error comes on when i go to extract all of the files

LUCAS

Ava By AR

#108350 - 11/09/07 11:46 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
lucas Offline
Guru

I got it to work so thanks okay

Ava By AR

#108506 - 11/10/07 10:55 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
mistymage Offline

I've been using the _bug_ collector for 3 days now and I love it.

I think a lot of the "false positive" beeps are due to the flying bugs that don't come "down" far enough on the screen. Sometimes the dragonflies/butterflies also show up on the part of the screen where the tools are so that just grabbing the net scares them away.

Thanks for making such great mods! The constant gardener has made what was a chore to be no more \:8

~misty
~misty

#108518 - 11/11/07 12:49 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: mistymage]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

thank you mistymage \:\) i am happy you like it and happy it is working for you \:\)

#108519 - 11/11/07 01:42 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
SCushway131 Offline

Ref: Borg
Can't find my pots. I bought my game from IWIN. Here is the message I get.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(CompressedStack cs, PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Assembly asm, SecurityAction action)
at The_Constant_Gardener.FrmFindOffset.buttonFind_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
The action that failed was:
LinkDemand
The type of the first permission that failed was:
System.Security.PermissionSet
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Internet

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
The Constant Gardener
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/sandi/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/WTEFCPA3/The%20Constant%20GardenerBeta%5B1%5D.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

#108528 - 11/11/07 05:43 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: SCushway131]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

dear sandi,

thank you for the bug report!

wow, that's an impressive list of problems that i've not seen before, and i've seen a lot \:\)

since it seems to be mentioning security, if i had to guess, i might guess that you perhaps you are not running MS Windows with admin priv ? i think you may need admin priv for windows to allow the program to read/write to/from another program's active memory (in this case, plant tycoon).

just a guess \:\)

the other thought that came to mind when i saw:
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents and Settings/sandi/Local Settings/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/WTEFCPA3/The Constant GardenerBeta.exe

is that you are running the program from within a zip folder in a temporary file directory.

perhaps extract the program to the desktop and try running it from there?

good luck and thanks again for the bug report!
-Borg

#108530 - 11/11/07 06:02 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
xoxosweets Offline

what am i doing wrong
i have found pots
i have found bugs down to 1
and the alarm still wont sound if and when a _bug_
comes on the screen
i have it set to all bugs

#110088 - 11/18/07 12:33 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: xoxosweets]
mary4jokes Offline
Trainee

Loc: Minnesota USA
many many many numerous thanks to borg for developing this wonderful utility, i was able to get one of the two bugs i still need just by planting the flower it said i needed now i only need to plant orchids til i get the last one! thanks again, you have saved me hours and hours of trying unlimited possibilites and since it snowed today my arthritis is particularly active just like when it rains :(, thanks again you are a great helper and wonderful person

#110114 - 11/18/07 03:22 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: mary4jokes]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

i have arthritis too. it takes about 30 minutes from the time I wake up till I can bend my fingers.

#110739 - 11/21/07 08:39 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
PlantPat Offline
Consigliere

Loc: France
Is the beta testing for BC done yet?? Can we download a de-bugged version to use?? No pum intended. \:\)

#111033 - 11/23/07 07:19 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
Robert1220 Offline
Forum Games Enthusiast

Loc: At the SB.
i tried it for Windows Vista and......NO ERRORS(its perfect)

#112140 - 11/30/07 02:03 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
kholtz Offline

I like this add-on, but I can't get the _bug_ offset to work. I keep clicking down to 2 and the next click always goes to some humungous number that's about 8 digits long. Then, it tells me when _bugs_ are coming, but I have the ones it says I don't have. I got PT from ShockWave.
Kathy

#112151 - 11/30/07 03:50 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: kholtz]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Redo the finding-the-pots offset thingie (where you make sure the pots have soil and water then let TCG find the pots).

The offset to find what bugs you already have is based on the pots offset. (the crazy 8 digit long number is the offset to the _bug_ that is flying on your screen.)

#112253 - 12/01/07 02:52 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
kholtz Offline

But I've done the pots thingie a bunch of times. Usually an equally long 8 digit number. I have the pots full of water (I've done it with water above the "A" usually.)
Kathy

#112379 - 12/02/07 01:57 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: kholtz]
pictishgirl Offline
Trainee

I downloaded the beta version today.

Am I supposed to delete the old CG? If so, how? I looked at my program list and it doesn't show up. I use Mozilla, so I downloaded and then put it on my desktop. Normally, removing something from the desktop doesn't really delete it.

When I tried to 'find pots', it said they were found - but when I continued to try to run the _bug_ collector part it said I needed to find the pots. Several attempts to 'find the pots' have failed. I've filled the pots with soil and water and opened and closed PT just to see if that helped.

I got the PT from Big Fish and it works fine. (My display issues with VST are another story, but it is something to do with my screen resolution.)

pictishgirl

#112397 - 12/02/07 04:16 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: pictishgirl]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

that is another head scratcher, pictishgirl. \:\(

at the moment i am resting my hands, but maybe when the weather gets warmer i may try to fix it.

in any event, i don't think it is anything you are doing wrong.

#112464 - 12/02/07 09:55 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
pictishgirl Offline
Trainee

I shut everything down, started up PT again and the beta CG, and it found the pots and worked fine!

puzzling, but no longer a problem.

#112480 - 12/03/07 03:11 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Borg, The _bug_ Collector doesn't seem to be working on my new laptop computer. Running Windows XP Pro but some new Windows Updates seem to have effected the .NET 2.0 files. Could this be the reason? I have tried and tried again - finding the _bug_ Offsets works and everything else seems to be okay with The Constant Gardener, but no way can I get that alarm to sound!! \:\(

#112499 - 12/03/07 09:38 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
UnlawfulAccess Offline

it wont let me use it
i get this message

ee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.Security.SecurityException: Request failed.
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Assembly asm, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.ThrowSecurityException(Object assemblyOrString, PermissionSet granted, PermissionSet refused, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, SecurityAction action, Object demand, IPermission permThatFailed)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Object assemblyOrString, SecurityAction action, Boolean throwException)
at System.Security.CodeAccessSecurityEngine.CheckSetHelper(CompressedStack cs, PermissionSet grants, PermissionSet refused, PermissionSet demands, RuntimeMethodHandle rmh, Assembly asm, SecurityAction action)
at The_Constant_Gardener.FrmFindOffset.buttonFind_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
The action that failed was:
LinkDemand
The type of the first permission that failed was:
System.Security.PermissionSet
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
Internet

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.832 (QFE.050727-8300)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
The Constant Gardener
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Robyn%20Gurney/Local%20Settings/Temporary%20Internet%20Files/Content.IE5/M1KIT726/The_Constant_GardenerBeta%5B1%5D.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

#112504 - 12/03/07 11:25 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: UnlawfulAccess]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Does your account on your computer, "Robyn Gurney" , have administrator priveledges?

I believe you need administrator priveledges for this to run.

If not, ask the administrator to give you priveledges (you can have more than one administrator on the computer) and see if it runs.

-Borg

PS Why does Bengay have to smell so horrible? \:\(

#112506 - 12/03/07 11:28 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TheGnome]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Borg, The _bug_ Collector doesn't seem to be working on my new laptop computer. Running Windows XP Pro but some new Windows Updates seem to have effected the .NET 2.0 files. Could this be the reason? I have tried and tried again - finding the _bug_ Offsets works and everything else seems to be okay with The Constant Gardener, but no way can I get that alarm to sound!! \:\(
That is another head scratcher, Gnome. It is easy to get the program to work on my computer, it is hard to get this silly program to work on other systems without seeing them in person.

can you bring your computer over to my house? \:\)

#112518 - 12/03/07 11:53 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
UnlawfulAccess Offline

I am Robyn Gurney, and i'm the administrator ( seeing im at home and im single LOL) but the normal version of the constant gardner works why not this one?

#112540 - 12/03/07 04:07 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Stiletto Gardner Offline

Loc: Virginia Beach, VA
Hey Me too..love the constant gardner, works well with windows 2000

#112576 - 12/03/07 08:32 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: UnlawfulAccess]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: UnlawfulAccess
I am Robyn Gurney, and i'm the administrator ( seeing im at home and im single LOL) but the normal version of the constant gardner works why not this one?
Were you running them at the same time? If so, try running them separately?

#112578 - 12/03/07 09:18 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
UnlawfulAccess Offline

no i turned the original one off and closed it...

#112620 - 12/04/07 08:50 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

re: "can you bring your computer over to my house?"

Borg, oh sure!! I can't even get to the letter box \:\)

Thanks for your reply though Borg. Just have to stick to the old desktop puter for that darn alarm!! Works okay on that one \:\) But I'll keep trying on this one cos I hate things to beat me \:\)

#113013 - 12/08/07 02:56 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TheGnome]
loki is sorry!!! Offline
Expert

Loc: Some-where, Over the Water-fal...
when's it coming out?

#113168 - 12/10/07 02:04 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: loki is sorry!!!]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loki, there's a demo download earlier in this thread if you're interested.

I'm getting a pc with Vista soon at work. Has anyone tried it yet on Vista?
Marcey

#113187 - 12/10/07 08:39 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: AtarahPern]
loki is sorry!!! Offline
Expert

ok, i'll try.

#119357 - 02/12/08 06:27 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: loki is sorry!!!]
Crazy VV3 Fan Offline
Expert

Loc: at the computer, reading posts
Strange... It says I can get the rare black dragonfly with Venomous. I got it when I had fanleaves, ridgeballs, and tahitans out. \:\? I'm not sure what the other ones were, but I had NO venomous flowers out. I tried planting my venomous grass seeds, and when the flowers appeared, no Black Dragonflies appeared. I have been making Venomous grass for a VERY long time, and nothing new.

Edited by LadyCFII (02/12/08 01:50 PM)
> New Game In Progress! < \:o

#119358 - 02/12/08 06:29 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: loki is sorry!!!]
Crazy VV3 Fan Offline
Expert

Loc: at the computer, reading posts
Originally Posted By: loki is sorry!!!
when's it coming out?

Yeah, when will the REAL version come out, not the beta version?
> New Game In Progress! < \:o

#119436 - 02/13/08 12:08 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Crazy VV3 Fan]
Britney Offline
Master

Loc: Tumblr
This sounds great, ill get pt and try it

#119438 - 02/13/08 12:24 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Britney]
loki is sorry!!! Offline
Expert

it's up and running!!!!!!!!!!1

#122853 - 03/08/08 09:18 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Poyo! Offline
Adviser

Loc: In a tiny shampoo bottle
I love you borg

I'm calling out from Scatland I'm calling out from Scatman's world.
If you wanna break free you better listen to me.
You got to learn how to see in your fantasy.
I would have more lyrics but 300chars aint enuff

Wat?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter