Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 119 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#108094 - 11/08/07 12:07 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: AtarahPern]
lucas Offline
Guru

Loc: AZ
I did do that but it still can not find my pots Husband is going to buy another Window will it work with Vista Basic edition
Lucas

Ava By AR

#108170 - 11/08/07 02:04 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Loc: NY, USA
Good Morning, Borg \:\)

Just an update on the progress of the _bug_ collector...

When I started the program this morning, it had the incorrect number of bugs found. Yesterday I had 43 of 48, and it says I have 28/48 today. I checked my "collection" screen, and I have all the same bugs I had yesterday, so I'm not sure what happened.

I went in and reset it, did the offset again, and now it's reading the same (28/48), but it's not recognizing any of the bugs that appear on my PT screen. The alarm isn't going off at all in any setting either. \:\(

Hope this helps, I miss my lil alarm! LOL

ETA: Fixed it! After selling some plants, I noticed that the CG wasn't adding soit, etc... So, I went in and found the offset for CG again, then went and reset BC, found the offset again... now it's all working correctly! I again have 43/48, and it's recognizing all the bugs that come onto my PT screen. Yay!!

The only thing I can think of that I did differently was (trying to help you techie-wise)... When I turned off the game yesterday, it was on a different, 2nd game I've got going. When I turned on the game today, it opened with that second game, but before I turned on the CG, I did switch to my main game. Hope that helps!

P.S. Yep, the alarm still goes off when I can't see any bugs on the screen, but I'll take that over it not working at all any day! \:\)

Edited by WebWench (11/08/07 02:43 PM)

Running on WinXP MCE, 32bit
Thanks for all you do here at LDW!!

#108190 - 11/08/07 06:57 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
surprisingly, the offset for the _bug_ collection is dependent on the offset for the pots. in memory they are close to each other.

also surprisingly, the offset for the current _bug_ flying around is in a whole different spot in memory. this is the one most folks have trouble with.

this is the first i've heard of the pot offset changing and having to be redone. i thought it would only need to be redone if someone bought another vendor's version of PT.

thanks for the report \:\)

Borg

#108193 - 11/08/07 07:18 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

You're welcome! \:\) I only noticed one other thing today... after I closed PT down so I could visit my VST, I reopened PT and had to reset both offsets again.

I always forget to turn off CG before I exit PT, could that have something to do with it? LOL If nothing else, I'm giving the CG/BC a good test run for ya! hehehe

#108198 - 11/08/07 07:27 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
lp7p Offline
Expert

Loc: SE USA
Borg I'm finding different offsets each time also. None have been the same. Each time I run the programm they are different.

#108202 - 11/08/07 08:03 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lp7p]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

If I understand the way the BC is supposed to work... and Borg, please correct me if I'm wrong here...

You shouldn't need to find the offset for either the Constant Gardner, nor the BC each time you open it. Ideally, you should only have to do that once.

When you open CG each time, and then the BC, they should remember the offsets used last. Is this correct, Borg?

Now that I think about things... what happens to CG and/or BC if you change games in PT while they're open? I have two games going, and they are both at very different stages of progress. This may have been part of my problem yesterday, although I haven't switched players today.

:side: Borg, you have my respect. I don't know how you do all this! LOL The possibilities and trouble shooting... it boggles the mind! KUDOS!

#108207 - 11/08/07 08:36 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

I deleted the old one and downloaded the new one but this is what it says when i go to run it error 0*c0000135
don't know what that is and yes i am running 32 bit so if u can help once again that would be wonderful

Thanks for all ur help and every one else

Ava By AR

#108210 - 11/08/07 08:46 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

ok, i'll work on fixing the offset problem and will have a new version to try soon.

to quote the mythbusters, for now let's call this one busted \:\)

-Borg

#108214 - 11/08/07 09:07 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
lucas Offline
Guru

REF: BORG

okay but what did that mean i tryed the wizard compatibility test didnt help sorry for all this THANKS ALOT BORG

Ava By AR

#108220 - 11/08/07 09:24 PM Re: Borg The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

i've not heard of error 0*c0000135. what is a wizard compatibility test? sounds like a dating service at Hogwarts. \:\)

Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter