Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#107935 - 11/07/07 05:55 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: lucas]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
revised the routine to find the current _bug_ to look in more places. please download new version from same link,
http://www.box.net/shared/65o9t9lbl9
and see if it can find your current _bug_ \:\)

lucas - if it can't find your pots are you filling them with enough water (all 15) and also are you on windows xp with a 32 bit processor?

#107936 - 11/07/07 06:14 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
If a beta tester doesn't have to be too bright, I would like to help with the testing. If there are any bugs in the program you can bet your boots it'll come to light when I try it \:\(

Edited by TheGnome (11/07/07 06:16 AM)

#107943 - 11/07/07 09:31 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
Dog Lady Offline

I would be willing to do the testing.
Vickie \:8

#107944 - 11/07/07 09:48 AM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
The beta version of The Constant Gardener with The _bug_ Collector is up and running fine with Plant Tycoon. I'm running it under Windows XP Pro. The alarm is great, saves me staring at the screen all the time \:\)

I have tried all the options for the alarm and so far everything is AOK. When will we be able to download the final version?

With the Constant Gardener keeping up the soil and water and _bug_ Collector watching out for bugs we soon won't have much to do at all \:\)

PS: Why do I keep getting all the underscores when I type in _bug_ Collector using a capital B for _bug_ whilst typing this message?

Edited by TheGnome (11/07/07 09:50 AM)

#107975 - 11/07/07 02:08 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TheGnome]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Loc: NY, USA
Hello! \:\) I was so excited to see this offered, I had to try it right away. (Yes, I finally registered here so I could thank you!)

I'm running XP, 32 bit and only had one little problem due to user error lol...

The first time I ran the _bug_ collector, I only clicked the "dragonfly" button till it got to "1", and it gave me the "OK" message. When I ran it at this point, it wasn't picking up the other types of bugs.

I went in, and ran the "_bug_ offset" again, this time using different types of bugs. I got the ok, and all of a sudden the alarm started going off, and it seems to be tracking everything perfectly.

It's more than likely I just misunderstood your instructions on running the offset... I had only had one cup of coffee at the time.

Again, thanks for all the great tools, I love the VST too! OMG it's so awesome being able to check that after every new seed discovered to find the new breeding hints. Much love!! ;\) (I'm off to officially intro. myself since I know I'll haunt this board a lot hahah.)

Running on WinXP MCE, 32bit
Thanks for all you do here at LDW!!

#107987 - 11/07/07 03:24 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: WebWench]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: WebWench
...and it seems to be tracking everything perfectly...It's more than likely I just misunderstood your instructions on running the offset...I love the VST too! OMG it's so awesome being able to check that after every new seed discovered to find the new breeding hints. Much love!! ;\)
You have brightened my day! \:\)

Many folks are having problems getting the bug collector to work so it is nice you were able to get it working \:\)

Thank you for the kind words!
Borg

#107988 - 11/07/07 03:33 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: TheGnome]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: TheGnome
The beta version of The Constant Gardener with The _bug_ Collector is up and running fine with Plant Tycoon...The alarm is great, saves me staring at the screen all the time \:\)
Glad to hear it \:\) There are several folks that have not been able to get it working so this is good news \:\)

Originally Posted By: TheGnome
Why do I keep getting all the underscores when I type in _bug_ Collector using a capital B for _bug_ whilst typing this message?
The software that runs this forum was designed that way. There was a reason, I can't remember it. I would prefer if, instead of an underscore, it just added the tags to change the color of the "u" in -> _bug_ <- to black, which the forum does not recognize anymore as the word -> bug <- and does not choke on it \:\)

#107989 - 11/07/07 03:34 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Dog Lady]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Dog Lady
I would be willing to do the testing.
Vickie \:8
Woot! Another victim beta-tester! The link is above, please download it and give it a try! \:\)

Same file hosted here (one poor soul is having problems with box.net) attached at the bottom. Enjoy!

Attachments
2702-TheConstantGardener.zip (287 downloads)

#108000 - 11/07/07 04:03 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
AtarahPern Offline
Consigliere

Loc: PA
Woo-hoo! Poor soul now has file! Thanks Borg!!
\:\)
Marcey

#108004 - 11/07/07 04:14 PM Re: The _bug_ Collector [SPOILER] [Re: Borg]
WebWench Offline
Trainee

Loc: NY, USA
Originally Posted By: Borg
You have brightened my day! \:\)

Many folks are having problems getting the bug collector to work so it is nice you were able to get it working \:\)

Thank you for the kind words!
Borg

I didn't yet have the Constant Gardner when I tried this, so had to set that up first. Perhaps those with the old version of CG are forgetting to re-do that part? Maybe they just need to run the offset again, like I did? (just brainstorming, sorry LOL)

Thanks again for the great tools, I can't even imagine playing without them at this point! \:\)

Running on WinXP MCE, 32bit
Thanks for all you do here at LDW!!

Page 2 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter