Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (lorsieab2), 110 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#10440 - 05/27/05 07:53 PM Re: Newbie questions
Gemelle Offline
Consigliere

Loc: California
My speed = normal, difficulty = easy. I also placed my speed on fast when I was actively playing with it. However when I did that, I ran into berry bush starvation problem. But I never did get the attack of the birds in easy mode. I did get one attack of the parrots at 140 hours or so. But by then it didn't matter what I had on the berry bush or my farm.

#10441 - 05/27/05 10:17 PM Re: Newbie questions
treefern Offline
Guru

Loc: Adelaide, Australia
simplerich, it sounds like you are using one of the proven strategies. Given everyone plays the game differently, but using the berries sparingly till the farm starts, and waiting for the farm again to breed are useful things to try.

The game can be slow and nerve-wracking until things start building up, so just keep working at it

Savi

#10442 - 05/29/05 12:24 AM Re: Newbie questions
fluffycubes Offline

Having a Tungsten E is not your problem. It is the best machine I have owned up until now. I am running mine on a memory card. Don't shut the palm off from the game go to your home page first. That should stop the locking up problem you are having. I have finished the game except for one puzzle with my tungsten running on a memory card. Wait for a while to start breeding. It makes a big difference.

#10443 - 05/29/05 02:16 PM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Loc: Des Moines, IA, USA
Hoody Hoo!!!

The curse has been lifted!
A monkey made some mojo on my tech-table and I got some points and while the villagers were all agog over being shown up by Shakespeare's monkey a whale washed up on shore and one of my enterprising farmers thought it might be a good idea to harvest it (With some prompting from me... I needed the food far more than a whale that owes me a favor due to one of my enterprising 18 year olds deciding that since I hadn't told him what to do when he was younger he'd be a breeder while I slept! Ain't that the truth! ROFL - kids... can't keep your eyes off 'em for two minutes!)

So, the good fortune appears to be turning up just about the time my original villagers appear to be ready to shuffle off this mortal coil.

#10444 - 05/29/05 04:54 PM Re: Newbie questions
aRia Offline
Trainee

Oh thats great, glad to hear that you got many good events. I've had a few really bad ones when I played my games and not so many good ones at all.

My people went brain dead for a while because I didnt want to lose 135000 tech points, food got washed away, bobo turned into a baby... ^^;; Yeah glad someone's seeing the brite side of the rainbow. *lol*

#10445 - 05/29/05 10:00 PM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Loc: Des Moines, IA, USA
Quote:

My people went brain dead for a while because I didnt want to lose 135000 tech points

You've got me scared now lol. I never even HAD that many points and wouldn't want to lose 'em either! Maybe I'll miss that event. *fingers crossed*

#10446 - 05/30/05 12:36 PM Re: Newbie questions
sktmm Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
I'm a real newbie, I've got 48 hours played. Today a couple of my "elderly" women villagers died after they had babies. Two questions 1)did I hasten their death by encouraging them to breed? 2)their decomposing corpses are just sitting in the village center, is this going to cause a health problem for the village? Is there a way to move them to the "sacred area for the dead"?

#10447 - 05/30/05 12:40 PM Re: Newbie questions
tigger4will Offline
Master

Loc: Texas
We haven't found that breeding causes pre-mature death. It's actually less strenuous for them than fishing!
As for the dead villagers, they will decompose on thier own without health issues until you reach a certain level of technical awareness!!

#10448 - 05/30/05 12:42 PM Re: Newbie questions
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Your elderly women would have died anyway. It doesn't appear to stress them very much to have babies (unlike real life)!

The corpses are more of a problem for you than they are for your villagers. It DOES look bad to see them sitting there in village center. Your villagers can give them a proper burial if they know how!

#10449 - 05/30/05 12:45 PM Re: Newbie questions
sktmm Offline

Loc: Houston, TX
Here's an appearance question. I've noticed the young adults in my village are more colorful than the older members. Do they get duller as they mature, or just differences in individual appearance?

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter