Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 191 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#10430 - 05/24/05 03:06 AM Re: Newbie questions
Gemelle Offline
Consigliere

Loc: California
I have difficult = low, speed = normal

I had trouble with the health of my villagers when I had the speed on fast. (that was my 3rd attempt. but it was an attempt on the unregistered version.)

#10431 - 05/24/05 05:28 AM Re: Newbie questions
aRia Offline
Trainee

Ah, I have health problems now and then but I think its just the food issue. Some of my villagers are lazy so and so's who wont work when I turn my head. They all have the ablity to fish and farm but dont want to. I've caught a few just sitting down complaining about not knowing what to do. XD

I just made one guy a breeder just for a few minutes while I watched tv. When I came back he had 6 ladies pregnant and there's one new baby running around. XD Boy was I quick to un-breeder his behind. XD Good thing incest has nothing to do with health.. *lol*

#10432 - 05/26/05 06:21 PM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Loc: Des Moines, IA, USA
ARGH! The curse continues. :/
Last night I had two new babies, a new hut, and found a crate of food. Huzzah!
This morning I had "New Game" and had to register again. I didn't do anything but put the confounded thing on my desk by the bed and didn't even have a computer with me that I could connect it to if I'd wanted to.
So, I started over... again... and poisoned my best farmer with a yellow potion that, upon drinking it, turned her very ill. And I've no idea when I'll get around to making a doctor.

Speed=Normal, Difficulty=Medium

I think I should either trade for the smoking treo or uninstall the game to give the poor islanders a break from my torturing them with this cursed machine! lol

#10433 - 05/26/05 11:41 PM Re: Newbie questions
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Forcing you to start a new game is not normal behavior for Village Sim. Just out of curiosity, how much free memory do you have on your Tungsten E? I'm wondering if that might be part of the problem. Having enough memory won't prevent poisoning your villagers, but it helps the game run better.

#10434 - 05/27/05 02:32 AM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Free Memory is 18.2Meg, or 63%. I've got a memory card but am not trying to run this off of there. I tried that once a few days ago and it kept crashing so I decided running it off the card wasn't recommended after all hehehe.

#10435 - 05/27/05 02:32 PM Re: Newbie questions
Anonymous
Unregistered

I always seem to be on the path of starvation. what can I do about the bush going dry before getting my second harvest?

#10436 - 05/27/05 02:36 PM Re: Newbie questions
Gemelle Offline
Consigliere

Quote:

I always seem to be on the path of starvation. what can I do about the bush going dry before getting my second harvest?

I make sure the bush never goes dry. I plan my population carefully to make sure there's enough food for everyone.

#10437 - 05/27/05 03:01 PM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

My berry bush runs dry about the time I get the farm up and going unless monkeys come and eat all the berries or a flock of birds come and denude the poor thing. I haven't starved anybody to death yet, but I don't have 'em start making babies until I've got farm 2 because I'm scared of having rotting corpses all over, running out of food and turning them into fans of long pig. EEP!

#10438 - 05/27/05 03:09 PM Re: Newbie questions
Gemelle Offline
Consigliere

Hmmm what level of diffifculty do you have your game on? How fast is your game speed?

#10439 - 05/27/05 07:33 PM Re: Newbie questions
simplerich Offline
Trainee

Oh. I'm middle of the road on both usually.
Speed=Normal, Difficulty=Medium.
I say usually, because if I'm going to be sitting there actively playing with them I put it on fast speed.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter