Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 8 of 23 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#116966 - 01/17/08 04:20 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
cattales Offline
Trainee

Loc: U.S.
I would love to have the VST. Might actually start playing that game again. Do you suppose we'll ever see a Mac version? I can't open a ".exe" file.

#116981 - 01/17/08 09:13 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: cattales]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
The last time I programmed an Apple computer was when I was in college - we used Apple ][e computers. At least I think they were Apple IIe computers - in any event that was before PCs even existed. Methuselah and I were good friends.

I feel your pain. If I had access to one I would look into figuring out how to port the code to it. VST was written in Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 Express Visual C#. It is kind of quirky and requires the user to have .NET 2.0 installed on their computer, but the price was right. \:\)

for any budding programmers out there, MS Visual Studios 2005 Express Edition is available to everyone for free download. That includes C#, C++, Basic, and a few other programming languages. Even a language for writing games for the XBox.

#116983 - 01/17/08 09:27 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Totally with u Cattales, being a mac user myself. I've been waiting for the Mac VST since it came out \:D but I understand if u don't have access to a mac. I'd be happy to beta test if u make one.

#117276 - 01/20/08 08:17 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: LunyKimberly]
DDNYFL Offline
Trainee

Loc: NY
HELP!!!!!! i LOST ALL MY MONEY AND SEEDS- MY WHOLE GAME i DOWNLOADED VIRTUAL SEED TRAY AND WHEN i WENT TO START MY GAME BACK UP EVERYTHING WAS GONE i THOUGHT i HAD EXITED PLANT TYCOON

#117282 - 01/20/08 09:16 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: DDNYFL]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: DDNYFL
HELP!!!!!! i LOST ALL MY MONEY AND SEEDS- MY WHOLE GAME i DOWNLOADED VIRTUAL SEED TRAY AND WHEN i WENT TO START MY GAME BACK UP EVERYTHING WAS GONE i THOUGHT i HAD EXITED PLANT TYCOON
This is the first I've heard that someone lost money/entire save game. Saving something in VST with PT open will zap all the seeds in the VST but VST does not delete your save game.

I'm not sure what the heck happened. One suggestion is to look in your save game folder for the backup of your save game and rename it to the save game.

Another suggestion is to make regular backups of your save games.

LadyCFII, have you had any reports of people using VST losing their entire game? any thoughts?

Whether it was VST that caused you to lose your game or not, I am very sorry you lost your game. If I could replace it for you, I would.

#117310 - 01/21/08 12:55 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I haven't heard of anything like that from using VST. The usual cause of people losing an entire game (I assume that what happened is that the game started with a "blank" savegame slot) is some sort of crash or power off while the game was running. In that case, the backup savegame should be intact and the game should be recoverable by following the instructions in the "Note" section of this post in the Guides Section.

#117335 - 01/21/08 06:22 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: LadyCFII]
DDNYFL Offline
Trainee

The folders are there but I cant open them or if I do there are just fragments

#117336 - 01/21/08 06:24 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: DDNYFL]
DDNYFL Offline
Trainee

Its probably not VST just something dumb I did while trying to backup files before I did it. Am going to try again with new game

#117368 - 01/21/08 05:16 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: DDNYFL]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: DDNYFL
Its probably not VST just something dumb I did while trying to backup files before I did it. Am going to try again with new game

Ah - perhaps what happened was instead of backing up the files, you accidently moved some of them.

Write down the names of all the files on a piece of paper next time before you back them up. After you back them up, compare your list of files on the piece of paper you wrote to the files that are in the save game folder, and make sure they are all still there.

Perhaps we can help you figure out what went wrong with the backup you did so it does not happen again - describe in detail everything you did when you backed up the folder (what folder were you in, what keys did you press, what did you click on, etc)?

#117409 - 01/22/08 05:27 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
DDNYFL Offline
Trainee

My Documents> LDW> Plant Tycoon> Then I tried to copy files Both Folders are there But they all have 1/21 date on logs and no old game files. When I went back to Plant Tycoon there was a whole new game like starting over. Strange In hind sight I think I should have went down to slot 2 and started new game there. Now Im afraid I have gone too far in this game to start over So new game is in slot 1. Im not that computer savvy so I must have [censored] up somehow. So far I have 2 magic plants and I know more then when I started so my stats will be better thi time around. Still love the game so all is well. Thank you for your help.

Page 8 of 23 < 1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter