Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 107 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#105691 - 10/28/07 02:49 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: shadowkat815]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
Originally Posted By: shadowkat815
I love this..YOU ROCK!!!!..explain to me how to read the breeding tips
Gladly!

Best thing to do is copy a breeding tip you are having trouble with to a reply in this thread and it will be fully explained.

Here is short explanation. Lets say that the breeding information for bouncingboy is as follows:

[[batman] x [wonderwoman]] x [supergirl]

find all the innermost crossbreeds first. In this case we have:

[[batman] x [wonderwoman]] x [supergirl]

so we do that crossbreed first and get lets say, greenlantern.

[greenlantern] x [supergirl]

now we crossbreed these two and we get bouncingboy.

Copy one you are having trouble with to a reply in this thread and it will be fully explained.

Cheers,
Borg

#105699 - 10/28/07 03:29 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
I've found often the charts give me something like

Plant A x Plant A x Plant B

In that case, I need to do Plant A x Plant B, then that result x Plant A. Is this true in the VST also?

#105702 - 10/28/07 03:59 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Jazzo]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
I've found often the charts give me something like Plant A x Plant A x Plant B. In that case, I need to do Plant A x Plant B, then that result x Plant A. Is this true in the VST also?

That's why I have the brackets, [ and ]. Things in the innermost brackets should be done first.

So you won't see:
Plant A x Plant B x Plant C

but you might see either:

1. [[Plant A] x [Plant B]] x [Plant C]

or

2. [Plant A] x [[Plant B] x [Plant C]]

in (1.) above you would do AxB first. in (2.) above you would do BxC first.

Good question, Jazzo!

Cheers,
-Steve

#105792 - 10/28/07 12:57 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
Oh OK, I totally get that now. I missed that before. Thanks, and I should have realised since we just finished order of operations in math class \:D thanx. \:\)

Edited by Jazzo (10/28/07 01:00 PM)

#106186 - 10/30/07 08:22 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Jazzo]
PurpleGal Offline

Borg: Love, Love, Love the VST. However, it has been too long since Algebra. This one is kicking my tushy. Help!!??

[[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [[citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple]]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [fragrant ball cactus]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [[citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple]]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [[citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple]]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [citrus maranta]]]

Thanks for all your help.

PG

#106188 - 10/30/07 08:31 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: PurpleGal]
laurence Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Paris, France
\:D When it's like that, I leave!! That means there is a lot of cross breeding before to reach the plant I look for!!

#106201 - 10/30/07 12:23 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: PurpleGal]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: PurpleGal
Borg: Love, Love, Love the VST. However, it has been too long since Algebra. This one is kicking my tushy. Help!!??

[[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [[citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple]]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [fragrant ball cactus]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [[citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple]]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [[citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple]]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [citrus maranta]]]
Actually, this is not too hard. The first thing to notice is that [citrus maranta] x [fourpetal maple] is listed three times. So that is the first cross-breed (call it (A))

[[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [ (A) ]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [fragrant ball cactus]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [ (A) ]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [[citrus maranta] x [ (A) ]]] x [citrus maranta]] x [citrus maranta]]]

Then [citrus maranta] x [ (A) ] is listed three times, so that is the second pair, call it (B)

[[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [ (B) ]] x [citrus maranta]] x [fragrant ball cactus]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [ (B) ]] x [citrus maranta]] x [[[[fragrant ball cactus] x [ (B) ]] x [citrus maranta]] x [citrus maranta]]]

Then [fragrant ball cactus] x [ (B) ] is listed three times, so that is the third, and call it (C)

[[[ (C) ] x [citrus maranta]] x [fragrant ball cactus]] x [[[ (C) ] x [citrus maranta]] x [[[ (C) ] x [citrus maranta]] x [citrus maranta]]]

The fourth cross-breed uses the Citrus Maranta again: [ (C) ] x [citrus maranta], call this one (D)

[[ (D) ] x [fragrant ball cactus]] x [[ (D) ] x [[ (D) ] x [citrus maranta]]]

You may need to grow more than one of (D) since it is now used twice:

[ (D) ] x [fragrant ball cactus] = (E)
[ (D) ] x [citrus maranta] = (F)

will then result in:
[ (E) ] x [[ (D) ] x [ (F) ]]

Cross-breed (D) and (F) to get you (G) and then (G) and (E) will give you the plant you are searching for!

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#106279 - 10/30/07 07:45 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: sfrose]
PurpleGal Offline

Thanks for the info. I will give it a try. Let you know what happens.

Thanks,
PG

Go Socks!

#106312 - 10/30/07 09:49 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: PurpleGal]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: PurpleGal

Thanks for all your help. PG

No Algebra needed. \:\)

(sfrose's explanation is better than anything I could have written \:\) , so I thought instead I would mention how to recognize innermost crossbreeds.)

since the program keeps track of all your seeds, you actually don't have to break this down. what you do is find the innermost crossbreeds and do them, place their seeds in your seed tray so VST knows about them, and then go look at the chart again. You will know an innermost crossbreed because it looks like this:

[plant1] x [plant2]

Notice it has ] x [ in the middle. Not ] x [[ , not ]] x [[ , and not ]] x [ .

Back to our example:

The [citrus maranta] x fourpetal maple] is an innermost crossbreed 3 times up there. once you do that crossbreed and place whatever seed results from that in your seed tray, and go back to the chart, you will find that VST will replace that crossbreed with the name of the seed that resulted, giving you new innermost crossbreeds to do. after just a few cycles of doing the innermost crossbreeds, you will have the plant you want.

Cheers,
-Borg

#106313 - 10/30/07 09:53 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
shadowkat815 Offline

Loc: Indiana
thanks so much I think i got it. I understand that you didnt want to have any spoilers on the chart. I personally would find if i had the show spoilers checked that I wish it would be breed plant x with plant z instead but I understand why that is not on there. Its good to have to think and use skills we forgot we had.
thanks again for all the hard work and effort you have put into this.
YOU ROCK

Page 5 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter