Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 155 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 19 of 23 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >
Topic Options
#189288 - 04/27/09 02:50 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Eve52 Offline

Loc: South Carolina
Borg, I tried that and it still does the same thing, but this time it did not give me the vst.zip, now what? I want that seed tray. LOL

#189295 - 04/27/09 03:22 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Eve52]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
can you take some screen shots of the steps you are taking? are you downloading it from the guide section post:
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...eed_#Post104281
maybe with some screen shots we can figure this out.

Step 1: Click the blue download link and choose to "Save File":

Step 2: Make note of the folder it is being downloaded into, in this case, "My Downloads":

Step 3: Open the folder that it was downloaded into:

Step 4: Double click the zip file to open it and you will find VirtualSeedTray.exe. Also here I've opened my LDW save game folder so I can copy the file there:

Step 5: Here I've dragged the file from the zip folder to the Save game folder.

Step 6: here i right-clicked on VirtualSeedTray.exe in the save game folder to create a desktop shortcut to it.

Now, from the desktop, I can click the "Shortcut to VirtualSeedTray.exe" icon to run it.

The only other step involved would be to add .Net 2.0 (free from microsoft) if your computer does not have that. There is a link to it in the guide section post about VST.

#189308 - 04/27/09 04:02 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Eve52 Offline

Not sure the last one went through so here goes again. Yes I was trying to download it from the guide section post. I don't know how to do the screen shots, but will try if you tell me how, but what I get is the download screen that says "open save cancel" I save, and it just goes to notepad I don't send it there.

#189309 - 04/27/09 04:08 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Eve52]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
maybe some Internet Explorer browser setting is messed up and files of type .zip are automatically opened with notepad?

Maybe download Firefox (that is the browser I am using in the screen shots above).

If you google the phrase File assocation fixes for windows vista you will find a number of web sites that talk about this problem. So you are not alone. The top one on the list, winhelponline.com, has a solution for most common file types including .zip. they fix the problem by changing things in the registry.

although this would probably fix your problem, when novices change things in the registry, I worry, because it is possible to make a computer unusable if done wrong.

do you know any computer experts you trust?

another good experiment to do would be to try to download a completely different zip file from a different web site that you trust. if you try to download a different zip file from some other website and it opens notepad and you see the odd symbols, that means it is probably the problem above where the file association for files of type .zip are set to open with notepad.

#189314 - 04/27/09 04:43 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
Eve52 Offline

Borg, I will try winhelponline.com tomorrow and see if it works for me. I did try firefox and that didn't work either, for some reason my computer keeps saving it on notepad even when I uncheck it. Thank for your help, and will try to catch you tomorrow. No I don't know a computer expert either.

Edit: Borg, I went to winhelponline.com and hit the fix on zip and now I have the seed tray. Thank You, Thank You for helping me, now all I have to do is find out how to use it, lol.
Have a great day, you are brilliant.

#190614 - 05/01/09 04:50 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: OrChIdPrInCeSs]
OrChIdPrInCeSs Offline

Loc: Novi Sad, Serbia
Originally Posted By: OrChIdPrInCeSs
Originally Posted By: Borg
NET version detector
Just to be sure you have 2.0, the above link is to a program that will tell you all the version(s) of .net you have on your computer. I've seen errors like this when 2.0 is not present.

i downloaded the microsoft .NET from the first page from this thread and i opened it it showed me that i allready have Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 installed in my computer.....

Borg i wold really apreciate it if you could help with this problem because i really need that seed tray and it just wont work ...

#193526 - 05/13/09 06:18 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: LadyCFII]
DMDye Offline

Thank you, Borg!

[eta] Sorry it took me so long to reply... I've had comp troubles - like it dying twice in 6 days, and needing an impromptu reformat.

Edited by DMDye (05/13/09 06:26 AM)

#194206 - 05/16/09 09:38 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: OrChIdPrInCeSs]
OrChIdPrInCeSs Offline

Loc: Novi Sad, Serbia
Originally Posted By: Borg
NET version detector
Just to be sure you have 2.0, the above link is to a program that will tell you all the version(s) of .net you have on your computer. I've seen errors like this when 2.0 is not present.

i downloaded the microsoft .NET from the first page from this thread and i opened it it showed me that i allready have Microsoft .NET framework 2.0 installed in my computer.....

Borg i wold really apreciate it if you could help with this problem because i really need that seed tray and it just wont work ...

CAN YOU HELP ME ???

#197891 - 06/05/09 08:34 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: Kathryn]
vickydoodle Offline

I am have the same trouble. I just got a new laptop. I use Plant tycoon and VST on my old computer (windows XP) with no problems and loved it. The new computer has Vista with a normal screen resolution of 1440x900. I have tried all the different screen resolutions. Here is a screen shot. I had click on "Bluestar Maranta."
I am not sure if my screen shot worked.

Attachments
VST.jpg

#198227 - 06/09/09 06:02 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] VST "Plus Version" [Re: vickydoodle]
vickydoodle Offline

I just download Plant Tycoon and VST on my desktop, it has window XP and a screen res. 1024X768. It work perfectly on it.
On the laptop I've redownload Plant Tycoon and VST with the same results. The laptop has Vista and a widescreen. I have all res. and nothing helps.

Is there anyone that can help me with problem.

Page 19 of 23 < 1 2 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter