Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 12 of 23 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 >
Topic Options
#142665 - 05/12/08 09:24 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version" [Re: naomi_joy]
knksmiles Offline
Master

naomi_joy

I think this happens when you have bred the seed and then sold/planted them. It turns back to yellow because you do not have the seed in inventory but you keep the red ring because you have bred it before. If the seed in question is in the little tray at the top left of the screen, I don't think VST can "see" it and so it would be the same as if it was not in inventory according to VST. Borg can correct me if I am wrong, but I think that is what you have going on. \:\)

#142816 - 05/13/08 02:03 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version" [Re: knksmiles]
jimv Offline

Hello. First off I would like to say that the VST is a big help in playing Plant Tycoon and thanks for writing it. I am however having a slight problem with the chart display.

Here is a link to an screenshot of what I get when I open the VST chart:

http://img7.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=40596_VST_image_122_632lo.jpg

Click the image to enlarge it. The problem is that I can not view the bottom two flower types so I can not get the equation for making them. If you look at the top of the image you can see that I have moved the chart as far up my screen as I can.

Is there a way to disable the bar at the bottom of the chart and still be able to use the equation function?

Will getting rid of the start bar on my computer let me view the last two flower types? If so how do I get rid of it?

Thanks in advance for any solutions you can give me.

#142858 - 05/13/08 02:50 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version" [Re: jimv]
knksmiles Offline
Master

I am not a computer geek (wish I was though) but the first thing I would be looking at is whether or not my computer resolution was set high enough. I know that on my old computer I had to "fix" my properties every time I played a game with a lower dpi than I had set. On my computer I can see everything on the VST chart and it doesn't take most of my screen like yours seems to.

That's my best guess

#143084 - 05/13/08 02:41 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version" [Re: knksmiles]
jimv Offline

Thanks.

Yes, changing the resolution does make it fit in my screen. I had it set at 800 X 600. To get it to fit I had to change it to 1024 X 768 or higher. Maybe someone could put this info in the VST tutorial?

Also, maybe add a way to disable the info bar at the bottom of the chart to the VST so that people don't have to keep switching back and forth on the resolution settings?

#143094 - 05/13/08 03:07 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version" [Re: Borg]
boostone Offline
Trainee

Loc: Canada
I have a question for Borg:

When you first did the seed tray-It was in excel-yep I downloaded the first one.

By colouring the cells I figured out what species I had etc. If I get this one can I import my plants that I have into it?

Thanks

Barb

#145284 - 05/16/08 01:50 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Version" [Re: boostone]
M.Asad Offline

Hey Borg....

i've reinstalled PT and deleted all related files... for two hours the VST worked fine... but just now when i opened the VST all my seeds are lost once again... \:\(

plz help me...

#145441 - 05/16/08 05:34 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Versi [Re: M.Asad]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Borg is the only one who can possibly assist with VST issues. LDW didn't develop the utility, and we do not support it. If it works, great! If not, you can always play Plant Tycoon without it. \:\)

#146767 - 05/18/08 10:15 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Versi [Re: LadyCFII]
jimv Offline

Why do you keep deleting my posts? It says right at the bottom of this thread: http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/104281/page/1

"Questions, comments, suggestions, errors? Please leave replies in this thread!", then links to here.

Didn't realize that it only meant comments that stroke your little egos.

What you can't handle that someone doesn't appreciate having thousands of seeds deleted?

As I said before the VST is garbage.

The VST totally ruined Plant Tycoon for me.

Edited by jimv (05/18/08 10:16 AM)

#146797 - 05/18/08 01:43 PM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Versi [Re: jimv]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You are certainly free to leave comments (or complaints) here that don't violate the forum rules. Your other posts violated the rules, so they were moved to an admin area for review.

If this utility deleted seeds from your Plant Tycoon game (and not just from the Virtual Seed Tray), or if it corrupted your game files so that you lost all game progress, we would very much like to know about that. We do not want to provide access to mods or utilities that damage the game files.

Although we have a warning in our other game mod threads, the warnings in the VST posts are not as easy to find. I will make the VST posts consistent with the other game mod threads and add the following warning, so that it's clear "up front" to anyone considering the use of VST:

Quote:
This thread contains user modifications for Plant Tycoon. These modifications (or Mods) have been created by users and are not supported by LDW. Use these modifications at your own risk. If using them causes problems for your game, please do not request support from LDW. Although many people are using this mod successfully, the use of the Virtual Seed Tray has caused the loss of seeds under certain conditions. Make sure that you understand the risks of using this utility. It's also a good idea to back up your game files periodically.

Edited by LadyCFII (05/18/08 02:23 PM)

#147379 - 05/19/08 03:36 AM Re: [SPOILER ALERT!] Virtual Seed Tray "Plus Versi [Re: LadyCFII]
legs3246 Offline

I am also losing seeds in VST, someone in another thread said it happens when you update your stats. I was going to see if that was true for me but I haven't been able to update since yesterday. (can't connect to server)
Something strange I noticed when I was saving a game file was that I have 6 games in the game slots, I only have 3 games going.
There is PT1, 2 and 3 then 21, 22 and 23 which look like copies of the 123 games. The dates and times are the same. Should I delete the duplicates or leave them alone?
Thanks

Page 12 of 23 < 1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 22 23 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter