Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#104060 - 10/21/07 10:48 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: QuickStorm]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
The J# package you refer to is not the latest version and is an add-on component of the Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 (which is also outdated).

Unless you are using applications that are dependent upon version 1.1, it should be safe to delete that version, install .NET Framework 2.0 and (if you need the J# Package for an application you're running) download the Visual J# 2.0 Redistributable Package-Second Edition for use with the Microsoft .NET Framework (x86) version 2.0 directly from Microsoft. It's pretty easy to find them on the Microsoft site (or you can Google them). \:\)

#104065 - 10/21/07 11:19 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
Thanks, Barbara. I don't think I'll try it for a couple of days; my brain isn't with me. I lost a very dear, special friend suddenly on Friday and, of course, dealing with this.

#104074 - 10/21/07 11:59 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: QuickStorm]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
I'm very sorry to hear that, Margi. You will be in my prayers. Life, family, and friends come first, with computers and games w-a-a-a-y down on the list of priorities.

#104252 - 10/22/07 03:20 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Village Idiot Jr]
PlantPat Offline
Consigliere

Loc: France
I just downloaded the Virtual Seed Tray and it works like a dream! Thanks so much! I am looking forward to the upgrade version.

#104270 - 10/22/07 03:49 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: LadyCFII]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Loc: Maryland, USA
there is now a new option in VST, "Don't Display Spoiler Information."

and this is now the default option when you first use the program. If this option is left checked, clicking on Tools>Chart will produce this:

to see the version of the chart that identifies the magic plants, tells you what plants you can breed from the seeds you have, and tells you how to breed them, uncheck the option.

-Cheers,
Borg

#104273 - 10/22/07 03:54 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
Bec Offline
Trainee

OH my that is another great addition! So now I can turn off the info and down the road when I get stuck I can sneak a peak.

Bec

#104275 - 10/22/07 04:01 PM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Bec]
Deathwing Offline
Master

Loc: GaiaOnline, DW_08 ^^
Borg, you always out do yourself. Well Done, now went can I download it??? \:\)

(PS I'll wait)

My Pets home

#104396 - 10/23/07 03:06 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

Originally Posted By: ItzTerri
...I wish it said which plants you actually have bred. I have 301 plants, but I'm missing a bunch of seeds...

Virtual Seed Tray News \:\)

the latest incarnation of the program now shows you what plants you have already bred in the game by marking them with a salmon colored ring or a salmon colored dot.

to see how many plants you have breed, you can go to the Stats Page in the game and look for "Species Discovered."

here is a screen shot. since this is the non-[spoiler] thread, here is the non-spoiler picture:

Be aware that this feature is only available if you download the "spoiler" version of VST in the guide section. Yes, that's not a typo. The "spoiler" version of VST is the only version that makes charts. It can make both charts - a chart with spoiler information on it, or a chart without spoiler information on it, depending on what options are set (under the options drop down menu in the menu bar at the top).

To see the "non-spoiler" version of the chart (like the image above), run the spoiler-version of the program in the (default) non-spoiler mode. In english, this means that in the options drop down menu, don't change the option about hiding spoiler information.

However, if you wish to see the chart that tells you which plants you can breed based on what seeds you own, how to breed them, what the identity of the magic plants are, what prices you can charge, etc, uncheck the "hide spoilers" option in the options menu.

In the spoiler-version of VST, both the spoiler chart and the non-spoiler chart will show you what seeds you own and what plants you have already received credit for breeding in Plant Tycoon.

So to recap:

Non-Spoiler "Safe" version of VST:
  • stores seeds

[Spoiler] version of VST:
  • stores seeds
  • can create a chart without spoiler information on it. this is the default mode.
  • can create a chart with spoiler information on it. to do this you need to change the option to hide spoilers in the option drop down menu.
    • see what plants you can breed based on what seeds you own
    • find out how to breed them
    • see the identity of the magic plants
    • see the prices

If you do not wish to view the spoilers but would like to be able to see what plants you have already bred and see what seeds you own on a chart, you will still need to download the spoiler-version of the program. To do this you have to be clever. When you go to the link for the spoiler version of the program, scroll down quickly to the bottom where the link is to download the program, while at the same time looking at your feet so you do not inadvertantly read any of the spoilers \:\) .

#123499 - 03/12/08 02:25 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: Borg]
jlb67 Offline
Expert

Loc: Bristol, UK.
Thank you Borg, the VSTray is a big help to me. I've only had PT for a week or so, so i am not as far as some of you. I have bred the Fabled Rose though. I cross pollenated plants not knowing what i would get. I put all my seeds in my tray & just grew the ones that i thought would look nice. By chance 2 of the seeds i planted came up with a $354 price tag ???? when it matured i had the Fabled Rose \:\) I've been pollenating them ever since to build up my money to buy nursery ect upgrades. I only have 1 of the 6 magic plants but am really enjoying the game...Thank you every one who have posted guides they're a great help to me..

#123531 - 03/12/08 10:08 AM Re: Teaser! Virtual Seed Tray Utility [Re: jlb67]
Borg Offline
Brilliant Programmer

it was fun writing VST, and it is very rewarding that others find it helpful. thank you. and thanks to everyone who helped me with it (looks in BB's direction) \:\)

please read the warnings that come with VST though, so you don't lose any seeds. it is very easy to accidently have PT running, move seeds in VST and press save - and that is how seeds get lost. (don't do that \:\) )

-Borg

Page 9 of 11 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter