Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 220 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 5 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 >
Topic Options
#101992 - 10/09/07 06:20 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: TNGardner]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Originally Posted By: TNGardner
It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view.
For most things you can minimize the game or just bring another window in front of it. You don't need to quit and restart the game. The "clock" will run at all times unless the option to pause time is used.

The only exception is that for plants to sell in the nursery, the window must be open (though on a PC it can be "behind" other windows.)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#102146 - 10/10/07 04:02 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: sfrose]
TNGardner Offline

Loc: Southern TN
Originally Posted By: sfrose
Originally Posted By: TNGardner
It would also be nice to be able to "shrink" the screen down when you are "waiting" for the plants to do there thing. The back and forth to quit the game seems like a lot of extra movement to be doing when you could just hit the min button and work on something else on your computer with the greenhouse still in view.
For most things you can minimize the game or just bring another window in front of it. You don't need to quit and restart the game. The "clock" will run at all times unless the option to pause time is used.

The only exception is that for plants to sell in the nursery, the window must be open (though on a PC it can be "behind" other windows.)

WOW! I didn't know that! HOW please explain! Please, I tried every trick I knew and couldn't get it to "minimize" or "shrink" for me at all.
TN

#102151 - 10/10/07 04:33 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: TNGardner]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Go to the Menu screen, click Options, and set full screen mode to off. \:\)

#102210 - 10/10/07 09:44 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: TNGardner]
Dezz Offline
Trainee

Loc: Wisconsin
The comment that TNGardner made about having the bugs come more frequently and have more bugs to collect would be great!!!!!

#102216 - 10/10/07 10:22 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: Dezz]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
OK, how about a chemical you spray to attract rare bugs??? \:D

#102217 - 10/10/07 10:40 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
miniflowers Offline
Expert

Loc: Wyoming's wide open spaces
I'd like to be able to change the price of just *one* plant - or more - without changing the "base" price of that whole plant category - sometimes by the time my trees get "pruned" (hacked would be more like it lol), I have a stick with some green stuff on it - couldn't call them branches on a bet! Obviously, they aren't going to sell - neither are the cacti with their only bud gone rotten. Shame to have to trash them completely. Lowering the price for that particular plant would be great - and being able to lower the price of any plant in the nursery IN the nursery without changing the base price of the thing would be heaven on earth! I'd a lot rather take a loss than spend forever waiting for that last plant to sell...

Forever ends when time erases memories...

#102443 - 10/11/07 10:54 PM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: angiejoy]
kjb2 Offline

Loc: Indiana, USA
Things I would like to see in PT2:
1. Like many others have mentioned in this thread: MORE seed boxes - or a way to archive seeds we want to save, but not actively use Or maybe a window, like the _bug_ collection, of seeds collected, but with an option to be able to use one of the "collected seeds" down the line in a cross breeding.
2. More things to buy for the Nursery. I keep seeing the sims thought bubbles for coffee, so maybe a snack kiosk to pull in extra money. No ideas for the thought bubbles of cars. Maybe a dog or cat.
3. Add a couple of the Isola Magic Plants, and have them be from the Tier 4.
4. Please, please, please fix the Nursery sales window for Macs. It's really annoying to not be able to work on other things if the Nursery window has to be active to sell.
5. I love that clicking on the bird house, turtle, wagon, and sundial have actions. Could the owl, angel, lantern, and wind vane had actions, too?
6. When a plant is not selling in the Nursery, would like to change the price of that individual plant without changing the price of all its kind - sometimes I forget to go back and reprice the others.
7. tools: I truly see no difference between the basic and golden shears and butterfly nets. They work the same for me (I caught more bugs (40) with the basic net than the golden net), golden tools just cost more.
8: seeds: could seeds refresh every 8 or 12 hours, instead of 24?
Love the mental challenge of this program, trying to cross breed seeds for a new plant. Cool!!

#102472 - 10/12/07 12:11 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: kjb2]
QuickStorm Offline
Legend

Loc: America's Birthplace
kjb2, I don't use a MAC but I minimize my screen when I'm in the nursery for doing other things. Can't you do that with MAC? All I need to do is go to Menu, then options screen and change from full screen.

#102473 - 10/12/07 12:29 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: QuickStorm]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
It doesn't work that way on a Mac.

#102476 - 10/12/07 12:59 AM Re: Upgrades we'd like to see in Plant Tycoon II [Re: LadyCFII]
Jazzo Offline
Master Magician

Loc: jazzothegreat.com
On my computer (a mac) if you go to another window, the nursery stops.

Page 5 of 24 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 23 24 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter