Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#101061 - 10/06/07 04:04 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Loc: Waltham, Mass. USA
There is no way that is the pre-set rankings without someone going in and making changes.
Didn't you say you left it untouched?

Peyton was the only QB in top 25.
Nor would there have been as many WRs ranked that high.
That is not the default ranking from the league.
Nor could it have been the list used or you would have those people.

Maybe it's a _bug_?

#101071 - 10/06/07 05:11 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: Wonka2]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I didn't touch it (unless by accident.) I didn't know enough about how this works back then, or even enough about many players I would have placed higher (except for a few like Tom Brady and Adam Vinatieri!)

I was going to ask what other people's list looks like, and noticed that mine changed! (I'm on a different computer, but I suspect that doesn't matter.)

The same list now looks like:

Pre-Draft Player Rankings List
Default Rankings
1. LaDainian Tomlinson
2. Joseph Addai
3. Larry Johnson
4. Shaun Alexander
5. Brian Westbrook
6. Randy Moss
7. Frank Gore
8. Willie Parker
9. Terrell Owens
10. Tom Brady
11. Rudi Johnson
12. Chad Johnson
13. Edgerrin James
14. Carson Palmer
15. Steve Smith
16. Peyton Manning
17. T.J. Houshmandzadeh
18. Clinton Portis
19. Reggie Bush
20. Antonio Gates
21. Ronnie Brown
22. Adrian Peterson
23. Tony Romo
24. Marshawn Lynch
25. Plaxico Burress

Is it possible that this list is changing based on new information and/or results of other legaues drafts?

If yes, nevermind about my confusion. I'll just pay more attention to the draft part of this next year.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#101078 - 10/06/07 05:26 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

If they offer leagues that start mid season then I guess it would change constantly but I think mine is still how I had it.

I guess anything is possible.

#101082 - 10/06/07 06:02 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: Wonka2]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Did you modify yours? It is possible that if modified, the list doesn't change, but if not, it'll get updated. I'm curious what other people are seeing. And whether there is a _bug_ or not.

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#101086 - 10/06/07 06:34 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
Wonka2 Offline
Expert

Yes, I did.(i should be ashamed of that considering my position)

Anyone out there who didn't?

#101636 - 10/08/07 12:56 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: Wonka2]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Loc: Island of Isola
I changed my order so it should not change if Yahoo changed the ranking. I would have to assume if you don't change your order, the order will change as yahoo changes theirs. As I said before the only ranking I changed was moving Manning to the top. Here is my order I'm currently showing:

Your Rankings
1. Peyton Manning

Default Rankings
2. LaDainian Tomlinson
3. Joseph Addai
4. Larry Johnson
5. Shaun Alexander
6. Brian Westbrook
7. Randy Moss
8. Frank Gore
9. Willie Parker
10. Terrell Owens
11. Tom Brady
12. Rudi Johnson
13. Chad Johnson
14. Edgerrin James
15. Carson Palmer
16. Steve Smith
17. T.J. Houshmandzadeh
18. Clinton Portis
19. Reggie Bush
20. Antonio Gates
21. Ronnie Brown
22. Adrian Peterson
23. Tony Romo
24. Marshawn Lynch
25. Plaxico Burress

I don't remember what it was right before the draft, but I would bet any players that you do not change their ranking will get adjusted as yahoo changes them. Any player that you changed their ranking will stay as you changed them. If I get time I will read the FAQ and see if that is right.

#101637 - 10/08/07 12:57 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Week 5 Notes Before the Monday Night Game.

Well coaches, I’ve been busy and did not have time to post comments last week. I will make up for that shortly.

But first things first. Mike (Rifster) just informed me that he lost his father last month. I’m asking everyone to keep him and his family in your prayers. I lost my father to cancer as well a few years back, and my hart goes out to him. God bless you Mike, and I pray God helps you through this most difficult time. \:\(

Ok, as you all know Eye’s Exterminators currently holds first place all by herself, but is that going to change? It looks like it! The final score in that game is EE 37, Jerkstore 38. EE dropes to 3-1-1 and Jerkstore gets his second win of the season and is now 2-3-0.

The bye week is affecting everyone this week, so it seems. Another close game is Isola Girls and Village Idiot’s. IG currently has a 2-point lead with no players left to score for her, but VI has Marion Barber yet to play. If Barber can score three points tonight he’ll squeak by with a victory. Time will only tell.

Another close game that is going down to the wire is the matchup between Arnie’s Anchormen and sfrose’s rockes. SR holds a six point lead but both teams have players in tonights game. SF has TO which has been playing very well in the past few games, but AA has two players left, Romo and Lee Evans. And remember TO and Romo both play for Dallas, so if Dallas has a bad game sfrose will most likely pull this game out and upset one of the leaders. WOW, what will happen? Another, “time will tell” game for our league.

Speaking of one of the leaders losing, Nimshi’s Left Paw lost to Isolans by five, so they drop to 3-2 and Isolans improve to 2-3. And it looks like Gramma’s Gorillas will get flatten by the Steelers. Steelers currently hold a 13 point lead and both have one player in tonights game (GG-Lynch & S-Witten). Although anything is possible, but I don’t think Lynch will score 13 points tonight, much less out score Witten by 13. So if this plays out GG will drop to 3-2 and the Steelers will improve to 2-2-1.

Mysti’s Marvel runs all over the Village Eagles, winning by 18 and improves to 4-1 which could land her in first place.

So with all that said I’ll make some predictions. \:\) Here is my projected top two spots following tonight’s game. I project there will be a four way tie for first and a three way tie for second. WOW!

1. Village Idiots 4-1 with 374 points
2. Arnie’s Anchormen 4-1 with 341 points
3. Mysti’s Marvels 4-1 with 315 points
4. RifsterManiacs 4-1 with 275 points
5. Eye’s Exterminators 3-2-1 with 253 points
6. Gramma’s Gorillas 3-2 with 295 points
7. Nimshi’s Left Paul 3-2 with 293 points

#101942 - 10/09/07 12:42 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

Week 5 Comments:

Well I was worried my predictions were going to be all wrong watching Dallas the first half, but they did come true (sort of), but it was very close. These bye weeks keep things interesting don't they? LOL

Ok first with the “Time to Tell” outcomes. Village Idiot's beat Isola Girls by one. And remember I said if Dallas has a bad game Sfrose's Rockes will pull out a win? Well Dallas one by one but Romo had a very bad game and Sforse's Rockets one by one! Another close game was between the Rifstermaniacs and Death Stew King (Currently known as The Bye Week). They were tied going into tonights game but Jones scored two points for the Rifster and he pulled out the win, 47 to 46. If you are counting, that is four games decided by two points or less! Great job coaches!

So with that all said here are the standings after week 5:

Village Idiot's 4-1
Mysti's Marvels 4-1
RifsterManiacs 4-1
Eye's Exterminators 3-1-1
Arnie's Anchormen 3-2
Gramma's Gorillas 3-2
Nimshi's Left Paw 3-2
Sfrose's Rockets 3-2
Steelers 2-2-1
Triton Tigers 2-3
Isola Girls 2-3
Isolans 2-3
Jerkstore 2-3
Juniors Tribe 1-4
Village Eagles 1-4
The Bye Week 0-5

So as you can see we have three teams tied for first, one team in second and four teams tied for third and five teams tied for forth. WOW!

Ok, now for some stats:

Lowest Score Of The Season: 18 Points by Jerkstore Week 1
Highest Score Posted: 90 Points by Arnie's Anchormen Week 1
Longest winning streak: 4 – Village Idiots & RisfsterManiacs
Longest losing streak: 5 Death Stew King
Most trades: 17 Sfrose's Rockets.

This week, the number one team in the NFL has a bye (Colts), as well as Denver, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Detroit and San Fran, so this is sure to effect a few. (Me being one of them).

Good luck to all!

The Commis.

#101948 - 10/09/07 01:51 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: TheVillageIdiot]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

Yes, that was a very close game! I was hoping that my boy would do better, but he did enough to pull out the win by one! But it was my kicker that was my MVP this week: 23 points wow!

#101990 - 10/09/07 06:00 PM Re: LDW 2007-08 Fantasy Football League [Re: sfrose]
TheVillageIdiot Offline
Sage

No kidding! Want to trade that kicker?

Page 9 of 18 < 1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... 17 18 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter