Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#70805 - 04/25/07 03:53 PM WARNING: in plain language
bethlham Offline
Guru

Okay, I feel as though I am the only person out of almost 13,000 forum members who didn't know what "time-travelling" is as it pertains to VV2, but just in case I'm not the only one...here's my warning:

Take extreme caution adjusting your computer clock while playing the game!!

There are several informative threads in the forums discussing the potential, even likely, problems you will encounter by adjusting your system clock while playing VV. To avoid being repetative I will suggest players may want to look them over.

I only post this for those who may not be familiar with current lingo and unaware that time-travelling = activities associated with adjusting your computer clock while playing the games.

Also, I would suggest reviewing the threads on saving back-up games. You'll probably find me there trying to figure it out myself! haha.

And yes, I speak from personal experiance, , having just lost my longest and most stable village to inadvertant time-travel, or in plain language...my husband adjusted our clock!

#70806 - 04/25/07 04:10 PM Re: WARNING: in plain language [Re: bethlham]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That's very good advice, and it isn't just our games that can behave badly when you start messing around with the system clock. Other applications depend upon an accurate system clock, such as anti-virus and security software, email applications, and many operating system functions. People have lost access to anti-virus updates as a result of changing their computer's clock.

I'd like to add that there are seemingly innocent things that people do on their computers that change the system clock without their realizing it. One very common way is clicking that handy little clock in the corner of the screen to check a date on the calendar. Before you know it, you've click OK and your system clock has been set to some other date in the past or future. It's easy to do, and you have to be careful.

#70811 - 04/25/07 05:29 PM Re: WARNING: in plain language [Re: bethlham]
Terina Offline
Master

Loc: BC Canada
Hey, just wanted to let you know that per your PM, a note has been added to the FAQ about time traveling, and there is a link to your post, \:\) thanks for the heads up on somthing I should have added right away.

#70932 - 04/26/07 09:34 PM Re: WARNING: in plain language [Re: LadyCFII]
bethlham Offline
Guru

You are right about the other problems it can cause! In addition to those you listed, we found even printers can be affected... ...yep, the list can go on and on. As we continue to set our systems right, I'm sure I'll think of more. Sniff, sniff.

#70934 - 04/26/07 09:49 PM Re: WARNING: in plain language [Re: Terina]
bethlham Offline
Guru

Great! And, thanks so much! \:\)

#102914 - 10/14/07 08:56 AM Re: WARNING: in plain language [Re: LadyCFII]
Lailai Offline
Master

Loc: Ldw Forums
Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
That's very good advice, and it isn't just our games that can behave badly when you start messing around with the system clock. Other applications depend upon an accurate system clock, such as anti-virus and security software, email applications, and many operating system functions. People have lost access to anti-virus updates as a result of changing their computer's clock.

I'd like to add that there are seemingly innocent things that people do on their computers that change the system clock without their realizing it. One very common way is clicking that handy little clock in the corner of the screen to check a date on the calendar. Before you know it, you've click OK and your system clock has been set to some other date in the past or future. It's easy to do, and you have to be careful.

What the smiley??

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter