Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#42554 - 01/18/07 02:03 AM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: preacherswife]
MochaJew Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: Anywhere but here
[quote=preacherswife] One time I opened the barrel and found rats, they bit my villagers and they got sick. I now make sure I only select the carefully sealed crates and barrels, anything rotting or unsecured is usually bad.
Quote:
Ah yes, the rats! Forgot about them. Almost lost a nursing mum to one. And then there is the monkey attack; almost lost a doctor to him.

#43051 - 01/18/07 08:06 PM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: MochaJew]
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

I don't mind the ones that make the villagers sick. I usually view it as an opportunity to give more villagers (and especially kids) healing skills. And that comes in helpful when the village if functioning without my "guidance."

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#43195 - 01/19/07 12:28 AM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: sfrose]
preacherswife Offline
Expert

Loc: The West side of the island wa...
True, but it can be annoying when I have to heal 50 plus kids and the doc won't stay on task, he would rather do laundry.

#43197 - 01/19/07 12:34 AM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: preacherswife]
betts Offline
Trainee

Loc: New Mexico
My biggest mistake and I still don't know if it is redeemable is not to designate a builder...I have all my tech but cannot build the temple or get a golden child....unless some one out there has an answer to my dumbest mistake :-(
PS I have whined to lots of folks and no answers as yet...I do wonder if anyone elso has ever done this???

Edited by betts (01/19/07 12:37 AM)

#43203 - 01/19/07 12:57 AM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: betts]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
You should be able to drop any villager on a those areas and they will try to work on it. The act of working on those projects will train them. You can also train a new builder by dropping a villager on one of the three huts that your tribe has already built. Make sure that their action says, "fixing hut" and they will start to learn building skill.

#43232 - 01/19/07 01:37 AM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: preacherswife]
bubblysnuggly Offline
Adviser

Loc: WHYdoYOUwantTOknow?
I abuse my villagers so much! I purposly pick events like rotting crates even though I know they are bad. hee hee hee....

Edited by bubblysnuggly (01/19/07 01:42 AM)

#43410 - 01/19/07 05:46 AM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: preacherswife]
blue_koka Offline
Consigliere

I had the funniest experience with the fuzzy blue liquid(at least I think it was blue)anyway my adult woman turned into a 2 year old.That wasn't the funny part.She was nursing a baby.When she turned into the little girl she had this baby in her arms which was as big as she was.And here she was a baby nursing a baby.She couldn't pick up mushrooms.And she couldn't work.But when I left the game for about an hour and came back to the game,she was carrying a bowl of water.And the weirdest thing about that, was before she drank the fizzy liquid she was a researcher.So there wouldn't have been any reason for her to be carrting the water like a farmer.I have played the game quite awhile now.I have had a few games going on at the same time.I have had them drink the liquids just to change things a little.They either go back to thier childhood or they have changed to look like someone else.They lost thier abilities and things like that.But I never laughed so hard in my life as I have with my little 2 year old mama.honestly has anyone ever had this one happen?

#43463 - 01/19/07 12:28 PM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: blue_koka]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
It has never happened to me, but I have read several reports of this sort of thing in this forum.

#43479 - 01/19/07 02:20 PM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: preacherswife]
erso11 Offline

i am so sad, i let the golden child read a book, and keep it to himself. he wandered off with his infinite wisdom, never to be seen again. And once your Golden Child is born, you can't do that again! Fortunately i have solved all of the puzzles, but i miss my golden child, and i want him back for that game!

#43480 - 01/19/07 02:24 PM Re: The bad choices you wish you hadnt chose in events [Re: betts]
erso11 Offline

I have done this too, and learned from my mistake. First thing, i always designate a doctor. this keeps them living longer, to get some of those food/research points. When i have at least 9 villagers, i always designate a second builder. When designating a breeder, i make sure he/she has multiple skills to pass on to the next gen., especially healing and/or building.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter