OBI IS IN DISNEYLAND!!!!!!!!!

GOOOOOOOOD WOOOOOORK!!!
Posted by: CarlaAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 03:49 PM

One more:

Posted by: laurence

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 03:50 PM

Oooooooooh!!!!!
It looks like the inside of little castel!!
New faces!! New outfits!! There is a chimney!?! a table! and what is the circle place with wooden planks where is Ema? is it the entry of a big well or a subterranean passage?
Ooooh that's promising!! I can't wait!! \:D
Posted by: Robert1220

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 04:04 PM

YA!!!!!!!!

LOVE THE BOAT!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 04:18 PM

It looks more like a raft! Is it the one that some villagers have built and used to leave the west shore?
I love the picture! \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 04:20 PM

i like the yellow haired girl \:D
Posted by: Syco4VV3

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 05:02 PM

Wow! That is so awesome!
Posted by: loki is sorry!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 05:16 PM

omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!!!!
OMG!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: spyrogirlkim

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 05:41 PM

So kewl,I can't wait to play.I love VV.So fun.Thanks for the pictures.
Posted by: Kristalia

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 05:47 PM

Woot! Pictures are delightful torture hehe ^^
Posted by: Phantom_Flame

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 05:53 PM

Sweet! Now I can't wait for it to come out, I want to know what that 'room' is!
Posted by: Cinimod

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 06:16 PM

YEAH WOW I CAN`T WAIT!
Posted by: colourmehappy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 06:46 PM

Looks like, the raft is where the eight strongest villagers go off exploring from vv2. Hence the start of vv3 where they land on the northern shores. But surely they must have a child, for collectables. Won't you have them any more? Never mind, I'm sure it will be great. The vv games get better every time. Love the pics though.
Posted by: QuickStorm

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 07:28 PM

WOW! Awesome graphics. The clothes the villagers are wearing are really super.

KUDOS -- Arthur, Carla, Barbara and the entire LDW clan

VV was great
VV:TLC was more entertaining and addicting
VV ??? looks to be even more intriguing than its predecessors.

Leave it to LDW to raise the bar.
Posted by: lucas

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 08:00 PM

Oh this is going to be a great game All Right
Posted by: mwbtle

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 08:11 PM

THAT LOOKS SO TOTALLY AWESOME!

I am doing a happy dance of joy!
and going back to watching the progress meter, which is futile, but whatever.
Posted by: Annthewhofan

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 08:30 PM

I love the pics of what it going to look like can't wait to see the whole village when it comes out \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Joine The Great

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 08:52 PM

It's even better than i hoped!
Posted by: Rhosyn

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 08:59 PM

Wow, just saw the pictures! The villagers definitely look improved and that scenario they're all working in looks very, very intriguing!

The picture of them in the water really makes me curious about the storyline! Can't wait to find out more!
Posted by: Kadgii Kailali

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 09:04 PM

i think they went fishing but a storm took them away!

IM SO HAPPY! AND HYPER!THIS CODE I MUST DECIPHER! OF HOW THEY! THOSE MEN! GOT TO START A NEW GAME! lol ^o^

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 09:08 PM

I'M STILL WAAAY TO HYPER!!!!
Posted by: arnie

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 09:12 PM

OK, from the clues in the screenshots, what can we work out so far? It looks like the villagers have built a raft (they were either the group that left in the VV2 event or another group). From the storm in the second picture I'd say they get shipwrecked on the north shore of Isola. Since the game in the first pic has only just been started, they must have found the castle, or fort, or whatever it is, and started to clean it up so they can live in it. All seven villagers (adults) are in view in the screenshot so they don't have any kids right at the start. From the bamboo used to patch holes in the "fort's" walls, and lying on the ground, the builders use that as a material. If they need the shelter of a "fort", does that mean there are dangerous animals or possibly enemy tribes about?

Any more deductions?
Posted by: Jazzo

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 09:47 PM

Oooo, looks cool
Posted by: biddy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 10:08 PM

THAT is fantastic!!!!!!!!!
And there is something spilt on the floor near the table!
There appear to be 2 openings from the fenced in area and a path way at the bottom of the screen!
Can't wait to play it - PLEASE Carla and Arthur keep working on it!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 10:15 PM

Could be oil
Posted by: SpecialPrincess

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 10:39 PM

Oh my gosh!!!

Now I have this GREAT idea brewing for a fanfic - I'd better get working on it so it comes out before VV3!! \:D ;\)

Edit - I just went to the status bar on virtualvillagers.com and saw the picture of the 7 villagers cleaning up the mess, but this time Ema was 'curious about this room'...

\:D \:D \:D

Also, that gold plague thingy keeps catching my eye - wonder if it's anything special or just a decoration?
Posted by: Tmac

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 11:09 PM

yes arnie , why do they need a fort ?
who are they afraid of ? \:8
i had a dream about VV3 , that you had to solve one of the puzzles or another tribe came and kidnapped your villagers \:8
OMG !! maybe this is starting to get like "LOST" ???
Posted by: Whimsey

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/07/08 11:35 PM

Oh, I can see I'm going to be Very Busy soon! I loooove the the screenshots--they really tantilize. The second one looks like they're fishing & a storm comes up. That building looks very intricate. No hints or help for me this time! Its going to be fun figuring out new puzzles.
Posted by: loki is sorry!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 12:20 AM

hi
Originally Posted By: tmac
yes arnie , why do they need a fort ?
who are they afraid of ? \:8
i had a dream about VV3 , that you had to solve one of the puzzles or another tribe came and kidnapped your villagers \:8
OMG !! maybe this is starting to get like "LOST" ???

i drempt exactly the same thing!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 12:30 AM

Arnie, in the screenshot of the raft in the storm; there is a child holding on to an adult.

The child/children must be off gathering mushrooms or gathering eggs from the chickens. \:\)

Oh, Arnie, it sure is nice seeing you again.
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 12:48 AM

My goodness! My goodness!
A screen shot I've seen!
And does this game start
with a storm on the sea?

A fortress! A fortress!
A fortress it seems,
is what we will have
in villagers 3!

But why do we need it?
I must stop to ask.
Do you think that just maybe
wild animals we'll have?

Oh I like the new outfits,
and collectibles stayed!
This means the children
will work as they play!

We thank you Queen Carla
for posting these shots.
Though the questions unanswered
are still quite a lot.

But if all the clues
were more than a hint,
then who'd bother playing?
I think this is fit!

Oh my the anticipation doth grow
But soon we will have it
and then we'll all know,
just what great new secrets
and surprises await.
Oh dear please do hurry
I really can't wait!
Posted by: *Erica*

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 12:52 AM

ok, that pic looks so awezome!!!!!!! i cant wait!!!
Posted by: Tobycat

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 02:26 AM

WOW...the pics are marvelous! To me it looks like the villagers have landed on a different part of the Island and have come upon a castle that was apparently ransacked at some time (the broken table, the spilled liquid) What happened to the people that used to live there? And who did this, and are they still on the Island? This looks like great fun, is it Spring yet?? ;\)
Posted by: HelloWorld!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 02:31 AM

....wonder what the place looks like clean.Ah well,at least there is pics.
Posted by: Britney

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 02:42 AM

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOO EXITED!!!!
* Goes "JUMPY!" like the kids in VV2*
Posted by: TheGnome

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 04:10 AM

MEGA WOW!!!!!! I'm impressed \:\) \:\)
Cant wait for VV3. What other surprises can we expect? Way to go!!
Posted by: sherri

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 04:12 AM

Oh my!!
Posted by: Houjun

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 05:36 AM

First off, thank you Carla for putting these up! These are such excellent pictures and seeing these have certainly put me in a better mood today. \:\) I really like the new looks of the villagers and the background. \:\)

Now, what can these pictures tell us? Arnie does have an excellent point. The first picture certainly does appear to be a room in a makeshift fort. There appears to be something like a chimney in this room and it seems like there is oil or paint or some other strange looking liquid on the ground... Now if this is a fort, why are they building it? Are they afraid of another tribe, or wild animals, or something else (maybe something with a magical element?)?

As for the second picture, (and I'm already surprised no one has mentioned it) what is with those faces in the wind/clouds to the left of the raft? It looks like a male and female are blowing the raft to the right but they're looking to the left. Hmmm....

Oh well, we're just going to have to wait and find out when it comes out! I can't wait! \:\)
Posted by: Becca123

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 06:34 AM

I am so excited about this...If only there was one more screenshot but It might spoil it a bit. Are they going to change the taskbar (the thingy with the techpoints, food, pop, and all the buttons) i noticed it is exactly the same as vv2's taskbar.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 08:03 AM

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm
Arnie, in the screenshot of the raft in the storm; there is a child holding on to an adult.

The child/children must be off gathering mushrooms or gathering eggs from the chickens. \:\)

Oh, Arnie, it sure is nice seeing you again.

Nice to see you, too, QS. \:\)

The first screenshot shows the number of villagers as seven on the summary, and all seven are visible - no kids, all adults.
Posted by: AndreaD

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 09:06 AM

That Is. Awesome!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 11:51 AM

Originally Posted By: Becca123
Are they going to change the taskbar (the thingy with the techpoints, food, pop, and all the buttons) i noticed it is exactly the same as vv2's taskbar.

Yes, the whole UI is the same, right down to the mask. I guess that the new one is still being developed. I seem to remember that the early screenshots of VV2 'borrowed' VV1's interface in the same way.
Posted by: Terina

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By: arnie

The first screenshot shows the number of villagers as seven on the summary, and all seven are visible - no kids, all adults.

Well weve all had the event where the strongest build a raft and go in search of the old village. so these are probably that group of *strongest* that took off and found a new place.

And anyone notice in the second picture there is acually two children, one small child holding onto the female and the other female is cradling an infant. and that guy beside her oh man that cracked me up he looks positively giddy to be tossed around by that nasty storm. the others look scared to death, but hes smiling and laughing.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 04:24 PM

I think the artist was given a particular scene to depict, without knowing all the exact details. I don't think we can rely too much on the details of that pic. In the intro to VV2 he shows the lost kids and the villagers who fell down the waterfall meeting and one of the kids is carrying a spear.
Posted by: Caristiona

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 05:58 PM

SWEET!!!!!!! screenies = gaming goodness OMG I can't WAIT!!!!!
Posted by: Midnightgypsy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 07:10 PM

SO can I start drooling and begging for more now?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 08:22 PM

Ema has the same colour hair as me brown \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 10:00 PM

Are they going to change the taskbar (the thingy with the techpoints, food, pop, and all the buttons) i noticed it is exactly the same as vv2's taskbar.

Yes, the whole UI is the same, right down to the mask. I guess that the new one is still being developed. I seem to remember that the early screenshots of VV2 'borrowed' VV1's interface in the same way.

Yes, Arnie is correct! \:\)
Posted by: sfrose

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/08/08 10:00 PM

The "Collections" button is on the screen, so it looks like that will continue to be part of the game!

I'm willing to wait as long as needed since that will mean giving the LDW crew as much time as needed for the best game possible! But that doesn't mean that I'm not looking forward to playing VV3!
Posted by: Vict0ria

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 03:12 AM

THAT IS SOOOOO COOL! Know whats even cooler? One of my suggestions was to have RUINS!!!! And a boat!!! SO COOL! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!! WOOT!
Posted by: keri

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 04:14 AM

It could be I am just seeing things but if you look between the girl in the white dress and the boy in the brown suspender outfit where the wall is darker, it appears there is a drawing of a fish and what could be some other animal.
Posted by: Gamemastr1

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 04:49 AM

Obi visits VV3 but it was for only a short moment. The powers of The Ancient Mosaic didn't want him to stay too long. Poor Obi.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 04:54 AM

I had to look around before I could see him. \:D Then I look up, and OH! there he is!!! I guess it's true what they say 'Nobody ever looks up.'

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 05:35 AM

well, when Obi transports somewhere, he is always up high and in a precarious location. \:D
Posted by: Rockmower

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 05:44 AM

LOL! Gamey you're too funny!

Obi did visit
in villagers 3.
If they looked up
the new tribe would flee!

Thank goodness they didn't
so all will be well,
but Obi did like it,
he thought it was swell!
Posted by: $@m

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 06:47 AM

OK, from the clues in the screenshots, what can we work out so far? It looks like the villagers have built a raft (they were either the group that left in the VV2 event or another group). From the storm in the second picture I'd say they get shipwrecked on the north shore of Isola. Since the game in the first pic has only just been started, they must have found the castle, or fort, or whatever it is, and started to clean it up so they can live in it. All seven villagers (adults) are in view in the screenshot so they don't have any kids right at the start. From the bamboo used to patch holes in the "fort's" walls, and lying on the ground, the builders use that as a material. If they need the shelter of a "fort", does that mean there are dangerous animals or possibly enemy tribes about?

Any more deductions?

I think your are write about the enemy tribes. Remember we found out in VV2 that the tribe that had been there before had left to seek out the first tribe? What if they came back to that tribe and started attacking them and those seven villagers escaped! Then they were washed ashore on the north part of the island and they found the fort and started to rebuild it in order to stay safe!
Posted by: gamefanatic

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 08:29 AM

I find all these speculations very droll! Bottom line is.....LDW are not going to give anything away, nor should they! I love surprises.... but speculate on guys....it makes such interesting reading. Like the rest of you I await the game release with baited breath.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 12:14 PM

i love surprises too ;\)
Posted by: Deathwing

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 02:22 PM

Sweet I can not wait to see more shots \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 02:47 PM

* meditating* VV3 Oooomm Must Be A Paiteint Grasshoper OOoooommm
Posted by: Village Idiot Jr

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 03:13 PM

awesome pic!!!!!
Posted by: Justine199

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 07:44 PM

Has anyone else noticed the pitcher plant from PT? I always love it when all the LDW games tie together somehow. Like the fertility fish in VV1, the other fish in VV2, etc. I hope other PT plants make it in to the game graphics! Thanks for posting those previews, Carla. VV3 already looks leaps and bounds more beautiful than either VV1 or VV2 and I loved those!
Posted by: bansheemourning

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 10:01 PM

Well, I agree with most of what is being suggested, but I don't think we should have any day or night, or toilets & showers. I do think that the island could use a change of scenery, & maybe a storyline that accompanies it. also, I think moms should get more points, but after 1 yr of nursing, then they should have the option of putting the kid in a daycare. Give bonus tech pts for home nursing the last yr & 1/2 as much for daycare. I also think kids should be able to do something other than collect. How about this: after "teaching" them to pick mushrooms & stuff (maybe 5-10 times of dragging them) they do it on their own. Also let them learn skills that way. for example babysitting for parenting pts, gathering herbs-medicine, etc. And how about another way to build health like relaxing or hospital. And more ways to make research points, like documenting tribes history on scrolls, that way you don't have so many people at one table. I would also like to see more incidents, animal encounters (ood & bad), things washing ashore, weather, etc. How about a side taskbar that scroll up & down to get info instead of seperate screens. Or display bars of villager you are clicked on at bottom of screen. I would also like to see more puzzles that are varied from the last to VV. Maybe discovering other tribes or another part of the island or something. Just a few hints, cause I love these games! P.S.- I love the chickens & eggs idea!
Posted by: Rainbowlady333

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/09/08 11:39 PM

Most definitely looking forward to it!!! \:\) Meanwhile I still have my VV2 Rainbow tribe to look to .... why can't they light their own fires? LOLOL
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/10/08 02:23 AM

YAYYY!!! I'm offline for over a week during a computer upgrade and what do I find on my return? VV3 is coming \:D \:D \:D !!!

GREAT pics \:\) !
Posted by: Kristalia

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/10/08 03:14 AM

Collections button oooooOOOOOoooo wonder what we will be collecting ^_^

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/10/08 05:46 AM

\:D Gamey, is Obi on the Enterprise? That looks like the transporter!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/10/08 03:53 PM

Gamey! LOl

Also my Dad wants you to put Obi On The Enterprise He's a mad Star Terk fan \:D
Posted by: TigerLilly21

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/10/08 07:15 PM

I hope that there is more to the village than whats in the pics I can't imagine playing out an entire VV game inside a fort or building or whatever that is. It would be awsome if at some point in time in the VV saga all the villages got back together and you could tavel from one to the other. It would also be awsome if there were more villagers at the beginning of the game and when you breed them the parents are not only listed but make it so the kids cant breed with there parents or direct siblings the incest in this game is a bit creepy.
Posted by: samcutie567

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/11/08 12:56 PM

I cannot wait for more!
Posted by: MochaJew

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/11/08 11:08 PM

Awesome, truly awesome. And I love the faces blowing the raft. Could these be the faces of the "Guilding Hand?" Inside the "castle" or "fort", is that a bench I see. Does this mean the villiagers will sit down and take their meals together. If so, I love it. I am so looking forward to VV3's release. But if the release date is in April, I will have to wait until May to enjoy the game. My hubby will be home on R&R and we will be on a "second honeymoon." Congrats to LDW for a job well done.
Posted by: Crazy VV3 Fan

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 05:25 AM

All I can say is one thing: OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! \:D lol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 05:44 AM

Any more deductions?

The group seem to have moved further into the woods or could even be mountain ranges? Maybe the shelter is needed not only from dangerous animals or enmeies, but even a drastic change in weather? More storms, prehaps?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 09:03 AM

Just imagine if there were two Obis, Obi One and Obi Two, and then there was a third Obi who was the first Obi's cousin, the third Obi would be Obi One's kin Obi.

*dodges rotten vegetables*

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 12:42 PM

"Obie One's kin Obie" Too funny! You get extra clicks for that.
Posted by: poottersmama

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 04:42 PM

It does look like the villagers that sailed off of the island. It also looks as if one of them is holding one of those treasures that the others had tried to get rid of. I do believe they are on a boat but what is chasing them in the clouds? I sure hope we get some exciting answers and adventures this time around. All the build up has to go somewhere.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: poottersmama
It does look like the villagers that sailed off of the island. It also looks as if one of them is holding one of those treasures that the others had tried to get rid of. I do believe they are on a boat but what is chasing them in the clouds? I sure hope we get some exciting answers and adventures this time around. All the build up has to go somewhere.

I would agree that the group on the raft just might be the group of adults that left the children behind in VV2. I like to think that the "Faces" are the "Guiding Hand," leading them to safey and not chasing them. But again, it is just a guess. But I believe that like the group on the raft, we are in for an exciting ride

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 07:59 PM

In old paintings you'll often see the winds personified as faces in the clouds blowing ships along. They often appear like that as decorations on old maps as well. I think that's what's intended here.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 08:17 PM

If you look closer, the water is calm beyond the crude sailing vessel.

Maybe the faces are the gods/godesses of the island/area. These gods/godesses might be trying to keep the group from landing on their soil.
Posted by: SupernaturalJem

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/12/08 11:06 PM

Do those faces in the wind/water tie into Mythology? LOL. Posideon/Neptune perhaps?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 01:23 AM

In old paintings you'll often see the winds personified as faces in the clouds blowing ships along. They often appear like that as decorations on old maps as well. I think that's what's intended here.

True. It was believed that these 'faces' were G-d, or 'holy watchers' i.e the fallen angels from the time of the Flood or the gods and goddesses of Greek myth. I'd used them in my tapestry work from time to time.
Posted by: funnyface

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 04:03 AM

Wow! I can't wait! It looks awesome!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 12:18 PM

Originally Posted By: SupernaturalJem
Do those faces in the wind/water tie into Mythology? LOL. Posideon/Neptune perhaps?

Not so much Poseidon/Neptune as the gods of the winds, in Greek, the Anemoi. The main ones were Boreas (North Wind), Notus (South), Eurus (East) and Zephyrus (West). The Roman gods had different names but were similar. See Wikipedia if you are interested.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 05:04 PM

Thanks Arnie, your a dear. I was looking for this information without much sucess.
Mocha

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 07:24 PM

Thanks Arnie. I knew this but had another senior moment (psst, they last longer and longer.) \:\)
Posted by: Emms

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 07:39 PM

wow looks great, i can't wait to play it.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/13/08 09:08 PM

I forgot about the wind gods LOL.
Posted by: emri

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/14/08 06:52 AM

looks like loads of fun.Hope you can play with windows me updated to home xp.i have trouble with some games.love vv1 and vv2.i am a widow and the little people are like a little family to me.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/14/08 08:30 PM

I was looking at the picture again. I could be wrong, but could it be that the villiages will be going in and out of the castle/fort? (by the way I love castles). If so, that means more adventures and maybe meaning and/or interacting with other tribes. Another guess. Could the closet/chimmy be attached to a wall of the cave in VV1. Or maby one of the many chamblers inside the cave itself? Inquiring minds what to know....
Posted by: xman

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/15/08 09:25 AM

I wonder if my ideas about seasons and villagers with growing hair will be in game...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/15/08 04:33 PM

You'll have to wait until it's ready for your answers, xman. LDW won't give out any inside information.

If we're really lucky, there might be a couple more screenshots.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/15/08 04:59 PM

Originally Posted By: MochaJew
I was looking at the picture again. I could be wrong, but could it be that the villiages will be going in and out of the castle/fort? (by the way I love castles). If so, that means more adventures and maybe meaning and/or interacting with other tribes. Another guess. Could the closet/chimmy be attached to a wall of the cave in VV1. Or maby one of the many chamblers inside the cave itself? Inquiring minds what to know....

i love castles too, maybe that's because of lions or tigers, i rather hope it is tigers cause im a big fan of the Lion King series

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/15/08 09:14 PM

It'd be neat if the villagers found an abandoned white tiger cub and kept it as a pet. LOL. He could defend them against any other wild animals.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/15/08 09:40 PM

Or a white lion club. Name him Kimba (after the cartoon)
Posted by: gwyneth359

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/16/08 04:48 AM

very nice can't wait to play
Posted by: libesh_666666

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/16/08 05:48 AM

i think they wash up and they find a castle/fort they clean-up and live in
Posted by: fjf

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/16/08 02:08 PM

I hope the villagers can be Teachers for the children in the school and when the villagers are sick they can actually have to stay in the hospital whilst sick. I can't wait for VV3 to be released.
Posted by: Mackenzie

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/17/08 12:32 AM

I wonder if you can go inside the villagers houses and rearange them all!( I Hope !!!!)
Posted by: emri

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/17/08 08:49 AM

I think they are building larger huts,maybe all they have is bamboo to build the huts.
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/18/08 07:18 PM

i love the pics. so so purdy. so...so...bold \:D love um.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/18/08 07:32 PM

And a very nice tease....
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/22/08 05:05 AM

I keep looking at the screen shot and trying to grab the screen and move over into the next section! Then I have to fight off tears as I realize I have to wait months to do that for real! Talk about suspense!
Posted by: squawky

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/22/08 07:38 PM

Ooo...very excited for VV3 now! (More than before, if that's even possible!) The raft art is really interesting...most of the villagers seem really worried, but one guy (right front) seems to be having fun. Maybe its his fault the wind gods are blowing the raft around?

Still can't wait \:\) -- thank you for the preview!
Posted by: Darian

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/22/08 08:23 PM

I'm ridiculously excited! I can't wait for the game. I didn't know there were forums when I got VV1. But I found them while waiting for VV2 and it was even more fun to play the game and be part of this community. I'm not surprised this game draws such nice people and that the LDW crew is so friendly and fun.
Posted by: Krystal

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/23/08 02:41 AM

YAY!

PREVIEWS!!

(This is one good thing that comes of my disappearance... I get surprises upon my return!)
Posted by: shidera2

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/24/08 10:26 PM

OMG!!! I CAN'T WAIT FOR IT TO COME OUT!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/25/08 04:05 AM

there are 8 adults one is on top of fire place but keeps dissapering.Kewl

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/25/08 04:08 AM

The picture with the disappearing person is a graphic made by Gamemastr1, not an actual preview.
That's Obi on top of the fireplace, the star of the awesome stories that Gamemastr1 has thought of!
Posted by: heatherndan

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/25/08 08:40 PM

Can't wait, is it almost done?
Posted by: XayAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/26/08 10:36 AM

*stares longingly at the previews, then makes puppydog eyes at the LDW team*

*sighs quietly and stares more*

Soon...soon...soooooooon! *giggles*
Posted by: jlb67

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/26/08 12:38 PM

I agree with TigerLilly21 about the incest in the game, i have always tried to breed non siblings in my game. The screen shot is great, i cant wait for VV3 to come out.... It will be good to have different things for children to acheive before they get to a certain age, depending on what they learn goes on to be what they can do as adults maybe?? Any how enjoyed both VV games so far & waiting patiently for VV3 \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/26/08 06:58 PM

Did anyone else think that in the shot of them on the raft, the 'tail' of the cloud the faces are in appears to be coming from an island or something? There's a dark shape in the distance.
Posted by: LuCkY6059

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/27/08 07:00 PM

The previews look awesome! I can't wait!
Posted by: Veggieman

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/29/08 08:28 PM

Hi, from Veggieman, I am losing my patience for VV3.

I wish we could start with more people, more food, and more tech points.

I wish they could gain experience at a faster rate.

I wish they could build housing faster, and have more so we could get Master builders faster.

Have a Super Day,

The Veggieman

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 02/29/08 09:31 PM

Wow, Veggieman, you sure wish for a lot. Do you wish to play or have it done for you?

My wish: VV3 is bigger and better than its predecessors and that it is not the end of VV games.
Posted by: Village_Monk

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/01/08 12:52 AM

Looks great, can't wait to play the next installment of this award winning series.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/01/08 04:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Krystal
Did anyone else think that in the shot of them on the raft, the 'tail' of the cloud the faces are in appears to be coming from an island or something? There's a dark shape in the distance.

You've got some good eyes Krystal! \:D

I hadn't noticed it until you mentioned something but yes, that does look like it's coming from an island.... Isola maybe? Or a different island?
Posted by: computer3gold

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/01/08 04:08 PM

I just noticed this.

Posted by: gable875

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/01/08 04:27 PM

OH the screen shots are great!! and what a teaser!!
Every time I see them I get more excited for spring to come!!

Hurry up Spring!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/01/08 06:01 PM

Originally Posted By: gable875
OH the screen shots are great!! and what a teaser!!
Every time I see them I get more excited for spring to come!!

Hurry up Spring!!!!

Me too, Gable.. I've been playing VV1 and VV2 lately just because I can't stand the wait, lol.
Posted by: Airstream Raider

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/02/08 04:06 AM

i want VV3. wheres obi when you need him? hes a good sign poster \:D
Posted by: Catman51

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/03/08 09:04 PM

Looks really beautiful! Can't wait either!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/03/08 09:06 PM

Originally Posted By: computer3gold
I just noticed this.

umm i think thats a table not a wall....

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/03/08 09:08 PM

The arrow right next to the word "wall" is pointing to something that appears to be a wall in the room. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/03/08 09:11 PM

oops my bad i just relized u were pointing at the wall.... SOrry!!
Posted by: Rachel =]

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/04/08 01:09 AM

VV3- I cant wait!
Posted by: Keenyha

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/05/08 03:48 PM

WHEN, WHERE, WHAT???? I WANT IT NOWWWWWW!!!!PLEASE, CARLA, TELL ME WHEN WE CAN PLAY THIS NEW.
Posted by: LadyCFIIAdministrator

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/05/08 03:49 PM

Spring 2008 is when VV3 will be released. We can't be more specific than that yet. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/05/08 03:55 PM

OH, SPRING IN USA, IS...MARCH-APRIL? BECAUSE I'M IN BUENOS AIRES, AND HERE SPRING IS IN SEPTEMBER.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/05/08 04:09 PM

Yes, Spring in the US, which starts in late March and ends in late June. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/05/08 04:31 PM

Thank you, LadyCFII. I will waiting for the game! \:D
Posted by: Lailai

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/06/08 06:52 AM

WOW! i can't wait!
Posted by: littlewindbird

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/06/08 07:04 AM

has anyone else done this? Im looking at the screenshot for VV3 and I clicked on it trying to move a charactor..LoL. Cant wait!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/06/08 03:45 PM

Originally Posted By: littlewindbird
has anyone else done this? Im looking at the screenshot for VV3 and I clicked on it trying to move a charactor..LoL. Cant wait!

Yesss!!! and I tried to drag over so I could see more, but alas, it is just a still frame. \:\(

WHAT DO WE WANT?
VV3
WHEN DO WE WANT IT?
NOW!

\:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o \:\) \:D \:\) \:o

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/06/08 06:50 PM

Ha I did that too. I felt like such a dork when I relized what i had just tried to do.
Posted by: Dianthus

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/06/08 09:39 PM

Quote:
... the gods of the winds, in Greek, the Anemoi.

Which is where we get our word "animate" - from Greek through Latin - and the idea of "the breath of life".

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/07/08 03:32 AM

Gamey, if u had the same pic with no villagers in it. Could u use masking and animate it so it's like someone playing?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/07/08 04:25 AM

I probably could. \:D
Posted by: Britney

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/07/08 04:32 PM

Is Little Obi in the game? I hope so!
Posted by: Sparkle

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/07/08 09:25 PM

O.M.G I can't wait to play this new game! Seems so fun!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/07/08 09:31 PM

I think they should have it so that they can get married and fall in love with only one person on V.V3. It would also be cool if you could interact more with the children. For example, play marbles with them or teach them yourself.
Posted by: VVFanatic

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/08/08 01:02 AM

Oh I can't wait until VV3 comes out !!!!!
\:o \:\)
Posted by: halidog

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/08/08 06:21 PM

Not to be rude, but just in case you didn't know, you can post that on the VV3 suggestions page

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/08/08 10:09 PM

How do U do that? Sorry but I'm new here.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/08/08 10:14 PM

In the Developer Feedback forum, you will find a topic for VV3 suggestions. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/08/08 11:34 PM

Is it just me, or does it look like "Ema", and the girl standing next to her have leaves in their hair?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 05:59 AM

Is it just me, or does it look like "Ema", and the girl standing next to her have leaves in their hair?

It seems like that to me as well. Quite the interesting fashion statement there. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 03:55 PM

I don't know???? When I put the image in my software and zoomed in on it, I mean really zoomed in, they looked like curlers. Now I don't know what a bunch of stranded islanders are doing with green curlers.. I would think they would be using twigs from a tree or fish bones or something. \:D

I guess we have to wait so we can see the profile and get a better look. I hope they can wash them out. \:8 I would hate for my villagers to be unconcerned with their appearance that they would go around life with leaves in their hair.
Posted by: Kryzma116

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 04:10 PM

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
Yes, Spring in the US, which starts in late March and ends in late June. \:\)

Thank you!

(Wish I could meet you in person to chat, after it has been released and I complete my first game! - - - Who better to share your experience with?)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 06:37 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamemastr1
...I would hate for my villagers to be unconcerned with their appearance that they would go around life with leaves in their hair.
No, see, what I was thinking was that they were cleaning up and got leaves in their hair while working. And if that's the case, then perhaps there is a way to get rid of the leaves. See my logic?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 06:41 PM

well, yes. I would hope that was the case. But once again, we will need to wait for the game \:\( in order to to see what is actually in her hair. \:D
Posted by: Diversity

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 07:00 PM

I am so excited for the new game!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/09/08 10:07 PM

I had to go back to the screenshots to see about the "rollers". LOL. After looking at the shot, I've come to the conclusion that it is a flower/leaf in her hair. No matter where a girl is; she always wants to look good.
Posted by: popcornlover

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/10/08 07:33 AM

I'm still trying to figure out why people are trying to impose Western morality on the villagers... What is all this about having them be married? It's a newly formed society and won't necessarily reflect our own laws. Let them be who they will be.
Posted by: eyeshigh

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/10/08 08:13 AM

Here here!

I agree completely.

Not to mention it would probably be a coding nightmare.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/10/08 11:07 AM

Originally Posted By: popcornlover
I'm still trying to figure out why people are trying to impose Western morality on the villagers... What is all this about having them be married? It's a newly formed society and won't necessarily reflect our own laws. Let them be who they will be.
I absolutely agree!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/10/08 05:44 PM

Why don't you post that in vv3 suggestions, where it is better suited?
Posted by: 30Flames3

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/11/08 10:57 PM

they're just letting their imaginations run wild halidog \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/12/08 12:56 PM

In any case, it's really too late for more suggestions for VV3, given that it's 80% complete. Popcornlover's post was not a suggestion, anyway, it was a comment on other posts, both in this and the VV3 suggestions thread.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 02:46 PM

More screenshots coming

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 03:11 PM

Ooh!

They're in a cave! Shades of VV1 to VV2!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 03:48 PM

CARLA!!!!!

OMG, these are so inticing. I'm ready to plan vacation time for the release. \:\)

Arnie, do you think it might be another cave that is a link to VV1 or to VV4. There just has got to be a 4 because this game and story is just so exciting and has lots of fans.
Posted by: TheVillageIdiot

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 03:53 PM

Hmmm, I don't think it is a cave. It appears they are in some sort of ancient structure. Very intriguing! WOW 8\)
Posted by: MamaSheets

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 04:00 PM

An ancient structure certainly would be a nice twist to the story considering the last ancient structure the villagers reconstructed didn't have a roof. LOL Just kidding but it would be interesting.
I wish they would be more specific about the release. Spring 2008 starts next week. Do I sound eager? LOL I am. I love Virtual Villagers.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 04:04 PM

WOW and progress is up to 90%!!

Preview Link

Sweeeeeeeeeet

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 05:00 PM

Warren, you're correct; it does look like some type of structure. On the well-lit shot, it appears to have some type of brick or wood on the left-hand side.

Ninety percent -- 90% -- dances around desk. ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 06:16 PM

Ooooh!! It looks like an underpass!!
Posted by: Toxik

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 07:15 PM

Looks like the writing on the vine covered wall in VV2...
The villagers look interested in something out of sight on the right. \:o

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 07:23 PM

Yeah, it looks like they are reading a scrol. Must be good reading!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 08:09 PM

it looks like an ancient tomb and a treasure map !!!
looks sorts of like egyptian hieroglyphics????
90% !!!!!!!!!!! yahooooooooo!!!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 08:24 PM

Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot
Yeah, it looks like they are reading a scrol. Must be good reading!

Yes, it does. They look quite shocked at what they're reading, as well.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 08:33 PM

They look like young teenagers that are interesting whats written on the cave wall and a young girl on the lift reading the ancient writing.
Posted by: Jonesy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 08:44 PM

LOL I did too, I can not wait to play VV3

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 11:09 PM

The well-lit room appears to be underground -- look at the two roots on the right.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/13/08 11:16 PM

What if, what if, what if, *forumers shout "GET ON WITH IT!!"*
What if the underground bit is through the mosaic?!? The spot you get the 'metal piece' ( ;\) ) from!!
Posted by: Jenmarenc

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 03:00 AM

Since they are up to 90% now I wonder when beta testing will begin.....*claps hands*

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 12:00 PM

I don't think LDW announces that beta testing has begun does it? Other than to the beta testers themselves, that is. ;\) It might be going on now. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 01:12 PM

LadyCFII said last week that beta testing never started a 90%, but said it usually does someplace between 95 and 100%. 8\) So with that I must assume beta testing has not yet started.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 08:18 PM

But what if they don't post a new completion percentage? What if they leave it at 90 or 93? Then we will never know if it is in beta.

Saving my soda bottles for the payment of VV3. Let's see who understands.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 08:25 PM

Well Margi, you will only need to collect 190 soda bottles for payement. ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 09:39 PM

Does beta testing start at 100%? How long does beta testing usually take? Can't wait!! So exited!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 09:40 PM

We don't know for sure. All we know is it happens someplace between 95 and 100%.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 09:44 PM

oh, thanx! I hope it doesn't take too much longer.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 10:45 PM

I just realised what they are looking at its a scroll a parchment paper the young villagers are looking at. That what it looks like.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 11:23 PM

Wow, Warren, where are you.

When we had returnable bottles in Philly, you got 2 cents on a 16 oz and a nickel on a quart bottle.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/14/08 11:32 PM

Well in Colorado many moons ago, I was thinking the deposit was 10 cent's, but I could be wrong. And I'm thinking Michigan still has the 10 cent deposit. I'm from Indian. They let us throw them out he car window. :(.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/15/08 02:41 AM

LOL. Did you throw them out the window?
Posted by: popcornlover

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/16/08 06:04 PM

How could I become a beta tester for VV3?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/16/08 06:16 PM

Look here for a discussion about beta testing. You should pay particular attention to my reply in that thread. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/16/08 09:47 PM

90%.. agh! So excited! \:\)
Posted by: layol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/17/08 12:52 AM

he, i noticed in third pic, in the bottom left corner, there appears o be a sword? mabye a teaser to past wild animals and enemy tribes???

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/17/08 04:44 AM

I don't know but I think it is a wooden ladder. It doesn't appear to be a sword to me and I would be willing to bet my LDW Forum Title of Graphic Wizard there are no enemy tribes. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/17/08 01:02 PM

Originally Posted By: QuickStorm
LOL. Did you throw them out the window?

Nope, not me. \:\) But I seem to follow alot of trashy peeps, trying to get less trashy, if you know what I mean. \:\(
Posted by: LadyMaynard

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/18/08 09:39 AM

I always seem to be a day late and a dollar short. Just visiting the forum again for the first time in a couple of months and noticed this. Are you guys doing a beta? Can I play?

Let me know...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/18/08 04:54 PM

The sword could be used to hunt for food not just for fighting.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/18/08 05:01 PM

Don't they cut some stuff with spears in VV2? ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/18/08 05:31 PM

But I really do not think it is a sword and this is why I say it is a ladder:

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/18/08 05:44 PM

Well, when you blow it up like that, I can't agrue with ya! 8\)
Posted by: breakfrommundane

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/18/08 10:53 PM

I agree its either a ladder, or a piece of fencing...
Posted by: JulieAnn

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/19/08 09:44 AM

So, I work in television and film, and I pay close attention to continuity...

On the screen-shot of the "bamboo room" there is a large shadow lying directly across the "bamboo wall" (top Left of screen) from the outside. that's not working for me.. it should either be hitting the wall from the outside, and not showing on the inside... OR it should be hitting the top of the wall from above and angling down (judging from other shadows in the room..)

Right?

Other than that.. LOVE IT!

Oh and also,
I bet something REALLY cool happens when the villagers repair that broken something in the "Chimney"...
Cant wait cant wait cant wait!
But of course.. there is probably one small piece missing, and Obi finds it in his dirty sock as the last puzzle.. and it haunts us all day and night trying to find it. \:\)

=)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/19/08 08:12 PM

Looks like an anker to me, but you could be right GAMEY

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/19/08 08:15 PM

Originally Posted By: JulieAnn
So, I work in television and film, and I pay close attention to continuity...

On the screen-shot of the "bamboo room" there is a large shadow lying directly across the "bamboo wall" (top Left of screen) from the outside. that's not working for me..

hehehe, I know what you mean, but I've found that most gammers "artists" take a lot of artistic license when the do this stuff. 8\) You'll find that kind of stuff on just about every game.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/19/08 09:14 PM

Off-topic:

Originally Posted By: TheVillageIdiot
Only Real LDW fan's play LPP \:D

real LDW fan's play LPP huh,

Only Village Idiots don't know how to use apostrophes \:D

lolol, I'm just playin, Mr. SPCV members are 0's and 1's

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/19/08 09:26 PM

Apostrophes? I can't even say that word, much less know what it means. LOL ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/19/08 09:56 PM

thats not artistic license... drawing the shadow in the shape of a lions head or something would be license.. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/20/08 05:22 PM

Okay so I have a theory.... Carla puts out a new screen shot about every 2 weeks. So in another week and a half we will get another one. HINT HINT!!!!!!!!! \:D
Posted by: layol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/20/08 08:25 PM

mabye your right.... mabye its a scroll??? im trying to figure out.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/20/08 08:52 PM

Okay, what I see is (warning, I'm going to be Lady Points-Out-the-Obvious-a-Lot... whew, that's long) a villager looking at something written on a wall that appears to be in an underground cavern... she's using a torch.
On the other side, it also looks like they are underground, but maybe not so deep, because there is light coming down through...somewhere. They are reading a scroll, that apparently is very interesting.
I'm noting something in the middle of the picture, at the bottom... like a medallion or something. \:\?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/21/08 12:12 AM

Spring 2008 is when VV3 will be released. We can't be more specific than that yet. \:\)

Well, it's already Spring now here in the US! \:\/

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/21/08 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Crazy VV2 Fan

Today it is \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/21/08 12:21 AM

And Spring is 3 months long. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/21/08 03:32 AM

Darn!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/21/08 04:15 AM

And Spring is 3 months long. \:\)

*sigh* Well, we can always hope that it will appear within the first one-third... okay, okay, the first two-thirds of Spring. \:D
Posted by: Fish Kid

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/22/08 03:30 PM

IT LOOKS SO COOL!
Posted by: kyle24

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/23/08 02:58 PM

nice carla I hope thats part of vv3? if it is we know one thing its going to be a great game.
Posted by: Keza132

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/23/08 06:14 PM

It looks amazing!! Can't wait to play!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/24/08 05:12 PM

I am getting beyond excited for this game to come out!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/24/08 09:08 PM

Patience is the companion of wisdom
- Saint Augustine

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/25/08 04:03 AM

"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!"
- Queen
\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Hannah G

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/25/08 04:49 AM

lol, that's funny.
Posted by: Dooni

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/27/08 09:41 PM

*down on hands n knees begging for another screenshot of VV3*

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/27/08 09:47 PM

How about a pic of the puzzles screen? (uncompleted of course)
Posted by: jennifermadi

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/27/08 10:40 PM

Ooohhh, good idea!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/27/08 11:28 PM

the pics make me really excited!! cant wait!!!
Posted by: VVMeggie

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/28/08 12:26 AM

Seven Villagers Build a raft then go out to sea.Two fall out.The remaining five travel to an island where they make a home.They can't find the two missing villagers.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/28/08 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Jazzo
Originally Posted By: Crazy VV2 Fan

Today it is \:D

Oops, my mistake.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/28/08 07:06 PM

Originally Posted By: AngelGirl
Seven Villagers Build a raft then go out to sea.Two fall out.The remaining five travel to an island where they make a home.They can't find the two missing villagers.

How sad. we cannot have villagers lost at sea, becoming fish food
Posted by: babytee

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/28/08 10:18 PM

But if they had a net to throw out to help the fallen, they can gather him/ her as well as food. then that could be used towards tech points.lol....
Posted by: computer3gold

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/29/08 02:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Carla

It looks almost like a library. I think there are books on the bottom of the picture. They are also reading a scroll maybe from a library. Maybe a burnt or destroyed library.

(It would be cool if somebody read thoses hyroglyphs and they actully ment something related to vv3.)
Posted by: Miyazaki

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/29/08 02:34 PM

When exactly will Virtual Villagers 3 come out ?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/29/08 02:43 PM

"exactly"? in Spring!! \:D
(we don't know more for the moment)
Posted by: Hiwalani

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/29/08 03:34 PM

These are such good pics!Its just making me more excited about the game coming out.Its alreadt 90% done!
Posted by: Bora Kat

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/29/08 08:46 PM

we waiting !!!!!!!!!!!! plz be huury .

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/29/08 10:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Gamemastr1
"I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now!"
- Queen
\:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

I just watch Chaley and The Chocolate Factory. the latest one and you reminded me of Freruka I want it now. So do I want it now yea.
Posted by: (caphat)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/30/08 12:55 AM

wow it looks great can't wait to play it. oh like a big kid i want it now lol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/30/08 03:42 PM

Carla, Do you know when irtual Villagers 3 will come out ?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/30/08 03:44 PM

We are still working on the game and can't say exactly when it will be released. That's why the previews page says Spring 2008. When we get closer and set a release date, we'll announce it in this forum.
Posted by: Akamu

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/30/08 04:14 PM

I love the new heads and clothes! Back when I was new to VV, I always liked to have babies and see heads and clothes and noises that I had never seen before. Now I can do it again!!!! \:\) \:\) \:\) \:\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) \:\? \:D \:D \:D \:D \:o ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/30/08 08:03 PM

What is Virtual Villagers 3 all about ? Do I have to wait ?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 03/31/08 09:48 AM

yeah. jose, just like the rest of us.... sorry, but thats the rule...hehe..( only joking with ya)
Posted by: angshefro

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/01/08 05:09 AM

I am so anxious....when is it being released does anyone know??????

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/01/08 12:42 PM

Go back one page in this thread and look for that very answer from me. \:D
Posted by: Chaitanya

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/01/08 01:13 PM

Please share some more SCREENSHOTS little info abt VV3 \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/02/08 04:19 AM

It would be awesome if they would change the thing that has all the buttons and tech points and Population and food. That would make it totally unique from the others - btw i am so glad there will be a bigger map - wooohoooo!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/02/08 11:10 AM

I'm certain it will change, although probably not by much. The interface for VV2 is different to that for VV1, and I expect that VV3's will be different again. There's no real need to change the basics of the UI. Change for its own sake would only alienate users familiar with VV1 and VV2.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/02/08 05:15 PM

I hope that there are markers on the experience bars so we can see how close a villager is to the next level, how close they are to being an adept or master

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/02/08 06:06 PM

That would be great. Sometimes I swear that bar doesn't move at all!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/02/08 08:56 PM

I agree!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 12:00 AM

Couple more previews.. (we still have to implement some UI changes..)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 12:08 AM

Another new action!!
That looks like a hut or house of some kind in the lower right corner of the first one... and maybe a gateway of some kind a little above it?
And there appears to be a cave or an opening in the rock in the first picture... hmmmm

Veeeery een-ter-estin-k

lol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 12:24 AM

I NEED VV3 !!!!! \:D
carla you are such a tease ! ;\) \:D
i can't wait , omg , what am i to do ???
vv3 does look a lot different then the other 2 !
can't wait for more !
Posted by: Tobycat

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 12:36 AM

Very cool pics! In the second one I can't figure out what Amaca is laying on, is that water, like some kind of a pool?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 12:52 AM

I just love the artwork for this game so far.. its looking fantastic and I can't wait to see more! \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 01:29 AM

Originally Posted By: Tobycat
...In the second one I can't figure out what Amaca is laying on, is that water, like some kind of a pool?
I'm pretty sure that's not water. \:\) I think it's a stone floor of a hospital, but it also looks like there might be make-shift beds made of straw or something.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 09:10 AM

I like the Easter Island-type stone face. He looks very much like the idol in VV1. It's also interesting to see that villagers can now lie down on their backs.
Posted by: s h a k l e

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 03:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Tobycat
...In the second one I can't figure out what Amaca is laying on, is that water, like some kind of a pool?
I'm pretty sure that's not water. \:\) I think it's a stone floor of a hospital, but it also looks like there might be make-shift beds made of straw or something.

Looks like hospital.. All those bottles and stuff.. Cant wait!! \:\?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 09:38 PM

I love the extra detail on the hut in the 2nd picture. And it looks as if they have supplies!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 09:42 PM

First off, thanks for the new screenshots Carla! \:\)

And secondly,

I like the Easter Island-type stone face. He looks very much like the idol in VV1. It's also interesting to see that villagers can now lie down on their backs.

Good points arnie! I was thinking that the stone face looked a bit like those on Easter Island... and then seeing that the villagers can now lie down on their back makes me wonder if they can do any other actions. I can't wait! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 10:18 PM

Yes, there will be many new actions in VV3! \:\)
Posted by: pawpawbailey

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/03/08 10:22 PM

when you coming out VV3 cant wait

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 03:01 AM

The excitement is building. This thread is going to explode tomorrow with all the "I can't waits".
Posted by: shelly4681

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 03:04 AM

The graphics are soooo beautiful, and I love that they can lie on their backs too!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 03:13 AM

YAYYAYYAY!!!!! I NEED IT!!!!
Posted by: Angelxx

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 08:44 AM

95% done

hope it comes out soon \:D
Posted by: Spyrodragooon

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 11:47 AM

I hope it to!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 01:34 PM

You know Arnie, Isloa has always reminded me of Easter Island. Interesting history behind the island; which doesn't include chocolate bunnies or dyed eggs ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 01:40 PM

I love the graphs. Looks like another hosptial and it also appears to be fully stocked ( I hope) It appears the woman is laying on a bed of straw and if I miss my guess, it looks like different type of hut in the background.
Posted by: Flowers

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 06:09 PM

yeah 95 percent maybe it will come out in april or may.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 06:20 PM

Brillent awesome the best has yet to come 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\) 8\)
Posted by: sheeki

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:18 PM

Hello everyone. I am just curious. I see everyone talking about 95% but everywhere I look I still have 90%. Where are you seeing the 95%? Could anyone help because I can't wait for it to be finished.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:21 PM

If you go to this link: Previews are you seeing the 95%?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:24 PM

YAY!!! 95%!!!!!!! YAYYAYYAYYAY!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:28 PM

No. Using the link I still see 90 I see 90% at ldw at vv3 and the previews page.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:31 PM

Try, on the bottom of the page, on right, "Last Day of Work Main Site" then on the top on this page "Preview"

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:34 PM

Nope, laurence that didn't work either but thats just my luck I guess. For now I get to see it only through everyone else's eyes.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:41 PM

Look here, Sheeki.
Picture for you!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:43 PM

That's strange, sheeki!! It's not because of the time zone!! \:\?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:47 PM

Thank you for the picture Krystal and thank you guys for trying to help me figure it out but at least i got to see it. Thanks guys!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:49 PM

You're welcome! Glad I could help.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 07:49 PM

You did!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 08:03 PM

The problem is most likely that your browser has the old page in cache. Press F5 or the Refresh/Reload icon and that should solve the problem.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/04/08 08:20 PM

No that still didn't help but thanks to some wonderful people on this site I was able to see it for myself because of a pictur krystal posted! But thank you all for trying to help me.
Posted by: onionGirl

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Flowers
yeah 95 percent maybe it will come out in april or may.

I duno bout that... it's moved up from 90 to 95% pretty darn quickly... I'll remain extremely optimistic!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 02:42 AM

If you go to this link: Previews are you seeing the 95%?

Sorry, it still says 90%. But your picture helped. Thanks.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 02:44 AM

Check the link in this post, Mocha. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 03:06 AM

Check the link in this post, Mocha. \:\)

I did ;)that's the picture I was referring to. That helped. Thanks,

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 03:08 AM

Oh, I see... when I replied, the post still said something about taking other people's word for it...
Posted by: Sahira

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 05:58 AM

can't wait for vv3!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 08:50 AM

i think i can see a cave and maby part of a door? also the roof of a house

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 10:21 PM

Wow, VV3 totally looks different than the other two. this is so exiting!! \:\)
Posted by: bedbuga

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/05/08 11:01 PM

I'm so excited i could scream!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 03:07 AM

\:D \:D "Can't wait!" *does a little dance* \:D \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 05:40 AM

THANK YOU CARLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Caristiona

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 08:26 AM

*drools over the new screenies* thank you CARLA!!!!!!! with VV3 being 95% , these just make me more impatient to play hehehe. BTW this is a GOOD thing
Posted by: leon13

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 09:27 AM

i cant wait for virtual villagers 3 please post more screenshots

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 07:45 PM

Oh man! The game looks SOOO awesome.. and SOOOOOO beautiful!! The villagers are in for a treat on this one..

I can't believe they can lie down! That's so awesome, and all the new buildings are just super cool! \:\)

P.S.
I hope Amaca feels better soon.. so she can get on with the testing!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 07:52 PM

On the ocean screenshot there is faces in the waves!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/06/08 08:58 PM

Looks like a lab more then a hospital in the 2nd picture.
Thank you for all the screen shots, I love the art work

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 02:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Jonesy
Looks like a lab more then a hospital in the 2nd picture.

No I think it looks more like a hospital. That would explain why Amaca is lying down there since she's sick.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 04:32 PM

Maybe they're carrying out Dr Frankenstein-type experiments on her? ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 05:48 PM

I know I wouldn't feel well if that was the case. LOL

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 10:31 PM

Hello, I only see two pictures.
Posted by: soccerluva22

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 11:14 PM

i wonder what the hole in the background is \:\)
Posted by: soccerluva22

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 11:19 PM

it looks like there was an earthquake or something

was there? hmm... \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/07/08 11:23 PM

Maybe another cave . . .
Posted by: Bowl Wheeevil

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 12:00 AM

Ohhh...I can't wait for VV3! \:D \:D \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 03:05 AM

me too Hitsu Hina !!!
Posted by: Lemon Curry

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 03:48 AM

will we see Biggles again???

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 05:03 AM

VVF, No space in the Username necesary! But...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 05:47 AM

Whoever said it went from 90 to 95% quickly is nuts! Seems like it's just dragging on...

And as for the screen shots, great, the villagers can lay down now - makes them even lazier! lol

JenniferMadi

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 06:15 AM

Noticed also that one of the screenshots has 7 villagers and 60 food, looks like when they just land on the island. Cocunuts and berry bushes as an immediate food source again?
Posted by: HappyPlayer

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/08/08 07:45 AM

I just saw the new pics!! They're amazing!!
I can't wait!! I can't wait!! I can't wait!!!!
But I will... because I know LDW is making it Grrrrreeeaaaaatttttt!!!

- HappyPlayer \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:17 AM

K it's time for me to be annoying. MORE SCREENSHOTS PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:26 AM

I'll join you! PLEEEEEAAAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!More screen shots!
Posted by: fred62

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:28 AM

how many preveiws are there

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:30 AM

Tons by the look of it...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:49 AM

there is no preveiws there alls it is is links

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:50 AM

Those too!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 12:29 PM

I'm guessing VV3 will come out some time towards the end of April.
I CAN'T WAIT!!!!! \:D \:D \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 01:40 PM

Yeah...I think it will. I read about it somewhere.OOHHH!!!!!Why do days have to go SO slow??? I can't wait for VV3!
Posted by: DunGoneCraZ

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 05:52 PM

Why is it the more progress is made the harder it is to wait for it? I am so excited. I can't wait to play VV3.
Posted by: Pookie9

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/09/08 11:25 PM

I keep checking this thread and the VV3 update site every day hoping it's been released.

Add one more that's having a coniption fit waiting for it to be released! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 12:10 AM

Some day I'm going to count all the "I can't wait"s That are on this. But then again... There might be too many! \:\) \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 01:00 AM

lol I cant wait theres 1 \:\) \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 03:29 AM

Pluss all the others on the last pages! \:\) \:o \:D \:o
Posted by: Isola Villager

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 05:08 AM

I FOUND OUT SOMETHING!!!!

The Screen of the people on the boat is titled "Intro 3"
The screen of the 'fort' is titled "lab"
The screen of the library, cave or whatever is titled "Middle 2"
And the others are preview and not feeling well.

Also someone mentioned a child, there is also and baby in one of the ladies arms, is it possible these villagers are the children of the ones on the boat?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 06:05 AM

How did you find that out?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 09:30 AM

Right-click on the screenshot picture and choose 'properties'. You'll see the file name. ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 09:43 AM

Thanks! \:\)
Posted by: litenunbug

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 10:16 AM

where are the new screenshots? i can't seem to find them. thanks

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 11:54 AM

Originally Posted By: litenunbug
where are the new screenshots? i can't seem to find them. thanks
LadyCFII! Help!! Is it possible to have a thread with the screenshots of VV3 and only the screenshots? A locked thread!! \:\/

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 01:16 PM

Good Idea! \:o
Posted by: litenunbug

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 01:22 PM

u guys are all great!!!! thanks for your help
Posted by: arcadiarose

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 10:49 PM

I agree with laurence's locked thread idea. I couldn't find the screenshots either, except the first one at the beginning of the thread. Thanks!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 11:04 PM

Okay, so, there are pictures on the first page, of course, but there are also pictures on Page 17 and Page 25.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 11:10 PM

I just put up a small part of the boxshot on one of our sites... another tiny preview

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 11:28 PM

For those who don't feel like finding it:

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 11:31 PM

I have posted all of the screen shots here. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/10/08 11:35 PM

OOOOOOH! A boxshot! Now we see the official logo!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 12:27 AM

i know when le game is coming out. it is coming outon the 23 look at the calander the only day you cany click on is th 23 and it is grey

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 12:29 AM

Err... probably not. The reason the 23rd is grey and unable to click on is because nobody registered on the forums has a birthday on that date. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 12:36 AM

then when do u think it is going to cum out usually coming soon means 2 or three days right

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 01:08 AM

NO WAY \:D soon, meaning maybe 2 months.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 01:16 AM

That's right. Soon means anywhere from one to three months... and that's if we're lucky and beta goes through quickly with very few tiny changes in the design and/or very few fixes needed to correct any glitches. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 01:19 AM

*sigh...* I feel like its NEVER going to come out! \:\(

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 02:38 AM

U guys are lucky too. After it's out, I gotta wait like a week for the mac version while every1 is talking about it and playin it \:\(

But I should add: IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 03:58 AM

On VV1 there are buterflys on the main menu screen.
On VV2 there are dragonflys on the main menu screen.
I wonder what it will be for VV3?
Posted by: TG3

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 04:37 AM

this makes everyone impatient!!!!
Posted by: ChristiRose

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 05:14 AM

I just wanted to say thank to LDW staff for working so diligently. The hard work is really appreciated. We love your games and I really like that we are treated with the sneak peeks. So Awesome! The game looks amazing! Keep up the good work.
Posted by: arcadiarose

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 05:20 AM

Thanks LadyCFII for posting the screenshots in the locked thread. The game looks beautiful. I'm looking forward to playing it.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 05:52 AM

I can't wait, it looks great! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 06:37 AM

THEY ARE TOTALLY AWESOME!!!! - the ones lady posted - YAY I CANT WAIT!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 06:55 AM

Is that an earring or a headset for her bluetooth phone! hehehehe JK \:D
Posted by: Thorbi

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 09:12 AM

I just had a look the new screenshots. Looks really great!!! \:D
Posted by: ColeDude101

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 10:52 AM

I know!The people look improved thanks to the great people at ldw!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 11:31 AM

Wow, that was a good idea, putting them all together. They look so great, I really cannot wait to play. \:D \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 11:55 AM

I'm going to explode with exitement! \:\) \:D *BOOM*
Posted by: Chaitanya

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 12:06 PM

Thanks for new ScreenShot... I think i love you LadyCFII \:\)
Posted by: cburgavonlady1

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 01:30 PM

Wow, love the pictures. I can not wait till VV3 comes out. Hurry! It is so exciting.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 04:19 PM

Thanks a lot to LadyCFII for posting the VV3 screenshots in the locked thread.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 05:15 PM

This flurry of thread activity is killing me. I can almost SMELL the game now!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 06:22 PM

Thank you for the screenshots, I was wondering what the percent is up to now. before when I clicked on the VV3 photo it was at 95%, now I does ot say, so that got my hopes way way UP. (game close almost can touch it)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 09:58 PM

I was way excited when I saw the front page because at first I thought it was done - what a disappointment! lol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/11/08 10:33 PM

I'll prolly have to wait till late May to play it, even if it comes out sooner, cause I'm going to Brazil on the 23rd of April.
Posted by: $@m

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 02:06 AM

Originally Posted By: AndreaD
I'll prolly have to wait till late May to play it, even if it comes out sooner, cause I'm going to Brazil on the 23rd of April.

that's my birthday!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 03:00 AM

omg!i have to leave on the 23rd too!!!i'm going on a trip...
i cant wait 4 VV3!!!
Posted by: Nemyar

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 05:27 AM

This is EXICTING!!! Soo Close...

If the map is bigger, does that mean there'll be more place for collections and mushrooms to hide in?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 07:58 AM

Probably \:\)
I can't wait, it looks great! \:\) \:D
Posted by: renaweir

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 08:12 AM

Thank you so much for those wonderful screenshots! It's great having a sneak peek! I'm not going to try and guess what's happening. I want to be completely surprised when the game comes out.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 06:41 PM

i cant wait for 2-3 months for it to come out!but wait,time is going fast this year!so 3 months can feel like 3 weeks!oh and another thing that i learned is:When you expect things too much...you wont get it.....in otherwords...this is what happened to me....i was hoping that when i wake up from a nap 2 hours will pass....but when i woke up,it was only 1 hour!
So people don't expect things so much....cus sometimes it wont happin....at least i think that

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 07:26 PM

Originally Posted By: $@m
Originally Posted By: AndreaD

that's my birthday!

My brother's birthday is the day before that.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 08:13 PM

Hey ! Why not put a sneak peek trailer of vv3 like plant tycoon !

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 09:03 PM

U guys are lucky too. After it's out, I gotta wait like a week for the mac version while every1 is talking about it and playin it \:\(

But I should add: IT WILL BE WORTH THE WAIT!

Wait? What? Who says we have to wait a week???

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/12/08 09:24 PM

we do have to wait a week or two for the mac version \:\(
Posted by: Aerogirl

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/13/08 06:25 PM

weren't the screenshots on here? where did they go?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/13/08 06:30 PM

They are on a locked thread in "News and Announcements" on the 2nd place:
Previews - Virtual Villagers 3: The Secret City \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/13/08 06:31 PM

Here. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/13/08 06:56 PM

Originally Posted By: renaweir
Thank you so much for those wonderful screenshots! It's great having a sneak peek! I'm not going to try and guess what's happening. I want to be completely surprised when the game comes out.

me too! Also made a "resolution" not to read the spoilers while I'm playing this one. We'll see how long that lasts!! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/13/08 07:43 PM

when i get VV3,i will purchase it at the CHEAPEST place.....from THIS company!
Posted by: woofy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/14/08 03:10 AM

I cant wait for it to come out, I love it.

LadyCFII's edit: Off-topic spoilers removed.
Posted by: Meems

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/14/08 05:31 PM

Whereas the preview screen shots are utterly tantalizing I am equally delighted by the new plant life. Those clusters of African violets and that huge clump of what appears to be Lupines. The lovely settings also adds to the replay value of these games!! I'm also going to try very hard not to peek at any spoilers when VV3 makes its grand appearance.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/14/08 06:49 PM

Meems, I agree! The ambiance of the locations in the VV games is great, and the screenshots for VV3 look even better! I love having some quiet time at the end of the day to get lost on Isola for an hour or two before bed. \:\)
Posted by: TexGal2108

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/14/08 07:58 PM

Hello everyone. I am new to this forum. I have played VV1+2 and visited this side many times but this time I want to be a part of it. i just found out that VV3 should be coming out soon and now I am checking their webside like everyday. I had so many things to complain about the first 2 VV and I hope this one is getting better. I was always hoping to use the whole island as it was shown and not only such a small part. Well I just wanted to say hi and that I cant wait to solve this new adventure together with you.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/14/08 08:08 PM

Hello TexGal, welcome to the forum! We all can't wait for VV3
Posted by: Rainbowfish

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/14/08 10:57 PM

Wow, great screenshots! \:D I can't wait to SEE and PLAY the game itself! ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 02:29 AM

Welcome TexGal - time to join the countdown
Posted by: boostone

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 01:54 PM

Oh boy...am I ever excited...

I love the games & have them all....can not wait....

When is the release date...All I saw was spring 2008?

Boo
Posted by: Llulabell

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 06:43 PM

That's as close to a release date as there is...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 08:15 PM

Lovin the new hair in VV3. I'm kinda hopin its not out til the end of may coz i've 2 weeks off work!!!!!!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 09:03 PM

I FOUND A SNEEK PEEK!!!!!!!

(it's small but they've been hiding it from us. I was snooping and I found a pic… )

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 09:20 PM

I noticed that last night! It's awesome!!
Posted by: cowink

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 10:04 PM

Looks like sooooo much fun!! Thanks for the pics!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/15/08 11:55 PM

Thanks for the sneak peek!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 12:53 AM

Thanks for putting that up Jazzo! I saw that last night as well. \:\)

Guess they couldn't hide it too long from us! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 02:02 AM

I FOUND A SNEEK PEEK!!!!!!!

(it's small but they've been hiding it from us. I was snooping and I found a pic… )

[img]http://virtualvillagers.com/vv3_images/vv3_boxshot_ss.jpg
[/img]

Yes you did !!! i could read some of them
but not all. what does that say under current tribe ??????
could your younger eyes see ?????????????????

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 02:06 AM

Yes, my younger eyes can see it (even though I have to wear glasses \:D ) and it does say current tribe, but I can't read the tribe name \:\(

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Tmac
does that say under current tribe ??????

To my eyes, it appears that it says Waikikia but I'm not positive on that. \:\)
Posted by: Bom

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 01:02 PM

Wow! Cool! And I think that it's Waikikia too!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 03:51 PM

Barbara posted a larger version of the left-hand side of this picture (obviously cropped from a full-size version) at the top of the Previews - Virtual Villagers 3: The Secret City thread.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/16/08 06:15 PM

Too bad she didn't show the whole screen

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 04:31 AM

our new peeps ?? but why does it say chapter 2 ?
typo ?????

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 04:32 AM

... whoa!! Black hair with green spikes... huge poofy curls... leaves in her hair???? \:o

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 04:35 AM

Waikakja.I think.I have glasses.
Posted by: I_luv_vv

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 04:42 AM

I saved the shot and then zoomed it says:
Current tribe
Waikakja????
play
start over
change tribe
options
help
quit

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 06:18 AM

Didn't I read on a previous post, and it was though that this tribe was without children? Well if you look at the second picture that was posted, they are in the water, the red head appears to be holding a baby in a green cloth. If this has been addressed already, forgive me please.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 02:27 PM

i think they are going to have to have kids ;\)
if not how are we going to play a real time game ?
everyone would die and we couldn't finish our game \:8
unless.......arthur decided to make them all immortal \:o
but , there has been kids in the first 2 games
i am sure it will be the same \:D
maybe we wounld't start with kids , maybe they come a
little later in the game ??????????
soon we will allllll find out !!!!!!! \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 07:26 PM

Yes I hope we still will have kids in VV3 \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 11:25 PM

Another sorta sneek peek:

The banner thingy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 11:27 PM

That is really cute. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/18/08 11:54 PM

Cool thanks Jazzo

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 03:37 AM

Ahh, yes... Jazzo the Preview Spy. lol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 03:39 AM

WONDERFULLLLL!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 04:17 AM

Did you make it?Thanks for the pics Lady!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 01:08 PM

No, I found it on the website.
Posted by: zootycoon

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 05:56 PM

I cant wate for v,v,3 its gunna be so much fun just i hope that they don't die so fast i can't waite

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 08:33 PM

Originally Posted By: Tmac
our new peeps ?? but why does it say chapter 2 ?
typo ?????

I see they still got my fave villager there 4th form the right
Posted by: Aerogirl

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 08:47 PM

I found where it says that!
Posted by: Prissy Poodle

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/19/08 10:21 PM

Oh my gosh!I just love the villagers new styles!There so exotic.
Posted by: Angelxx

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/20/08 06:59 PM

WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE RELEASED???
They said 4 weeks ago it would be ready by April 13th
we're the 20th and no sign of VV3 yet.
Can someone pleeeeeeease tell me a release date? \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/20/08 07:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Angelxx
WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE RELEASED???
They said 4 weeks ago it would be ready by April 13th
we're the 20th and no sign of VV3 yet.
Can someone pleeeeeeease tell me a release date? \:\)

I'm not sure who told you that it would be ready by April 13th but that was a lie. \:\(

They've never given a general time frame for the release of the game besides Spring 2008. Right now, it's at 95% and possibly in beta testing (they won't tell) which can last between a month and three months (maybe more), depending on how many glitches they find and fix and whether they decide to add something extra during the beta testing period. \:\) So it will be a while longer. When they get closer to the end of beta testing they will release a release date. \:\)
Posted by: Ambz748

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/20/08 11:31 PM

Hey everyone! This is my first time posting on this site, even though I've been regularly checking it since I've found out about the release of Virtual Villagers 3!!! I seriousally cant wait!!! The progress bar has been at 95% for what seems like forever! I really hope it will be done soon!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/21/08 12:11 AM

There is no garuntee release date yet the only release date we can count on is spring Of 2008 \:\)
Posted by: Vict0ria

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/21/08 02:17 AM

Same here
Posted by: Lailai

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/21/08 05:49 AM

Wow!!! I can't wait!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/21/08 07:53 AM

Just fooling around with some effects:

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/21/08 07:46 PM

That's way cool Becca. I'd be interested to know what software/effect you used for that. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/21/08 07:58 PM

Wow Becca, I could never do that. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/22/08 12:51 AM

Let us remember that spring ends on June 20th, so we might have to wait longer than we think!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/22/08 04:09 PM

I hope there will be kids as well, but I was just clearing up what people were saying about no childer in this game, however, I saw on the man-made raft..There are children present on the raft!. Only time will tell right tmac.. thanks for responding to my question....

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/22/08 09:50 PM

There's gonna be children. Isola would be overrun with mushrooms without them.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/22/08 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: renaweir
Let us remember that spring ends on June 20th, so we might have to wait longer than we think!
Thats a day after my birthday 19th

Becca how did you make that effect It's so cool

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/22/08 10:48 PM

That is cool Becca
Posted by: Ambz748

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/23/08 06:16 AM

There are children. On April 2, Carla released some sneak peek photos on this thread. {on pg.25 of this thread} If you look at the one that appears to be the hospital (where Amaca is laying down and "not feeling welL" there is what looks like a child to me on the very right side of the photo...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/23/08 12:41 PM

You can also see all of the VV3 screen shots in one place, without all of the discussion, by looking here.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/23/08 04:15 PM

It's difficult to tell for sure, but Amaca might be a child herself. After all, she is untrained.
Posted by: Akamu

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/23/08 08:42 PM

It's difficult to tell for sure, but Amaca might be a child herself. After all, she is untrained.

To me, she does not look like a child. Besides, there is a kid in the background near her.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/23/08 09:24 PM

According to the screen shots there will definitely be children. Unless someone joined the game soon after it starts. The first screen shows 7 villagers listed and all 7 are shown in the pic.

The child must have grown from a baby really fast to already be walking around that soon. Maybe mothers don't nurse so long now?

Gosh, I sure will be glad when VV3 comes out so we can all find out what's changed and what it looks like!!!! \:\)

ETA: Just looked again at the screen shots. Looks like two different games since Amaca isn't shown in the other pic......the one with all 7 showing.
Posted by: casjoejen

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/24/08 07:57 AM

If I have to wait much longer I am going to die.

I have never wanted anything so much in my life.

Please please please be soon.

Virtual Villagers is the best game I have ever played.

95% is just KILLING ME

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/25/08 02:52 AM

Maybe Amaca is a teenager? ( From 12 to 15 year old?)

If forum for VV3 come out, it must mean that VV3 is very close to Release date in few weeks or something.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/25/08 03:10 AM

The forums for new games don't normally get posted until the game is released. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/26/08 01:20 AM

Good.But Ema doesnt look like she's cleaning up.
Posted by: Aura Pereira

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/26/08 11:43 AM

That is so cool !!!! I can`t wait.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/26/08 11:49 PM

Yea 99 % it is getting closer
Posted by: KilloDill

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/27/08 11:31 AM

99% wow

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/28/08 12:26 AM

Just ONE more point before it reach 100%.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/28/08 04:41 PM

so kewl,i can't wait to order it.
Posted by: stressedmomoftwo

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 03:54 AM

I keep checking several times a day...lol.

does anyone know if they have given a release date yet?
Posted by: scallerbar

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 09:54 AM

its been 99% forever, do they have a release date??? Can hardly wait
Posted by: YaelleG

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 11:18 AM

What do yall say to holding our breath & refusing to breathe til they release VV3? Or at least making an impatient face & stamping our feet really hard?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 11:44 AM

Originally Posted By: scallerbar
its been 99% forever, do they have a release date??? Can hardly wait
It just hit 99% on Friday. It really hasn't been that long. smile Hey, it took 3 weeks for it to change from 95 to 99%, so just give it some time. laugh
Posted by: aoltweety

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 09:19 PM

Does anyone know if vv3 will come out on BigFish first like the other games have??
I'm trying to wait nice and calmly this time!,
Tweet

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 09:30 PM

LadyCFII said once that there would be a soft release date here first for a limited amount of time before they did that, I think.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/29/08 09:45 PM

Actually, Carla said that. \:\)
Posted by: Tahoe mom

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/30/08 02:18 AM

I am totally a newie to formus just registared so I can be notified when VV3 comes out. Have been coming to site over a year now! I have been playing VV 1 and 2 sense each has come out. It's my form of relaxing when I come home from work. I just can't wait until it's here. My a grandmother who is raising grandson and he thinks I nuts playing this game. Don't care can't get enough.
Lauri
In Tahoe

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/30/08 03:56 PM

Hello Lauri! Welcome to the forum! You're right, these games are indeed really relaxing.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/30/08 09:36 PM

Actually, Carla said that. \:\)
oh, so sorry to quote ya on that, I knew one of you guys had said that somewhere. (I was just trying to be helpful) \:D
Posted by: Jsunshine87

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/30/08 10:16 PM

I don't know if anyone noticed this but I think I found a medicinal plant.

Also, when you save the screen shot to your computer it saves as VV3_Lab so I'm guessing that means it's the laboratory that they're cleaning up.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 04/30/08 11:21 PM

Hey maybe ur ryt that does look like some type of medical plant it sticks out

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:21 AM

A couple more images

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:24 AM

So...Beautiful! I love the ocean!!!
Posted by: Llulabell

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:33 AM

Oh wow! Is all I can say!! There seems to be all new everything for VV3! The suspense is killing me \:D Each preview makes it that much harder to wait, but I love seeing them ! Thanks Carla for sharing.

Quote:
I don't know if anyone noticed this but I think I found a medicinal plant

Isnt that a pitcher plant from PT?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:37 AM

I love the ocean pic! It is very beautiful! I wonder what the giant clam will be used for? I love the name Pickle for that villager! Very cute!

I wonder what Totolo is confused about? Maybe he's trying to build something? \:\?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:38 AM

wow!!!thanks Carla!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:07 AM

Wow, thank you Carla! \:\) Each picture is cooler than the last. I love these!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:17 AM

this make me more happy! way more cool effects or stuff that you could never do!
Posted by: aoltweety

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:22 AM

WWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!
I love the new pics!! I see a new village in my future.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:35 AM

\:o Oh wow! That ocean is absolutely gorgeous! Though those two sharks would make me run back to the beach! \:D And I do love the gorgeous black pearl in the clam... maybe it'll be something of a collectible?

That tree is pretty cool... And poor Totolo, too confused to do whatever he's supposed to be doing. Guess they have to find out what he needs to do! \:D

And bananas as a food source? Seems like it anyhow. \:D
Posted by: MusicObsessed

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:53 AM

wow! thanks, Carla! ooh, i hope we have bananas as a food source! that would be cool. \:D

and i can see why Totolo is confused, the building he is making looks a bit complicated for a trainee builder!

i wonder what the writing on the cliff-thing means? (if you can't find what i'm talking about, its a little below and to the left of the shiny rhombus-shaped pink gem on the right side of the screen. \:D )

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:53 AM

Hey, if you look at the corner, you can see Rosecacea *Spelling...* Flowers \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:58 AM

Wow! I love the coral reef! Just beautiful \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 04:16 AM

Quote:
Okay, I am soooo excited!!! Love the look of the mask! I think the thing that Totolo is standing near looks like a broken catapult.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 04:19 AM

wow!!!!! i love the new pics!!! \:D \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 04:22 AM

A couple more images

theres a shark in the water!!! \:8

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 04:43 AM

He probably needs the Catapult to get up to that tree!!! I want to get to the tree too!! \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 05:06 AM

OMG OMG !!! *tmac takes deep breath, needs to calm down* ;\)
the new pics are great, the new graphics are awesome !!!
I WANT TO PLAY NOW ! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 09:27 AM

Now, I really want to play VV3... :0

It look more like a tropical island now, with the coral reef.

Is the fish at the coral reef animated, I mean like swimming?

VV3 might be my favourite VV games. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 12:07 PM

love the new pictures, none of them seem to join up how much bigger and better is this game going to be.

Cant wait

Love VV1, VV2, VV3 and soon to be others
Posted by: boostone

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 12:50 PM

Beautiful....it looks to be an absoutely beautiful game...

Thank you LDW....

You have given us an amazing set of games...but VV 3 looks to break all records..

Barb aka Boo
Posted by: Niki13

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:33 PM

OOOOHHH...thank you Carla for the new pics..they look amazing. The fruit things on the tree almost look like mangoes maybe..?..and is that a pink jewel I see on the top of the cliff?
I'm so excited now this morning my animals all think I'm nuts!!! Hmmm..maybe they're on to something here..
Posted by: stressedmomoftwo

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 01:42 PM

I cant wait for this game to come out!!!! I want it so bad....lol

Please can anyone tell us when it will be realeased, im going nuts.....lol

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 02:32 PM

Are we nearly there yet?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 03:46 PM

Thank you for the new pics. The detail and artwork are breath taking. I was looking over VV1 and VV2 and comparing the detail to the screen shots of VV3 and I am blown away at how the detail has improved with new chapter. Bravo
Thank you for designing a game that everyone of all ages can enjoy. I know when VV3 is released it will be over the top.
Posted by: pouillyfume

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 04:33 PM

Absolutely beautiful!!! I just love the colourful graphics and cannot wait to play VV3!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 04:50 PM

I agree, indeed!

(pouillyfume??? I suppose you like the good wine from La Loire!! ;\) )
Posted by: pouillyfume

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 05:34 PM

Oui yes I do! And Virtual villagers of course
Posted by: vvmom

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 06:10 PM

I know that I am like everyone else and checks every 5 minutes it seems like, but is there a time during the day when I should stop checking? Like when the work day ends?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 08:44 PM

That girl Pickle looks like my fave villager in VV2!Except my fave chacracter in VV2 has a pink or orange flower in her hair!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 09:43 PM

Originally Posted By: vvmom
I know that I am like everyone else and checks every 5 minutes it seems like, but is there a time during the day when I should stop checking? Like when the work day ends?
That is such a good question, and in what time zone.
Posted by: frangipani01

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/01/08 11:22 PM

Im only new, so please forgive me if I am repeating anyone elses observations from the preview pictures.

1. There are only 6 people visible on the raft
2. In the first couple of pictures, the 'old' border is used showing fish and flowers on the left....in the following pictures, there is a different border showing bananas, turtle shells and a red fruit.
3. There are sharks in the water, does this mean they may not be able to fish?
4. Amaca is not feeling well, it seems she is resting in a 'sick area' (I like the new style of hut in the background)
5. In one picture, it shows 3 possible openings into the hill face..a cave...a overhang over?... maybe a door...and what looks like a door...maybe the game will be played both outside and in the caves?
6. The decorations in the first pic look like turtle shells to me..thats twice the turtle theme appears!

The anticipation is building!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 12:04 AM

I hope they aren't going to use the catapult as a weapon. \:\( Hopefully it's just for getting to the tree.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 12:17 AM

Or maybe it's for a gigantic shotput... LOLOL

Oh my goodness!!! I think the two newest pictures are near the same area of the island! You can see the coast in the one with the catapult, and then there's a rock outcropping in the one with Pickle that could be more of what we see in the one with the catapult!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 01:18 AM

Wait!In the screenshot of Pickle,WHY IS SHE STANDING ON WATER?
Posted by: Faeron

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 01:20 AM

These pictures are wonderful. I'm getting so excited over the release of VV3. The pictures are teasing me very much. But I forgive you Carla and LDW! LOL. Especially for posting them to "get a taste" of what's to come!!!

I'm soooooo xcited!!! VV3!! oh yea! now all i have to worry about is having the $$$ to pay for it the second it comes out!!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 01:26 AM

Quote:
Wait!In the screenshot of Pickle,WHY IS SHE STANDING ON WATER?

I think it's a coral reef. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 02:04 AM

What if the wooden tool is part of a water-mill? Wouldn't that just be awesome!?

THANK YOU CARLA FOR POSTING NEW PICS!!!! THEY'RE AWESOME!!!!

(I was so nervous to look at the pics that I started chewing on my nuckle, and when I saw them I got so excited that I bit my finger!! hehehe \:D )

Time for another happy dance!

\o/ \o\ \\o \o\ \o/ /o/ o// /o/ \o/ \\o \o/ o// \o/
./\. .//. ./\. .// ./\. \\. ./\. \\. ./\. .// ./\. \\. ./\.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 02:11 AM

I love the the coral reef it is so awsome \:D \:D \:D Thanks Carla, Lady, Arthur & team 4 making such awsome games \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: Prissy Poodle

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 02:36 AM

The new picture looks awesome!The coral reef looks beutiful and it looks like the villagers will be able to go even further out to sea than ever before!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 11:48 AM

Originally Posted By: SpecialPrincess
I hope they aren't going to use the catapult as a weapon. \:\( Hopefully it's just for getting to the tree.
I don't think it is a weapon. If you right-click on the picture, and click on properties, the title of that particular picture is "lift." So I'm assuming the purpose of that contraption is to lift them somewhere, like to the tree. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 03:50 PM

WOW!! Great pics! That's amazing!! Thanks a lot to the LDW Team!

1) Oh! There is a "Black Pearl" in the clam that Pickle found!! ;\)
2) And, where is Totolo, there are some graffities near the pink diamond, on the right of the cliff. Also, what a wonderful tree!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 06:20 PM

----- \:o There are sharks in VV3 \:8

-----

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 06:34 PM

Oh, look! There ARE sharks in VV3!
Posted by: s h a k l e

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 07:05 PM

One shark = 100 of food.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 08:54 PM

Will villagers die because of the shark and they have to find a way to get rid of the sharks?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 09:03 PM

Yes! that's right!! There are Sharks in VV3! Look at the map we can see in the Plant Tycoon introduction:

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 09:29 PM

I love the new pics and they're so clear!!
Posted by: Jsunshine87

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 09:30 PM

Originally Posted By: laurence
Yes! that's right!! There are Sharks in VV3! Look at the map we can see in the Plant Tycoon introduction:

I actually think those look more like dolphins than sharks...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 09:34 PM

Hummm... Maybe you're right.It's difficult to say.

But here, it is sharks!!
-----

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/02/08 09:51 PM

There's no way to say for sure that the creatures in the PT map are dolphins or sharks... the image is just to small.... and it's not a photo, either.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/03/08 12:41 AM

Oh, look! There ARE sharks in VV3!

Ohhh, I'm worried for my villagers already, and the game's not even out yet!

I read somewhere that it will be released on this site for purchase, but will it be released on the same day at.. er.. whichever game site it is?

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/03/08 01:30 AM

You can see Carla's post here. It should answer your question. \:\)
Posted by: Aziza

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/03/08 01:44 AM

i'm new to the forum but i have every single game for the computer that ldw has created i can't wait for vv3 to come out - it looks like a huge map and lots of things to do - i hope it comes out in time for my birthday - my birthday is in a week so i hope it comes out then because that would be a really awesome birthday present hint hint

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/03/08 01:56 AM

could someone make a map or puzzle of the new screen shots of
VV3 ? i know it would be incomplete, but fun !
Posted by: david100

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/03/08 05:23 AM

VV3 will come soon,but which day?
Posted by: ktclayt

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/03/08 08:41 AM

This looks fantastic, I can't wait. Could someone please tell me when VV3 is coming.
I feel like I have been waiting forever.
Mandy

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 07:44 AM

Thanks for the great pictures these are way better than I ever thought they could be.

It is so exciting, cant wait.

Love to everyone at LDW \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 01:08 PM

-----

I look at that picture and the theme from Jaws immediately starts going through my mind!! Looks like our poor villagers will have MUCH more to worry about than just food!! \:8

My poor villagers.....sigh.....it's all I can do sometimes just to get them enough food so they don't starve!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 01:49 PM

You can see Carla's post here. It should answer your question. \:\)

Thanks Lady, much appreciated \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 03:44 PM

Maybe it's a puzzle.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 05:03 PM

Ok Laurence. Your reference to "the Black Pearl" prompted me to make this parody.

Posted by: Niki13

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 05:11 PM

haha..that was great..thanks for the laugh

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 05:19 PM

LOL The Captain Jack becomes a new character in your virtual casting!! \:D \:D \:D \:D \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 05:24 PM

lol... It is one thing to draw the clothing for one pose but to make the clothing and head for each position is quite difficult. I know. I have been working on and off for about a year now on a mod wnd I change the clothes and heads but they aren't working out too well... \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 05:32 PM

That is so cool. I love those movies!! \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/04/08 06:46 PM

Oh man Gamey! That's a great parody! \:D

Captain Jack Sparrow has made his entrance into Virtual Villagers 3. \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 01:09 AM

hahahahahaha!!! \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 03:09 AM

I don't want to start a war here, and I know this post was a way back, but I just want to say something. There is a scripture where it is says that a man will "leave his father and his mother and he will stick to his wife and they will become one flesh". This was in regard to the first humans, Adam and Eve. You can't get much more newly formed than that!
Okay, now I'll drop it, I just wanted to mention it.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 03:38 AM

Ahhhhh man I just cant wait I just sit in my bedroom eyeing the envelope marked VV3 just waiting I will soon be able to spend that money it is so hard waiting \:\( but i no it will be worth it & keep up the good work team \:D \:D \:D
Posted by: SecretSeahorse

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 08:10 AM

Wow. I'm not actually that much of a VV addict, but I admire how much people like VVFanatic devote their time to VV. (no sarcasm meant) I hope I have so much time to anticipate VV3...too caught up with tests now.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 09:19 AM

Just re-read the link...listen to them saying:
"other big surprises"
"packed it full of delicious surprises"
"made the all new map larger and more detailed"
oooh!! makes it sound like even Carla is only giving us the bad screenshots-there could be sooo much more!!
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/118606/page/1#Post118606

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 11:07 AM

I expect Carla carefully chose the screenshots so as not to give away any secrets. ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 11:33 AM

I don't want to start a war here, and I know this post was a way back, but I just want to say something. There is a scripture where it is says that a man will "leave his father and his mother and he will stick to his wife and they will become one flesh". This was in regard to the first humans, Adam and Eve. You can't get much more newly formed than that!
Okay, now I'll drop it, I just wanted to mention it.
I don't think that everyone here believes in the bible so I don't think that LDW is basing their games on that. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 09:19 PM

I think you forgetting about Luca...

They said that VV3 will be released in Spring.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/05/08 10:04 PM

Those screen shots are fantastic, make me feel impatent waiting for it to come out. 8\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 12:19 AM

Beautiful...a wonderful tease.
Posted by: pumpkin_28

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 12:43 AM

I have a theory about the games that no one has thought of yet. Maybe, there are two sections to VV3; kind of like two story lines in one. The first one is just adults discovering the ruins, and the second is the children in the cave as seen in the drawing. Then, the two merge....not sure of the details, but its just a theory \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 12:45 AM

Maybe...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 12:49 AM

lol, I'm probably wrong. Its just so fun to wonder...

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 01:36 AM

The waiting is killing me

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 01:43 AM

Speaking for myself, I do not "impose Western morality" on the villagers. Morality is a valve shared with most of the world's cultures and religions. Many of us have a problem with brother/sister/ parnet/child matching and having children. For some of us, this is crossing major border lines. Again, a belief that crosses all belief and cultures. And yet, whenever two villagers of the same sex touch they run away (Their the same sex!) Sounds moral to me
As a believer in the Torah, I apply its valves and morals to ALL areas of my life and that includes the games I play. Therefore, as the Guilding Hand of my villiagers, whether morality is written into the framework of future VV games or not, my villiagers will marry, will not have children unless there is a committment and if someone manages to slip pass my eagle eye, they are quickly wed off. Only if the tribe is in danger of dying off, I will permitt a brother and sister or cousins to wed.
In short, as a 50 year old woman I say this; I won't tell anyone else how to govern their villages and don't tell me how to govern my.

Posted by: slh

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 07:41 AM

I have a theory about the game too... I'm making the assumption the sharks are there as part of a puzzle. I'm guessing the villagers may have to make some kind of shark-net or something to put in the water before they can swim/fish.

Or I might be right off ;\)

It's so hard waiting. I just happened to come by the site THE DAY Plant Tycoon was released. So there was no waiting, no anticipation, no coming here several times a day to see if there's been any progress in the last hour. No wonder I'm going grey \:D

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 02:39 PM

I agree, I definitely think the sharks are a puzzle. I think there are going to be more puzzles to figure out in this one. I can't wait to get started! Hopefully it comes out right as I get back from my honeymoon. I still have a few days before heading back to work and I'll want to dive right in to VV3!!! (my fiance just shakes his head at me, lol!)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 04:18 PM

Hello, just happen to look at the screen shots and was wondering it anyone else caught the difference betwwen the first group and the last two. If you look at the side that gives you the population, food and tech amounts the mask is brown and green zlso there is a group of feathers and fish and flowers. The last two scfreen shots on the same side the mask is green and purple, where the feathers were is a net bag of fruit maybe mangos a net bag with a turtle shel and the another item maybe a prickly fruit of some kind and were the flowers were are now bananas.Even the bugs on the leaves are different and the butterflies are gone.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 04:36 PM

Originally Posted By: slh
I have a theory about the game too... I'm making the assumption the sharks are there as part of a puzzle. I'm guessing the villagers may have to make some kind of shark-net or something to put in the water before they can swim/fish.

Or I might be right off ;\)

A shark-net to remove danger as well as to be able to find the food bin. Brings more excitmnet to the game, won't it ;\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 04:39 PM

Originally Posted By: happi_bride
I agree, I definitely think the sharks are a puzzle. I think there are going to be more puzzles to figure out in this one. I can't wait to get started! Hopefully it comes out right as I get back from my honeymoon. I still have a few days before heading back to work and I'll want to dive right in to VV3!!! (my fiance just shakes his head at me, lol!)

First, mazol tov on your upcoming wedding. May you both have many years together. And my hubby just shakes his head at me too, lol. Though he did buy VV1 and VV2 as gifts for me. VV3 will be one of my birthday gifts when it comes out.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 04:55 PM

Thanks Mocha! I'm soooo excited for my big day. 18 days and counting! I'll maybe post some pictures after.
Posted by: shelly4681

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 07:14 PM

I noticed that too....the previous screen shots were the same as VV2

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 07:47 PM

That's because the early screen shots were before most of the new art was added to the game. They were using VV2 artwork. \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/06/08 10:24 PM

O cool I did not no that thanks Lady \:\)

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/07/08 12:09 AM

Just re-read the link...listen to them saying:
"other big surprises"
"packed it full of delicious surprises"
"made the all new map larger and more detailed"
oooh!! makes it sound like even Carla is only giving us the bad screenshots-there could be sooo much more!!
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/118606/page/1#Post118606

The bit that jumped out at me, though may have been badly phrased, was "Players guide the villagers past starvation and danger into a thriving prosperity, through exploration of the island"

... "of the island", not the coast. I have seen others wondering whether vv3 will link in with other parts of the island, but I'm still not sure!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/07/08 05:07 PM

Ok Ithought it was a hint, a player posted that they had an idea that it was a double puzzle so the artwork could have been a give away. LOL. I love how the artwork has been improving since VVI. You all at LDW are the best. Thank you for designing games that are enteraining, clean and where all ages can play.
Posted by: david100

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/08/08 05:24 AM

I like it!
Posted by: slh

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/09/08 12:49 AM

ok - so I saw the video, but rather than cluttering up that topic with all the "what if's" (it probably will be anyway) I thought I'd bring my musings back over here, where it's already been happening.

So... did you notice - when it rains, the villagers run for shelter, but the kids go out to play in it. Guess that means longer to complete tasks when it's raining.

Tautal (or Tautai?) ran from the sharks, but when she went close to the clam it started snapping at her. Still, that's a lovely looking black pearl. Puzzle, methinks... avoid the sharks, harvest the clams.

Does the tribal chief replace the esteemed elders now, so there's only going to be one? I wonder... Did you notice there are two totems behind his pedestal at the amphitheatre - I wonder if a villager has to become a master in MORE than the usual areas to become a tribal chief? I wonder if he does much around the village other than "contemplating" and delivering addresses? I wonder if the villagers benefit by listening to his lectures - if he imparts any wisdom to them? Looks like taking the tribal chief to the amphitheatre is the equivalent of ringing the gong - wonder if you're limited in how often you can make him address the village?

wonder if we'll have to find a way to drain all those puddles out of the amphitheatre \:D

ok - enough - apart from saying I'm even MORE eager to have it now than I was 20 minutes ago, if that's even possible! Think I'll transfer my money into Paypal NOW, so it doesn't get spent on other things and the game is suddenly released and I'm BROKE!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/09/08 02:36 PM

Quote:
rather than cluttering up that topic with all the "what if's" (it probably will be anyway)

I think that must be the busiest topic ever in these forums! It's up to seven pages already, and I'm sure it will grow even more.
Posted by: kittenzan62

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/09/08 02:45 PM

Yeah!! Yeah!! Yeah!!!! It's just beautiful Carla!!! now even more Juiced! Look's soooooooooo Kewl!!! Well, you all @ LDW have topped youselves AGAIN! Hard to believe, since VV 1& 2 were so Fab, but I think you have, judging from the screenshot! Kudos All!!!!
Posted by: kittenzan62

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/09/08 02:49 PM

Pickle??LOL, her mane is Pickle!?? Oh yea, gonna have to change the names on this one! but the rest look's phenominal guy's!!

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/09/08 10:43 PM

I saw the video it was great love the chief looks like it will be very fun thanks LDW \:D
Posted by: frangipani01

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/09/08 10:50 PM

One of the admins explained that initially the artwork from the earlier vv's was used until the new artwork for vv3 was complete, hence the change
Posted by: tracy1872

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/10/08 06:13 AM

Fun Fun Fun!!! I love the Reef! It is very beautiful!
Posted by: Shade Fade

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/10/08 02:30 PM

Virtual Villagers 3 is looking great, but I have a question. Does anyone know if the mothers in VV3 are still going to carry their babies instead of doing work, like in VV1 and 2?
Posted by: HarryFan17

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/10/08 02:56 PM

I noticed that the one in the reef put her hands on her hips so they do do more woth their arms this time, and the chief also started putting his arms up when he was lecturing the village.

I'm so glad they have a little more expression in this one.

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/10/08 11:16 PM

yes that is a good point the villagers are like real humans now they can lay down move arms stay out of the rain that is so cool \:\)
Posted by: Sir Emily

Re: Virtual Villagers 3 Screenshots - Preview - 05/13/08 05:35 AM

its looking so cool i just can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!