Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
1 registered (Keegan), 150 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#241466 - 05/05/17 03:12 AM How to restart the game from scratch
5p1d3r Offline

Ijust started this game and immediately fell in love with it like the first one.

Ijust have one small problem.
How do you restart the game from scratch?
I have tried clearing user data, even after reinstalling wont start the game from scratch.

I think the user profiles are stored server sided.

So I guess it would be a great addition if there's a restart feature or delete profile feature.

And hope it will be soon... laugh

Btw, for workaround for this, i uses app cloner. Or dual space in my phone(android). But what i really wish is theres a feature to reset or delete user profiles.

Lastly, thank you for the great job releasing this wonderful game LDW

#241467 - 05/05/17 11:09 AM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: 5p1d3r]
erindors Offline
Adviser

Why do you want to restart if you have just started the game,as there is still loads to do after you get all the magic fish ,like finding all the perfect species and all the fish combinations and fin combinations all the fish of each species so you see it is a great game that will last a long time to complete,Ldw have made a great game here that you can play for a long time to come,keep up the good work Ldw .

#241471 - 05/06/17 12:03 AM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: erindors]
5p1d3r Offline

Restarting the game is usefull because i buy the wrong item with gems. So restarting the game in early stage is necessary for me.

#241476 - 05/09/17 03:35 AM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: 5p1d3r]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
It is possible to restart the game, but you'll need to contact Support in order to do that, as we will have to get information from you to reset your game. Please open the game, tap the gear icon, and then tap "Get Help" to contact Support with your game's information.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#241478 - 05/09/17 10:30 AM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: Xay]
erindors Offline
Adviser

What a carry on why couldn't they just have added it to the game like they did in the first fish tycoon

That is a good enough reason,so I wonder why they didn't add it in tycoon two

#241480 - 05/09/17 07:58 PM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: Xay]
5p1d3r Offline

Originally Posted By: Xay
It is possible to restart the game, but you'll need to contact Support in order to do that, as we will have to get information from you to reset your game. Please open the game, tap the gear icon, and then tap "Get Help" to contact Support with your game's information.

What information exactly?

#241496 - 05/16/17 06:22 PM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: 5p1d3r]

All of the information that we need to help you will automatically appear in the email when you click "Get Help". All you have to do is add "Restart my game, please" where it says "Please describe your issue below in as much detail as possible".

Please do not delete any of the information from that email, as it contacts the info needed to locate your game save file and delete it for you.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#241497 - 05/17/17 11:22 AM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: Xay]
erindors Offline
Adviser

So does this mean that once we have played the game and finished it that we can't replay it unless we get in touch with you,s,so after spending money on it ,it can only be played the once ,what a RIP OFF as some of the upgrades in it cost real money,much more than it would be to pay a one off price for it,as other games which have the option of 5 slots for to play more .so really it is definitely not a free game,as even to get more gems you have to watch videos to get just two gems so we have to watch loads and loads of videos just to get the upgrades,or spend our own cash which quite a few people don't have.i bet you are all laughing all the way to the bank. grin

#241499 - 05/17/17 08:12 PM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: erindors]

I'm sure you know that we are a very tiny independent game developer, since you have been here since 2011, erindors! Thank you for your support all this time, we very much appreciate you! laugh

The game is a "freemium" game, which means that there is no upfront fee to pay in order to play. Instead, so that we can afford to pay our bills, feed our families, and create new games, it has optional in-app purchases. Our games are created to last for months of play, and can be quite enjoyable without using in-app purchases.

When the game is reset by customer support, we provide bonus coins as a boost in the new game.
If customers could reset the game on their own, they would lose everything and have nothing other than the starting currency to start the new game, which could be very upsetting if the reset was accidental.

I do understand your frustration at how the game was created, however, I hope that you decide to enjoy the game without feeling as though you are forced to make in-app purchases.
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#241521 - 06/01/17 01:13 PM Re: How to restart the game from scratch [Re: Xay]
renfergy Offline

Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I actually have to agree. I am trying to have my game restarted and while customer service is very responsive I am now on my 3rd day of not being able to play the game because my game has still not been restarted.

The process of having to write in to restart seems quite long 3 days to restart is quite tedious. All your other games had profile options I think that is the best option that way I can choose myself whether I want to start from scratch or not or if I want to have 2 games running at the same time.

I know thats probably a harder process to create but much more user friendly especially long term if you want people to continue to play and enjoy your game beyond 1 time through.

Edited by renfergy (06/01/17 01:14 PM)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter