Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 182 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#237621 - 12/16/14 04:54 PM Wondering about a purchase or two.
AddictedToSleep Offline

I would use the "contact/email developer" thing in the app store, but for some reason the play store crashes each time I tap it, though that's more an issue with my wonky phone than anything, probably.

But, anyways, I was wondering about a couple of purchases I have made. I've had this game on and off (had it for a while, uninstalled it for a while, re-installed it again after getting my phone out of a couch after a few months, etc.), and made a few purchases as well either last year or earlier this year. The "Food Club," "Brokerage Account," "Health Plan," and "Lucky Rock."

I've noticed for a while, since re-installing it for maybe the umpteenth time, the game seems to have forgotten my brokerage account purchase (I had only made one), and instead of 3% I only have 1% still, yet all my other purchases have still been remembered and restored each time. I was wondering if there was anything that could be done for that? I definitely remember purchasing it, I think. If it's not recorded anymore or something, I guess it is fine, nothing can be done if it was deleted somehow.

The other thing I was wondering... Is there some way to remove the "Food Club" purchase? It's been giving me insane amounts of food, and for a while when I got it I kinda didn't mind, but it's a bit dull now (If it's necessary info, it says I currently have 45,394 food units, and this number just grows every day unless I restart the game). I never have to shop for food, and to me that kinda takes a little of the fun of taking care of them away. It feels "cheat-y."

I don't really need or want a refund for any of it, but if it's required for it to be undone I would appreciate it anyways, but it is totally unnecessary. I really just want to know if any of these things can be helped or not.

I apologize if I am posting this in the wrong place, or if I waste anybody's time if there's nothing that can be done. I also apologize if I sound like a big ol' complainer here, I really do enjoy this game. It's a cute little pastime and it is fun to check on these little derps a couple times a day, and I really do love the other three upgrades. Again, sorry if I'm doing anything wrong...

Edited by MissKathy (12/16/14 08:24 PM)
Edit Reason: Removed personal information

#237622 - 12/16/14 06:25 PM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: AddictedToSleep]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Tyler, TX
I don't think that Food Club can be removed unless you contact the amazon app store. And Brokerage Account may not be going up due to it being able to be purchased multiple times so I think you should just tap it and it may come back.

#237623 - 12/16/14 07:40 PM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: VF_Life]
AddictedToSleep Offline

I don't use Amazon, I use Google Play, I apologize for not mentioning, I've been lacking a bit of sleep today whistle

I have tapped the Brokerage Account thing a few times before, much the same way somebody tries to close a loose door over and over to get it to stay, but it takes me to the purchase screen. I don't actually have enough to make a purchase, so it just says insufficient balance, though that might be an unnecessary detail.

#237624 - 12/16/14 08:13 PM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: AddictedToSleep]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

Oh, my mistake.

#237625 - 12/16/14 08:33 PM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: VF_Life]
AddictedToSleep Offline

It's no big deal, I left out the info. Thank you, though.

#237626 - 12/16/14 08:40 PM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: AddictedToSleep]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
The "Food Club," "Health Plan," and the "Lucky Rock" in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House are permanent in-app purchases, which means that if you reinstall the game/delete the game without backing up your device (and your progress) - or if you purposefully restart, these in-app purchases will always come back. The only way to remove any of these purchases would be delete the app without backing up your game, and sign into a different Google Play (and Google+) account.

However, any purchase of "Coins" or "Brokerage Account" increments in Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House are classified as consumable in-app purchases and cannot be downloaded again for free.

This means, again, that if you reinstall the game/delete the game without backing up your device (and your progress) - or if you purposefully restart, these in-app purchases will be removed, and you will need to buy them again to get them back into your game.

I hope this answers your questions, Addicted. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237627 - 12/17/14 12:18 AM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: Xay]
AddictedToSleep Offline

Hm, yes, I think so. I'm not really too broken up about the Brokerage Account, if you'd pardon the pun. My main issue was the Food Club. Now, when you say permanent purchase, does that also mean it cannot be removed or undone if either you guys or the App Store folks do anything about it? I understand that it will, on my end, always come back if I uninstall and re-install with the same account, I was just wondering if it was at all possible to have it erased on the other end.

It'd be frustrating if I had to make and use a new account, plus then purchase the other two upgrades all over again.

Also, I wonder, does anybody else find the Food Club to be too overpowered as well? It'd be fine if it would just... Not give such crazy amounts of food. It's like it grows exponentially! xP

#237628 - 12/17/14 12:27 AM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: AddictedToSleep]
VF_Life Offline
Consigliere

I have never purchased any in app purchases on VF2 so I don't know about food club but I think I would really enjoy it.

Edited by Christopher Hall (12/17/14 01:23 AM)

#237629 - 12/17/14 12:49 AM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: VF_Life]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Addicted, that is correct. Once it is on your game, it cannot be removed by anyone. However, it should not give you "crazy" amounts of food - it should be giving you only 2 free bags of food (approximately 300ish units) per day.

The situation you described can be caused by changes in the clock setting on the device the game is running on. Have you noticed any discrepancies in your device's time settings?

-------

Also, I did want to mention that most crashes on mobile devices occur because of low memory conditions on a device. The amount of RAM installed in a specific device will have an effect on the frequency of app crashes due to low memory conditions. Even high-end devices with fairly large RAM amounts can encounter low memory conditions when there are many apps and open browser tabs sitting in the background. Even though these apps are not consuming processor resources, they do occupy RAM and contribute to this problem.

When too much memory is taken up by running applications, the operating system will terminate the currently running app. When that happens, it will look exactly like a game crash, since there is no message from the operating system to tell you what happened. Devices that have smaller RAM sizes (less than 300 MB or so) will experience low memory conditions more frequently than devices with 512 MB or more. Please note that there are two types of memory in your device. RAM is the memory that is used to actually run apps, which differs from the memory that is used to install apps (such as the SD card or phone memory).

You can prevent many crashes by making sure that you close any apps that you aren't actually using before playing the game or opening another app. With multi-tasking operating systems like Android OS, tapping the home function does not completely close an app and free the memory that it was using. Tapping Home places the app in the background, where it can still consume system resources. Whenever you want to make sure that sufficient memory is available for running apps, you should use the application management function in your device's Settings panel to close any apps you don't need running. This will make more memory available to run the game.

The easiest method is to completely power off the device (as opposed to suspending or sleeping the device) and power it back on, but applications can be individually closed to free up memory. There are a number of ways to determine what apps are running in the background and individually close them. Those methods vary, depending upon the operating system that your device is running and any manufacturer or carrier customizations that have been made. Your device's user manual should explain how to manage installed and running applications.

You can also find many useful references on the Web for managing applications on smartphones and tablets, such as this one at eHow (http://www.ehow.com/how_5808183_close-apps-android.html).
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#237630 - 12/17/14 01:15 AM Re: Wondering about a purchase or two. [Re: Xay]
AddictedToSleep Offline

Hm. I am unsure, I generally don't mess with my clock, though sometimes the time will become incorrect if the phone is left off/dead too long, then it will correct itself sometimes. I suppose I will try to verify it is synced properly, uninstall and re-install, and see if it continues to give odd amounts.

And yes, I am aware of how apps running in the background can suck up RAM and cause sluggish performance and even crashes. I know how to fully close an app. Nothing was running when Google Play decided not to play anymore, I made sure, but I am appreciative of your suggestions nonetheless. Thank you for looking into my queries and lending me your time. smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter