Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 173 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#234781 - 06/03/13 09:19 AM HELP!! They Won't work.
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
I have a quite worrying problem,
Generation 8.
Neither my adopted female nor her chosen hubby will complete just one round of work!
I've tried everything possible including buying the correct work package to help give them both a boost, thinking maybe that will kick start them, even trying the encyclopaedia to see if I can generate some interest as neither have any particular likes or dislikes. That has made no difference either.
It's been three days of trying and a total of 16 hours play time but to no avail.
They both get three minutes into their work round and then simply walk off to do something else.

I have noticed that the further on you get within the generations the harder it seems to become to actually get people to do things whether it be working or having babies ( despite both definitely wanting them )

Has anyone got any ideas as to why this is happening?
or has anyone any ideas how I can manage them in their work field?
I can't wait forever until the pop-up comes along which offers a change of career. I could be waiting ages and ages and it not pop up at all. Besides they have twin daughters to support!

#234782 - 06/03/13 11:29 AM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Indigo Jo]
A Terri Offline

I am New Here. I hope I have not written something that is a Spoiler

I have 6th Generation Peeps both Kitchen Workers. All Kitchen updates applied

They too do not seem to finish a Work Cycle. They do not do the Jig at the end of the work cycle and the notice ..has earned some money does not come up.

There Work Bars have not moved at all Game on or off. However the Money does go up when the game is off.

In the Last 5th Generation of Both Kitchen Workers with all Updates they too did not seem to finish the work cycle.

As an experiment I had upgraded them both to masters at the beginning of the generation. So I did not know if this was why they did not finish Work Cycles. They earned money when the game was off, but not as much as previous generations who did not have the help of being promoted.

What Shall I do?

Relief I have just checked again and there Work Bars of the peeps are Moving.

But they still do not finish the work cycle when I watch them.

#234784 - 06/03/13 12:26 PM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Indigo Jo]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
This is a known problem after purchasing upgrages for the kitchen. My hubby and wife, both working in kitchen, have not completed a work cycle since moving into the house. However they has progressed in their careers. The wife upto level 7 despite having 3 children.

The kitchen is the last area I need to Master. So I still put them back and make them work at it for a while. When I close the game and return their progress bar goes up. It appears I am getting their daily salaries just not in the small Increaments.

I have not had an issue with children. I make sure that they are feed and not too tire before I try. I make sure no pets are sleeping on the bed. When they argue I just keep the argument going until they make the effort. When they are unsuccessful, try again in about 15 minutes.

#234797 - 06/03/13 06:21 PM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Mayfly]
A Terri Offline

Update on earlier.

Both of the Peeps have had Two Promotions each today. so they are progressing.

However they do not finish work Cycles when the game is on. Is this how it should be, or is it a bug?

#234798 - 06/03/13 06:38 PM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: A Terri]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

A Bug. I understand they are looking into it.

#234807 - 06/03/13 09:50 PM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Mayfly]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
You can find more information on this situation here. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#234810 - 06/03/13 10:13 PM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Mayfly]
Indigo Jo Offline
Adviser

Loc: Kingston Upon Hull
Ahhh thank you!! So it's a known bug, it's been worked on - which is fine. I have left the game running and I do have a problem where HIS work bar is not moving up at all. Her's won't because she's caring for twins at the moment - which is fine. However... the finances DO seem to be creeping up as they would if they were working. Nowhere near as much! but they are still increasing. SLOWWWLY. Good thing I stocked them up with over 4,000 food units! I couldn't afford right now to keep them constantly stocked up otherwise..

Thanks for setting my mind at ease everyone! Very much appreciated! :-))

#234812 - 06/03/13 11:53 PM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Indigo Jo]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Funny thing is they manage to have ALOT of coffee breaks in those incompleted cycle. The work poor coffee, work, pour coffee, work, wander away. smirk

This has been an on-going problem for me in the kitchen. though it looks like I will Master the kitchen this generation. It appears to be caused by purchasing career upgrades. Has anyone that has had similar problem been able to have the kitchen careers work in later generations? Should I just stay away from them?

An Update -- My Wife finally made Cooking Captain! Despite the darn bug! To celebrate Adriana and Login (I thought the name was so funny I did not change it)had a night out on the town. (They have one in college and another 17 year old to baby sit.) They had several glasses of wine with their very fine dinner and came home and Opps another baby (#5) at the age of 47!

So In response to Indigo Jo a family in generation 8 can have babies even when they least expect it.

#234852 - 06/05/13 02:46 AM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Mayfly]
Ryanngirl0218 Offline

hi! im new at playing this game. i just reached 2nd gen and i was wondering what kind of work shld i put someone who is a wine critic? i tried putting him at the computer but he just keeps browsing the net. im guessing he shld do kitchen work but what exactly does he needs to do? pls help and thanks for the feedbacks in advance!

#234862 - 06/05/13 05:50 AM Re: HELP!! They Won't work. [Re: Ryanngirl0218]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Place him at the kitchen counter (near but not on the sink), and he will work automatically. smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter