Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 110 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#234205 - 05/20/13 04:46 AM Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers)
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Are there any choices you've made in the game that you regret? Like events that you've accepted or purchases you probably shouldn't have made?

I'm asking for therapeutic reasons seeing as I just "sold" my brat Blue Ivy to the talent scout for 500 coins. I instantly felt remorseful since she was 12 and would have outgrown her brattiness soon. But she was just a little monster. I couldn't turn around without her banging dishes or tearing books or writing on the wall and just basically disrupting her parents from their work constantly. No amount of punishing or reinforcing positive behavior did the trick and in a moment of frustration I sent her packing like the evil person I am...but again, not without now feeling bad for doing so. I guess it could be worse. I could have sent her to boarding school or something. At least now maybe she'll be famous.

So anyone else have similar experiences or regrets?

#234206 - 05/20/13 05:36 AM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Princess_Atta]
GirlOnFire26 Offline

So far I haven't. I'm playing a few games on the side a little differently than I am playing my main game. I've got a second going and they're not going to buy anything until they have a enough money for all career room upgrades and all the home renovations. My 3rd games is a single woman that only adopted kids and never marries. Each generation will do the same. Adopting as many kids as possible without ever accepting a marriage proposal. This way I can play a lot of different ways without having a lot of regrets. Lol!

I have 'sold' a couple of kids early in the game (my 1st game) but only because I needed the money. I was a little sad about it later when I realized he was the youngest.

But don't feel bad. Maybe she'll get a great job and be the one to inherit the house. wink

#234207 - 05/20/13 06:11 AM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: GirlOnFire26]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

That's a good point about playing all the games differently and taking different routes. I am playing mine differently too (and was actually considering starting another game with the adoption route since I did that in the first VF but it was riskier since adoption wasn't a guarantee). So, really, I guess I shouldn't feel too bad since it's all part of the experimental aspect.

I also "sold" one of her ancestors in the first or second generation. But that was an accident more than frustration, if I recall correctly.

With a name like Blue Ivy (because she has blue hair), she'll have a career of some sorts I'm sure :P

#234210 - 05/20/13 08:41 AM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Princess_Atta]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
My peeps had failed to produce a sixth baby after several times trying so I decided to try a doctor's visit in case there was something wrong. Both peeps checked out fine with no mention of any need for Baby Boost, so I did rather regret spending the near 1,000 coins. However, they almost immediately got an email to say that they'd overpaid their taxes by ~12,000 coins so I wasn't unhappy for long! smile

#234212 - 05/20/13 02:17 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I sometimes regret either the peep I choose to inherit or the spouse I chose. I had Rainbow Girl one generation and for some reason clicked on her adopted sister to inherit.

Now and then I've rushed to choose a spouse and wished that I'd waited. Maybe I'll turn one of my families into a single parent household unless I get the "Under $150" or "Perfect Match" trophy since we have the adoption option in VF2.

#234216 - 05/20/13 04:27 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: ajuma]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
I always feel sorry for the kids who are selling baked goods door-to-door, so I usually buy them. I regretted that after I had to buy stomach medicine for the person who bought them.... wink

#234230 - 05/20/13 09:48 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Corylea]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

I think my biggest regret so far has been selling the children's I'd bought on sale after buying another one that wasn't on sale... or just buying that extra bed at all. I was hoping they would have another kid, but no luck yet...

#234254 - 05/21/13 08:27 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Princess_Atta]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Mine...
Click to reveal..
Buying the anti-spam software in the Flea Market

Huh. I liked getting weird-but-exciting emails. frown

#234290 - 05/22/13 10:50 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: vfam2player]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

My only regret on that one was that it didn't remove the Fakebook messages. Can I get my little people to delete their accounts on that site? smirk
It increases the chances of getting emails that give you money, at least.

#234319 - 05/23/13 03:38 PM Re: Do You Ever Regret... (Possible Spoilers) [Re: txmom2]
Omochao Offline
Adviser

Loc: Nowhere
I had 600 coins and bought 6 lotto tickets and THEY WERE LOSER TICKETS!!!!
cry cry mad

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter