Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 145 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233131 - 04/20/13 12:34 AM What Makes a Spouse Compatible?
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
The game tips that display when the game loads say that it's very important that the spouses be compatible. But these little people don't have a whole heck of a lot of personality. They have an age, a profession, maybe a like or a dislike, and a position on children.

By "compatible," do you mean that they need to have an identical position on children? Or will "Would be nice" and "Definitely" get along okay?

Do their likes need to match? If so, I'm sunk, because I hardly ever see two people who have the same likes ... there must be a lot of them.

Thanks!

#233135 - 04/20/13 12:56 AM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: Corylea]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
In the first version it was easier to have children with two people who "definitly" and thought it "would be nice", than with 1 or both partners not wanting children.

HINT: you might want to look at the GOALS, there are benefits for having other similarities.

#233142 - 04/20/13 03:21 AM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: Mayfly]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I've never noticed much of an issue one way or another based on compatibility.

In the first game the most I ever noticed (and I don't know if it was just coincidence) was when they first did the marriage celebration. Semi-compatible couples seemed to go for Pizza, super compatible couples would go for the cake and then in some cases (maybe noncompatible?) the woman just wouldn't finish celebrating at all.

But I've never had any issues with it as far as having kids go. In this new game, I have a couple who both say "no way" to kids and had triplets on the first try!!!

So I really do think the compatibility has only to do with the GOALS as Mayfly mentioned.

#233143 - 04/20/13 03:26 AM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: Princess_Atta]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Wow triplets on the first try!! WTG

#233144 - 04/20/13 03:31 AM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: Mayfly]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
Compatibility has a bit more to do with things than the first Virtual Families as mentioned here by LadyCFII smile You might find her comments on the subject interesting smile
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

#233146 - 04/20/13 05:30 AM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: Mayfly]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Originally Posted By: Mayfly
Wow triplets on the first try!! WTG

Thank you!! I was absolutely flabbergasted.

Originally Posted By: LadyCFII
There are some differences in VF2 (as compared to the original VF game) when it comes to producing children. The most significant of those is that couples will be less inclined to have children as family size increases, and arguments will increase accordingly. That doesn't generally prevent a family from having 6 children when both parents have a fairly strong desire for children. However, if you start off with a couple that doesn't have a high desire for children, their reluctance to grow the family will cause a lot of arguments.

Because of this difference, it's more important in VF2 to consider your goals for the family before making your choices for the parents. It's always possible to bypass the parents' wishes and adopt children to achieve the family size you want, but that can be a much more expensive option.

Yes, I've already noticed this. My couple have been arguing for "3 years" now about whether or not to have more children since they are both "no way" peeps that got 3 at the same time lol.

Edited by Princess_Atta (04/20/13 05:32 AM)

#233152 - 04/20/13 11:39 AM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: Princess_Atta]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Me people are definitely and no way for kids! They've only had two boys and one of the boys is the EXACT same face as the dad! I know, in VF1 there were genetics but in VF2 it doesn't seem like there are (unless I'm constantly getting rare children) so this is funny.

PS- I'm on generation 16 and have had 0 triplets and 2 sets of twins. *sigh*

Edited by vfam2player (04/20/13 11:39 AM)

#233154 - 04/20/13 01:47 PM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: vfam2player]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: vfam2player
PS- I'm on generation 16 and have had 0 triplets and 2 sets of twins. *sigh*

I assume that's on iOS, since the game has only been out for a couple of days for Windows/Mac. smile

I haven't had any multiple births yet but I chose a "Definitely" as my adoptee and her first proposal was from a "Definitely" as well, which she immediately accepted. They've now got a full house of six kids (although the oldest has left for college and the youngest is still a babe in arms) and they are only 45 and 42. They both also work in the workshop, which is handy.

#234610 - 05/28/13 08:02 PM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: arnie]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
Yes, iOS game. I'm on generation 30 now. My people tend to die quickly...
Now I've had 5 sets of twins and 1 set of triplets. When I had the triplets I was like YAHOOOO!!!

#234616 - 05/28/13 10:23 PM Re: What Makes a Spouse Compatible? [Re: vfam2player]
Erin333 Offline

Loc: West Cork Éire
I had one NO Way Womon who really meant it..you just never know..
She left the little ritual earlier, she'd run there and finish before he got there..She absolutely refused to have any children..even with baby shots..all were adopted..just to have children to inherit house..and they had the same job so you never know, what compatible means sometimes..

She was third generation of this family..

Now I have one, same family 5th generation..poor Elf, he's been depressed since he inherited the house. he's gone through the money, on therapy, 3 or 4 times he's been, gets a little blue after, next day he's depressed again..
He's been and still is depressed, tried everything, in the FAQ.
I adopted kids for him, for he definitely wanted kids.. all the marriage proposals were NO Way women, finally at age of 36.. I found him a Maybe womon....I gave her a baby shot just in case, hoping because of her age she's give him one child at least..

She did better than that...Triplets, WOW..
Since I adopted 3 for him, so in one go..Elf now has 6 children..
He's still depressed he even e-mailed me about it..that he can't seem to get out of depression..
His happiness level is nil.. I got him things, built a porch..
rewarded him, he is a workaholic though..at least..

Nothing makes him happy, not even marriage. his triplets were born 3 cute girls..He turned just a little blue when they were born, then back to depressed..
He's depleted the family bank account..I sold off most of the furniture..except old couches for kids, and one bed..for one of the adopted girls is always sick..she just had a serious infection..that really cost..
We are now down to beginners money, going on the 6th generation.. hoping northing else goes wrong..Not after all this time..
Sorry ramble..don't know what to do for him.
.I realised some of this post probably belongs in another section..sorry..

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter