Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#235942 - 08/05/13 05:44 PM Virtual Families 2 Content Update
Choc1701 Offline

Hi When is the New Content Update for VF2 going to happen?

#235944 - 08/05/13 06:01 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Choc1701]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
What new Content Update?

#235947 - 08/05/13 07:53 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: arnie]
Choc1701 Offline

I saw on facebook that they are going to add more furniture options. They said in a few weeks and showed different colored couches.

#235955 - 08/06/13 05:40 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Choc1701]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
So far as I know that's for the iOS/Android versions. I don't know if they'll update the PC versions. It would be nice if they did, though!

#235964 - 08/07/13 07:16 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: arnie]
Choc1701 Offline

Well I really hope that is not true PC people should not be discriminated against. I also hope that the new furniture is a little more traditional design. It would also be nice to have some table lamps, knick knacks, different kinds of bedroom sets, etc.

#235969 - 08/08/13 03:14 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Choc1701]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
Choc - I SOOO agree! I can't find anything to put on end-tables or coffee tables. Lamps would be awesome. Small "table top" plants would also be a Very Welcome addition!

PC - I have 4 families going at this time. One family has almost $4 million "dollars" and nothing else to spend it on.

Funny this game - I also have one family (about the same amount of generations) with only about $40,000.00 And can't even finish the main room LOL

Android and IOS are great - but come on guys - there are A LOT of us PC players that want the same upgrades!

Thanks!!!!

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#235971 - 08/08/13 04:36 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Choc1701]
Ptuny Offline
Adviser

Loc: Alberta, Canada
Originally Posted By: Choc1701
Well I really hope that is not true PC people should not be discriminated against. I also hope that the new furniture is a little more traditional design. It would also be nice to have some table lamps, knick knacks, different kinds of bedroom sets, etc.

I have been with LDAW since the beginning, purchased all the games alongside many others for Mac/PC.
Now we really are the lesser of the users, and if I am wrong please correct me, but didn't we help get this company off the ground?
Didn't we stay loyal and encourage the company?
We have been here from the beginning, and now are considered an after thought by the designers.
Without a doubt, I am angry about this!
ATTENTION:

Arthur Humphrey
Carla Humphrey

#235981 - 08/09/13 03:22 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Ptuny]
spygirl2 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Florida
I also hope it is not true that you are more concerned with tablets and phones. I have both and do not like VF2 on them, and I have the best of the best.
But, I love it on PC, and would also love more stuff. Table Lamps, small plants, magazines, knick knacks, figurines, etc would be great to put on dressers, end tables, and even in the hutches that are empty now. I can put toy stuffed animals on the bottom shelf, but that's all. I also would love all my furniture to be able to turn every way. Sometimes I would like each to face to the right, but I only have a choice to face front or left. I would love a regular contempory or traditional dining room set - each piece could be bought separately - but in an oak color or maple or something. The white plain tables and chairs are like cheap kitchen sets and not usable anyway. I would love for the family to have a choice to eat in the dining room if they wanted. Also, how about a jacuzzi, a patio set, a swing set, a smaller additional fireplace that can be added in a smaller area. Being able to buy new colored bedding, change paint in rooms, buy curtains, shower curtains, rocking chairs, an outside play area for pets, pet pigs. I would love to be able to keep the clothes each person has and also be able to buy new clothes so that I could change their clothes every day.

#235983 - 08/09/13 11:03 PM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: spygirl2]
Arthur Administrator Offline
Lead Designer

Loc: San Francisco
Hi Everyone!

I'll address this very frankly. It is true, the winds are shifting on casual gaming, away from desktops and onto mobile devices. We (here at LDW) still love playing these games on PC, though, just as many of you do.

We have to chase the insane competition on the iTunes App Store and on Google Play, or run the risk of being literally driven out of business. The revenue that used to support our staff from direct sales at ldw.com is now a tiny fraction of what it used to be. We were really hurting at the end of 2012, and just around last December we were once again saved by sales on mobile.

OK that is the sad truth. The good news is that we are working on a version of VF2 for Desktop for a specific portal (details to come), but the work will very likely cause us to bring the PC/Mac versions up to date with the latest content that mobile just got. The other good news is we are doing better now and have new games in the works. The other other good news is that we still develop the games primarily in an environment that runs on PC, so builds for PC/Mac tend to be very easy for us to generate as a game approaches market-readiness, so without making specific promises, continued PC/Mac support should continue.

There you have it, from the horse's mouth. Things do change, and more often than not I don't like it when things that I like have to change. One thing has not changed and that is that LDW has the BEST fans anywhere. We are thankful every day for all of you.

Arthur

#235984 - 08/10/13 12:09 AM Re: Virtual Families 2 Content Update [Re: Arthur]
Gatsbi Offline
Expert

With the PC operated office, are you going to be including the Windows phones/pads in the future?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter