Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 137 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#235878 - 07/28/13 03:14 PM Had a child die!
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
I had a single father and adopted child. When I went to bed the kid was "weak". I had checked and there was no fruit to give the kid. I checked with the doc and there were no infections. So I went to bed. I fed both a meal before bed.

When I opened the game in the morning the child was dead!

What could I have done to save him?
He is still showing in the "family" so will he be available as next gen???

I had father adopt another child then he Finally found a wife. The father is Very Weak and I still have no fruit and doc says no infection - what to do now??

This is the first time I have had a child die! - wow - I nearly cried...

Edited by mappam (07/28/13 03:16 PM)

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#235882 - 07/28/13 04:55 PM Re: Had a child die! [Re: mappam]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Pam, so sorry to hear about the passing of your little guy! No, he will not be available for the next generation. cry I'm glad to hear that you were able to expand the family though. smile Peeps can quickly lose health and die without food in the refrigerator. Click/tap on the refrigerator to see if there's any food in there. I always try to keep several hundred units of food available at all times. Antibacterial hand gel also helps to improve health (but is not a replacement for food).

If your new child's health starts failing,
Click to reveal..
send him/her off to Boarding school. He/she will be safe there until it's time to start the next generation.
I hope this helps. smile

#235883 - 07/28/13 05:04 PM Re: Had a child die! [Re: MissKathy]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Thanks Kathy - He had plenty of food ( I always check the fridge before I leave the game) and had just eaten a full meal.

NO vitamins, fruit or hand gel available. And because Dr said no infection - no meds.

I will remember the "show me" above!!

#235900 - 07/29/13 06:56 AM Re: Had a child die! [Re: mappam]
Aviatrix Offline
Consigliere

Yes, that is a very nifty trick in the spoiler.

I make sure there is over 1000 units of food in the refrigerator each time I leave the game. That gives me a little leeway.

My tool tray is often full of things I am keeping on hand just in case. For instance, some kind of fruit, or hand gel. There's also usually a flask of Isolaish rain just in case I have time to follow a kid around while it rains.

As I've mentioned elsewhere, although I immediately upgrade the career rooms, I delay one available home renovation in case a parent is depresed - it gives me something I can use to cheer them up. Of course, sooner or later I will run out of renovations to hold off on.

#235901 - 07/29/13 02:02 PM Re: Had a child die! [Re: Aviatrix]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

I just used the "spoiler" on second adpoted child as she was also Extremely Weak and I still have no fruit or gel etc available.

I think this house is haunted LOL - Father is also Very Weak but wife and new baby seem to be fine (fingers crossed). I was afraid that Father wouldn't have the stamina to "make a baby" ROFL but they have a new baby girl!

Aviatrix - I also stash items when available - fruit etc - but had run out and no new were appearing! And I have used the same "trick" for depressed - oh the tricks we learn the hard way!

Thanks for the replies!

#235904 - 07/29/13 03:28 PM Re: Had a child die! [Re: mappam]
caley Offline
Trainee

If they are depressed or a bit blue just praise them a lot whenever they do something. It will cheer them up.

#235916 - 08/01/13 02:19 AM Re: Had a child die! [Re: MissKathy]
Grumpity Offline

Loc: South Carolina
It would be nice if we could buy hand gel and vitamins in the grocery store. We can get aspirin and Peptic syrup, why not hand gel and vitamins? smile

#235921 - 08/02/13 10:16 AM Re: Had a child die! [Re: Grumpity]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I almost had that happen in VF1. She was one of triplets and she was the one who was always sick and weak in spite of no infection. I was almost as worried about her as I was when my own kids got sick!

I wish there would have been the spoiler in the first game...she would have been shipped off! smile

#236119 - 08/27/13 11:27 AM Re: Had a child die! [Re: ajuma]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

I don't think I could stand it if one of the little kids died. I had an adult die in family 5 who I became very attatched to. When she died I cried real tears and my family thought I was nuts.

I thought so too until I went to another forum and took a chance posting about it. But, on that fourm I found there were several others who cried real tears when their little people died... even when it was of old age as mine was.

If I had a child who died, I think I would have to stop playing the game. I've been through that in real life. I don't want to experience that kind of pain in a game.

mappam I am so very sorry for you loss. I mean that with my heart.

#236467 - 09/29/13 10:28 PM Re: Had a child die! [Re: austin2010a]
Salted8 Offline
Trainee

Loc: USA
Oh how sad. RIP.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter