Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 193 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#233109 - 04/19/13 08:12 PM Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers)
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

I just wanted to mention a few of my favorite new features (and create a thread for others to talk about theirs).

1. Adoption Services. I'm very pro-adoption so I always loved the random adoption event when it would happen in the first game. Now that we can pay to adopt, I'm even more pleased. I have a feeling I'll be adopting A LOT in this game when I have the coins to do so.

2. The customization of how the rooms are used and how the spaces look is great. It really adds to the personalization of the game I think. It's nice being able to pick and choose how the spaces look.

3. A second bathroom. I haven't gotten to the point of building it yet, but knowing that it's coming is really great. One of my frustrations with the first game was when I would have a maxed out family with only one bathroom.

4. Not having to carry the weeds to a recycling bin. Praise be!

There are so many great things that I love about the new game, but I have to say overall I just really love the new design and approach to the game play in general. [insert a chorus of yaying peeps here]

#233115 - 04/19/13 08:42 PM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Princess_Atta]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
I agree. I also like the faces better. They're new. Pets are fun too.

#233126 - 04/19/13 10:37 PM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: vfam2player]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Allied to the second bathroom, being able to build two bedrooms for the kids is good. They're rather squashed with six in one room.

#233141 - 04/20/13 02:59 AM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: arnie]
Princess_Atta Offline
Expert

Ooh yes! A second room is really nice too.

And it just started to snow in my game which is crazy ironic given that it was flurrying here where I live.

#233145 - 04/20/13 05:16 AM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Princess_Atta]
Zia Offline
Expert

I really like all the furniture possibilities! Especially after getting a gagillion dollars in VF1, now I'll be able to spend it for generations to come in VF2!!

#233148 - 04/20/13 07:11 AM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Zia]
cherubic Offline

I like all the changes mentioned too but I haven't been playing long enough to know if one change I was hoping for has been made, and that's the speed that people age and when they die. In the first Vw, everyone started to walk very slowly when they reached the age of 50 and rarely did anyone get past 65. It would be good if there's the possibility to live to the kinds of ages people do now in real life. As a 50 year old I found it a bit depressing to see little people my age, so obviously lacking vitality!

#233159 - 04/20/13 02:31 PM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: cherubic]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I can't speak for Windows/ Mac OS yet, as no one has died yet in my game, but in the iOS version they tend to die at about the same age as VF1, I'm afraid. frown

I know exactly what you mean; I'm 65 so probably wouldn't be here if I were in VF!

#233179 - 04/20/13 06:52 PM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: arnie]
Pliri Offline

I was about to post the same thread, but saw this topic already posted. So, what I love about VF2 ...

1. Love the new people, very cute (in VF1 many were not so cute)

2. Love the new scrolling

3. Like that you can build and design your own rooms, although takes a lot of coins to finally get there

4. Like that mom and dad don't have to wait for 1 hour before trying for next baby

5. Agree with Princess Atta about not having to carry weeds to bin, like that

6. Like that you receive coins for an achieved goal

Here are some things I'm not so fond of:

1. Looking at "stuff"? ... lol (just joking)

2. Wish we had more "different" goals ... many are the same as VF1 ... not criticizing, just wishing

3. Missing 4th set of collections ... I love collecting (do love the artwork on the bugs!)

4. I know people wanted snow, is there a purpose? or just for fun?

5. I liked that you could create an all blonde-haired or red-haired, etc., family in VF1. This doesn't seem to work in VF2, hair color seems to be random.

Only on my first family, but love the game so far ...

Edited by Pliri (04/20/13 07:13 PM)

#233195 - 04/20/13 11:02 PM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: Pliri]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

I think the snow is there just for fun. smile Just because Arthur could do it. smile As with VF1, the insects appear when it's raining, but nothing special seems to happen when it's snowing. Pity the snow never settles, though; a snow-covered garden would look great (although it might make collectible-hunting more difficult).

#236138 - 08/28/13 12:03 PM Re: Favorite New Features (Possible Spoilers) [Re: arnie]
austin2010a Offline
Adviser

I agree with all that has been said above. Also in VF2:

- Little Peeps bodies are much more streamline instead of chunky block.

- Love that they do not always sit in the same chair at the table when they eat. It seems more random.

- Love the new actions for kids and adults when they interact with items (piano, guitar, kids kitchen, bear, bar etc.)

- Love being able to buy new clothes (wish there was more variety and a way to keep old ones)

- Love the new house floor plan

- Love. love, love being able to decorate

- Love the idea of having to remodel the house

- Love, love, love the maid and gardner

- Love Adoption service

- Love the time forward option

- Love the "looking at stuff" action. Pliri It works best when you have a telescope.

Oh my I could go on and on. There is MUCH to love about VF2. That's why I know if the creators incorporate 20% of the ideas out there for VF3 they will double the sales and downloads. That wouldn't be a bad return.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter