Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 192 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito, ewicos
30710 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30710 Members
76 Forums
19381 Topics
186931 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#236110 - 08/25/13 06:32 AM Missing posters
cindyls Offline

Loc: California
Hi everyone,
I just happened to open my images and furniture folder for the game because I wanted to add some mods-which didn't appear for some reason, but that's another question for another forum ;-)...and I noticed that there are about 4 large posters with kids themes - dinosaurs, Barbie, fish and one other. I went back to my game and I don't have those posters in my store anywhere. I did look everywhere too, lol. Are they just for the other versions of the game (I am using the PC one)? If so, why are they in my image folder?
Thanks!

#236180 - 08/30/13 07:20 PM Re: Missing posters [Re: cindyls]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Hi!

I'm playing VF both on my iPad and my android, and the items are different. For example, I can buy house plants on iOS but they are not available on android. I don't have the pc version of the game but maybe there's a difference as well. smile

#236181 - 08/30/13 07:38 PM Re: Missing posters [Re: *Moonlyght*]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
At a guess the posters were used in an early version of the game (possibly a beta) but were replaced in the latest version. However, the developers didn't remove the images from the images folder.

In VF1 I once found what was presumably an abandoned puzzle; there were two images of a wooden chair, broken and complete, that went on the deck. It never appeared in the release versions but could be seen in a 'sneak peek' video shot by LDW.

#236186 - 08/31/13 12:30 AM Re: Missing posters [Re: *Moonlyght*]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Originally Posted By: *Moonlyght*
Hi!

I'm playing VF both on my iPad and my android, and the items are different. For example, I can buy house plants on iOS but they are not available on android. I don't have the pc version of the game but maybe there's a difference as well. smile

Hello *Moonlyght*!!!! So nice to see you again! laugh iOS, Android and Kindle Fire all currently have the same content. You may want to make sure that you have the latest Android version of VF2, which is 1.3.0.1. smile

#236189 - 08/31/13 02:43 AM Re: Missing posters [Re: *Moonlyght*]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
YAY! *Moonlyght* is baaaack! It's good to see you again.

MissKathy has already explained the content on the different mobile versions, so I'll just say, "Welcome back!" laugh

#236196 - 08/31/13 05:09 AM Re: Missing posters [Re: cindyls]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Originally Posted By: cindyls
...and I noticed that there are about 4 large posters with kids themes - dinosaurs, Barbie, fish and one other. I went back to my game and I don't have those posters in my store anywhere. I did look everywhere too, lol. Are they just for the other versions of the game (I am using the PC one)? If so, why are they in my image folder?
Thanks!

Hi cindyls. If you'd like to use any of those posters now you can treat them as a mod, renaming them to match the name of a current poster you have. For example, if you wanted to use the Fish poster instead of the Rose poster, make a backup copy of both posters and store them somewhere outside of your Images folder. Then rename the original Fish poster Poster3STD.png and it will replace the Rose poster in your game. smile

#236198 - 08/31/13 05:53 AM Re: Missing posters [Re: MissKathy]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Thank you Barbara and Kathy!!!!! YAAAAAY I'm BAAAACK!!!! smile smile smile

I just bought all the VV games to my iPad and started playing VF all over again!!! Yay!!!!

It'll take just a while longer to be back to modding! (Jenna already told me to do so, and you just can't say no to her! *lol*) As soon as I get VF2 for my PC I will start modding all over again. smile

<3 <3 <3

#236206 - 08/31/13 07:18 PM Re: Missing posters [Re: *Moonlyght*]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
That's really great to hear! I'm looking forward to your wonderful new VF2 mods! laugh

#236210 - 09/01/13 08:19 AM Re: Missing posters [Re: MissKathy]
cindyls Offline

Loc: California
Thanks for that tip, I hadn't thought of it!

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter