Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 120 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#234736 - 06/01/13 01:00 PM BBQ and Pets and....?
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Central Florida, USA
I had my little guy BBQ - but then he just walked away from the grill - can they EAT BBQ? Did I miss something?

Got my family a little dog - it seems that his/her water/food is always empty. How often are you suppose to feed them?

Is there a way to change the name of the "game" or family? I am having hard time keeping track of each one (I am playing 4 ATM).

Twins are a RIOT!! Identical boys - one is a little "asterdbay" always jumping on the bed, tearing paper, drawing on walls etc the other one is always reading a book, playing, hiding etc IT is SOO funny to watch the difference! Now that they are older the "good" one is always studing or taking an online test but FINALLY the other one has settled down and actually dusted for the first time LOL

I live in my own little world - I like it there - Everyone knows me.

#234738 - 06/01/13 03:46 PM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: mappam]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

1. Was he heading towards the kitchen? They go to the kitchen, get some meat, grill it, and eat it - I'm not sure how much it does for their hunger levels.
2. My kitty will sit by the bowls and meow until I feed her sometimes. If your dog does something like that, you'll know it's time to refill the bowls, or you can just refill it periodically and he/she will go and eat. I don't think they can starve or anything, but I'm not sure.
3. I don't think so. I tried renaming a VV3 game once, and I lost the tribe. I don't know if it's the same in VF2, but I think renaming it forces you to start over.

#234739 - 06/01/13 04:02 PM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: txmom2]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

txmom2 - Thanks for the info. I set him down on the grill - he then went into the kitchen, got meat, back to BBQ. In a little bit he was heading to shower... Nobody has ever done anything else. Will the BBQ on their own?
I will watch my little pup to see if it stands by the bowls.
Also thanks - glad I didn't try to change the names lol!

#234743 - 06/01/13 11:11 PM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: mappam]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
BBQ - There is an event for Bar-B-Que Nite and the family went to the Bar-B que. I have not praised them when I put them at it - So I Have not seen them go to it on their own. I notice a small increase in their full level when they cook at BBQ. Like when they heat up food or get snacks. What ever the BBQ they just stand at the grill to eat it.

Pets - They do not starve. Mostly because when my family sits down to eat they beg until I feed them. Even when they have food!

#234758 - 06/02/13 06:31 AM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: Mayfly]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Only adults can cook at the barbecue, although during the event already mentioned they can all go. They do consume a small amount of food at the time. I've watched them walking back to the barbecue carrying joints of meat, whole fish, and a lobster in the past.

#234759 - 06/02/13 10:42 AM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: arnie]
ajuma Offline
Master

Loc: South Korea
I usually feed my pets when the family sits down to eat. I hate them begging at the table! smile

#234760 - 06/02/13 11:15 AM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: ajuma]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
I think they're kinda cute begging! Its annoying though. But sometimes my dog will be outside doing the same action as begging, and he'll also be twirling im circles! What?

#234813 - 06/04/13 12:14 AM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: vfam2player]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
Yep the silly dog chases his tail. Naughty kitten scratched on the outside flower boxes, trash can and work shop tool box.

#234817 - 06/04/13 01:05 AM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: Mayfly]
mappam Offline
Consigliere

Does the Grill have to be in a specific place?

I still can't get anyone to actually eat after BBQing. I have the grill on the front porch area. Do you need the more expensive grill? I just have the 1st gen cheap one.

Thanks again for the info and help.

#234821 - 06/04/13 02:21 AM Re: BBQ and Pets and....? [Re: mappam]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Pam, The grill doesn't have to be in any specific place. You won't see them taking their food anywhere to sit down and eat it. As Mayfly stated earlier in this thread "What ever the BBQ they just stand at the grill to eat it."

You should hear the "food chewing/eating" sound, even with the most inexpensive one (which my new family also has). smile I hope this helps.

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter