Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 117 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#233129 - 04/20/13 12:19 AM My little people are so lazy!
Jami Offline
Master

Loc: California
Just getting a bit of frustration out.

They whine all the time about there not being enough money but I can't keep them working long enough to earn any! I've tried the praise/scold to get them to understand working is important, but they're always wandering off from their work area before they earn a single coin.

Work, you lazy buggers, WORK!

www.jamisings.com

#233130 - 04/20/13 12:27 AM Re: My little people are so lazy! [Re: Jami]
Corylea Offline
Expert

Loc: Boston area, USA
Do they succeed when they work? If they fail when they work -- they get a puff of smoke when they fail -- then they stop working and will need to be restarted.

While we're at it, I have a question about how working functions. Is it correct their salary is their DAILY income, and is it also true that they get this income no matter how much time they spend working?

I'm getting the sense that working increases their career level, which of course will eventually produce more income, but it's not like they're working for an hourly wage. Is that right, or have I misunderstood?

#233132 - 04/20/13 12:40 AM Re: My little people are so lazy! [Re: Corylea]
Jami Offline
Master

They don't even stay at it long enough to succeed or fail. They start, then go off to heat food or stretch or enjoy nature.

www.jamisings.com

#233133 - 04/20/13 12:44 AM Re: My little people are so lazy! [Re: Corylea]
Mayfly Offline
Adviser

Loc: Colorado
While we're at it, I have a question about how working functions. Is it correct their salary is their DAILY income, and is it also true that they get this income no matter how much time they spend working?

I'm getting the sense that working increases their career level, which of course will eventually produce more income, but it's not like they're working for an hourly wage. Is that right, or have I misunderstood?
[/quote]

Yes They will see income daily even if you don't see them actually working. Try clicking on the Bank button to see estimated income growth.

Of course another way to increase income is to find and sell duplicate collectiables.

Edited by Mayfly (04/20/13 12:46 AM)

#233138 - 04/20/13 02:02 AM Re: My little people are so lazy! [Re: Mayfly]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
Jami, we have discovered a bug in some of the careers that seems to be caused when career upgrades are purchased. When a peep is affected in the manner that you describe, they should return to normal the next time you purchase a career upgrade. I'm not sure when we'll have a fix for this issue, though.

Mayfly, you are correct about the way working and pay operates. Here's how it breaks down:

Each time they finish a work cycle they will receive a small amount of money, which may not even show in the bank balance until they have worked several cycles if their salary is very low (e.g. 15 coins per day), since the amount must reach the next full coin increment to be displayed. The game tracks fractional coins, but doesn't display them.

In addition to this small payment for completing a work cycle, they receive a portion of their current daily income in regular payments every hour of the day.

I hope that helps everyone! laugh

#233734 - 05/02/13 04:48 PM Re: My little people are so lazy! [Re: LadyCFII]
Jami Offline
Master

Since my people, especially kitchen and workshop workers are so lazy, it seems like I have to depend on the lotto. What's the chances of getting the 50,000 coins? Because I'd really like to get the next upgrade!

www.jamisings.com

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter