Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 225 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#233249 - 04/22/13 10:50 AM Star Gazing
Destinye Offline

Not sure how to praise someone for this, I praised someone for admiring the stars and looking for a falling star and neither worked, thanks!

#233275 - 04/22/13 09:09 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: Destinye]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
It's when
Click to reveal..
they're "Looking at Stuff"

#233279 - 04/22/13 09:27 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: vfam2player]
Simsane Offline
Master

Loc: Washington State
It is? Mine have done that but I didn't think to Praise them for it. That sounds like a mistake in the game design though. I mean, if you're supposed to praise them for Star Gazing then you would think they had to be doing something related to looking at stars such as one of the two options that the OP listed. hmmmm, wonder is that's another glitch?

#233284 - 04/22/13 09:46 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: Simsane]
vfam2player Offline
Expert

Loc: USA
You're right... I don't know. But, that's how i got the award.

#233285 - 04/22/13 10:12 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: vfam2player]
Simsane Offline
Master

Me too now, vfam2player! I went back into my game and the next time I saw that my peep was
Click to reveal..
"Looking at Stuff"
I praised him and yep, I got that award. It's still daytime in my game too, so that really does not make sense. I wonder if the game developers originally intended it to be for Star Gazing then decided to change it to
Click to reveal..
Looking at Stuff
but then forgot to change what the award says?

Oh, and guess what? I'm so excited that I just have to tell someone, lol! I played the original Virtual Families for a long, long time and there was one award that I was never able to get but I just got that same award in my Virtual Families 2 game. The "Perfect Match" award! I was SHOCKED, lol! After being on this forum for a while I went back in and opened my first game, the one where I had an unmarried female. The Tutorial was still telling me to Try for Baby (weird, huh?) and I just started playing like normal, had her get a couple of collectibles and then go back to work. Oh, and she had been promoted when I first opened the game -- nice!

Anyway, the next proposal (she had already rejected about 3, I think) was from a guy that was one year older (26 -- she's 25), Maybe wanted kids (same as my female) and was a Jewelry maker, just like my female. I clicked to Accept and got the award for the Perfect Match! Yay, yay, yay! laugh (I wasn't sure cause he was at level one in the career and she had already been promoted to level 2 but I guess that part doesn't matter.)

Edited by Simsane (04/23/13 01:49 AM)

#233287 - 04/22/13 10:21 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: vfam2player]
swedane Offline
Master

Loc: BC. CANADA
Originally Posted By: vfam2player
You're right... I don't know. But, that's how i got the award.
You're right, it's definitely on the list of GOALS. Who'd had thought so... shocked

#233301 - 04/22/13 11:33 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: Simsane]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Simsane, Congratulations on your Perfect match! That goal requires that the two adults have the same career, nothing else.

I'm curious about this statement:
Originally Posted By: Simsane
After being on this forum for a while I went back in and opened my first game, the one where I had an unmarried female. The Tutorial was still telling me to Try for Baby (weird, huh?)
Which game was this in, the original Virtual Families or the new Virtual Families 2?

#233302 - 04/22/13 11:44 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: MissKathy]
Simsane Offline
Master

VF 2, the new one -- for PC. It did finally go away after I had her get married and then had her try for baby, although what was really weird is that it went away and then came back again. So, I had them try for baby again (wasn't successful either time) and it went away again.

You see, I started one game with a female. After playing for a short while I started a second game with a male. Well, I had the male marry and then it told me to put the couch somewhere and then to try for baby (I cannot remember the exact wording of the tutorial). I did and she had a baby.

I then came out of the game entirely and was here for a while. Went back in, then went to menu and switched back to my first game with the single female and the tutorial was telling me that now that they were married they should try for a baby -- only she wasn't yet married, lol!

I have since deleted my second game and am only playing my first game and she's the one that got the Perfect Match -- still excited about that! laugh

#233303 - 04/22/13 11:50 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: Simsane]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Thank you so much for the explanation Simsane! It's very helpful!!! Do you happen to remember whether or not you had set the couch down in the house when your female was still single?

#233304 - 04/22/13 11:52 PM Re: Star Gazing [Re: MissKathy]
Simsane Offline
Master

Yep, I had actually put the couch down before I decided to create the second game with the male. But in the second game, I had not put the couch down before he got married so first the tutorial told me to place the couch and then it told me to try for baby.

But yes, I had already placed the couch in my first game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Smileys
Arthur on Twitter