Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 154 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#237255 - 06/16/14 06:42 PM New device?
JanieD Offline

I'm going to get a new phone soon. Is there any way to transfer my game and my progress? I am currently using an iPhone4s and I don't know if I'll get an iPhone or Galaxy.

#237256 - 06/17/14 02:04 AM Re: New device? [Re: JanieD]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
We do understand your desire to be able to preserve your investment of time and money in the Virtual Families 2: Our Dream House game you are playing. Unfortunately, all app purchases (including any in-app content you've purchased), are tied to the app store account that was used to purchase them. Purchases made on the iTunes App Store are not transferrable to Google Play and vice versa.

Additionally, even though we do offer many of our games on multiple platforms, the game data is not compatible between operating systems. Even if you were able to move the game data to your new device, it would not load.

We sympathize with the inconvenience and potential cost of moving to a different type of device, but we do not have the ability to transfer your purchases from one app store to another.

------

However, if you decide to stay on the same platform - in this case, iPhone to iPhone (or any iOS device), the process of moving your game data is relatively simple as long as you follow the procedures (don't worry, it's not hard!).

------

In order to make sure that you don't lose important user and application data when planning to replace an iOS device, it's important to follow Apple's procedures for backing up and restoring the contents of your iOS device. After successfully backing up the original device, the new one must be restored from the backup of the previous device during initial setup, not merely synced with iTunes, in order to fully transfer the content from the previous device to the new one. Please refer to the specific procedures for your device and iOS version in the appropriate User Guide. Apple makes all of the manuals available on their site for each device family and iOS version. You can find the manuals here: http://support.apple.com/manuals/ You may also wish to refer to Apple's support article describing the process of transferring data to another device: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2109

If those procedures aren't followed, data loss is possible, including the loss of application data and In-App purchases.

In addition to creating a backup to facilitate moving your apps and data to a new device, backing your device up regularly to iTunes or iCloud helps to protect you from losing everything that is on your device should something happen to it. Without a device backup, you will still be able to install previously purchased apps from the App Store, but you will not be able to recover the personal and application data that had been on your device, since the data for your game is stored in an area of your iOS device that is not user-accessible. The only method that we can provide for transferring game data is to restore the device from a previous backup containing that data.

Your In-App purchases are similarly stored within the game and may be lost if the game is reinstalled using any method other than a device restore from a previous device backup.

Apple defines how In-App purchases are handled, and they determine which In-App purchases can be downloaded again for free. For more information about the different types of In-App purchases that Apple has defined, and how that affects your ability to recover them, please refer to Apple's About In-App purchases document: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4009
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter