Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 98 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#235975 - 08/08/13 11:17 PM How do you get rid of ads on iOs game?
Livvy Offline
Trainee

How do you remove the ads that came with the new update? I can't figure out how to make the in-app purchase. They distort the screen frown

#235977 - 08/09/13 12:39 AM Re: How do you get rid of ads on iOs game? [Re: Livvy]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi Livvy. smile Everything in the "Coins and More!" section of the store are In-App Purchases that you can buy to give your little family a boost. The Brokerage Account, Food Club, Health Plan and Lucky Rock will also remain through the generations.

Tap the item you wish to purchase. A conformation dialog will pop up confirming your purchase. Tap "Buy" to buy or "Cancel" to cancel. If you are not already signed into iTunes, you will be prompted for your Apple ID and password to complete the transaction. After your purchase has downloaded, completely close and re-open the app. The ads will be gone forever. I hope this helps. smile

#236502 - 10/06/13 01:31 PM Re: How do you get rid of ads on iOs game? [Re: MissKathy]
Maggie Offline

After about a month of playing ads popped up this morning. Livvy is right, it distorts the screen and greatly reduces my pleasure in the game. So I followed your advice and bought an in-app purchase (the lucky rock). I completely closed and reopened the ap. And there's still the highly-annoying ad.

Please tell me there's some way to get rid of it!!!

Edited by Maggie (10/06/13 01:32 PM)

#236510 - 10/07/13 03:40 AM Re: How do you get rid of ads on iOs game? [Re: Maggie]
Xay Administrator Offline
Customer Support Director

Loc: Colorado, US
I hope I can provide a bit of insight. smile The app must be completely closed, not just exited. smile

If you are closing the game by pressing the home button or using gestures on your device, the game is still in your multi-tasking bar/area and the ads will not be turned off.

In order to completely quit the game, press the Home button to exit the game, then access the multi-task bar/area by double-tapping the Home button.

(iOS 6 and below)

Press and hold the icon for the game until you see badges with a dash appear in the upper left corner of all the icons. Tap the red badge for the game, which will completely quit the game. When you open the game again, the ads will be gone.

(iOS 7)

Find the game screen in the multi-task area and make a quick upward flicking motion with your finger on the screen. This will close the game. When you open the game again, the ads will be gone.

To learn more about managing apps on your device, you can consult the User Guide for your specific device. Apple makes all of the manuals available on their site for each device family. You can find all of their manuals here: http://support.apple.com/manuals/
LDW Help Center
Submit a Support Request

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter