Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 134 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
News about updates for our older games on iOS
by Keegan
04/08/24 03:47 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#231994 - 12/14/12 07:19 PM Having Children
Miss Hilary Offline

Just wondering, I want my people to have a child. However, the wife keeps arguing. She is elated, there is about 2,000 coins in the bank and enough food in the house. I did 1-2 rennovations. Could it be that she doesn't want to because her "Want kids?" says "Not Really?" I used to play the first virtual families on my macbook and even if it a person said that they would still agree to have kids. So I'm wondering if it is different for this new one on the iPhone? I hope I could have a child because I have done quite a few renovations so I don't want to lose my game since I won't have a generation to pass it on to frown And I don't have enough to adopt.
Suggestions and help please.

#231995 - 12/14/12 07:43 PM Re: Having Children [Re: Miss Hilary]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Babymaking is the same for VF2 as in VF1. Keep dropping one adult on the other (taking turns if you want). Some couples take more time. I have a couple who both have "Not Really" for wanting kids. I managed to get 4 kids out of them before the female turned 50.

Feeding and showering your peeps may help them feel more refreshed! grin

Good luck and don't give up! smile

#231997 - 12/14/12 10:37 PM Re: Having Children [Re: MissKathy]
Miss Hilary Offline

Also I forgot to add, she'll "agree" and the task will read trying to make baby but then she stops walking towards the room and does something else. Like wash dishes or prepares a meal or goes on the Internet. So I'm not sure why she agrees and then stops a few seconds after? The husband ends up trying to make the baby himself haha

#231998 - 12/14/12 11:11 PM Re: Having Children [Re: Miss Hilary]
Lead Tester

Hmmmmm, have you tried taking both peeps outside and putting them together to try for a baby? Yes they'll have to walk back inside to actually make the baby but it has also worked for me. smile

#231999 - 12/14/12 11:22 PM Re: Having Children [Re: MissKathy]
Miss Hilary Offline

Yeah but it keeps doing the same thing frown either they argue or it finally says tryin to make baby and then she stops walking with him, the task bar goes blank, then it says she's doing nothing, and then she goes off on the computer, garden, kitchen etc

#232000 - 12/15/12 12:32 AM Re: Having Children [Re: Miss Hilary]
Lead Tester

This may sound weird but try putting the bed (or whatever furniture the male tries to make a baby on) outside or on the front porch. Then try for a baby again.

It won't stop them from arguing but for those times that they are willing to try to make a baby together they should both make it safely to the furniture.

I hope this helps. smile

#232002 - 12/15/12 02:23 AM Re: Having Children [Re: MissKathy]
Miss Hilary Offline

YAY:) it worked when I did what you suggested! Thank you for all your help:)

#232003 - 12/15/12 03:15 AM Re: Having Children [Re: Miss Hilary]
Lead Tester

Hurray!!! Congratulations on your new baby! And you're very welcome. smile Enjoy your little family!!!

#232271 - 01/12/13 07:00 PM Re: Having Children [Re: MissKathy]
Complexity Offline
Expert

I wanted to add that I have experienced both problems in VF2.

1. On several occasions, when the couple agrees to try to make a baby, the wife changes to go do something else. The husband goes on about his business to make a baby! I kind of laugh about this as the wife's passive aggressive way to shut up the husband when he won't take no for an answer. LOL!

However, on every occasion in which this has happened, I've been able to immediately have the couple try again, and they either try or argue as normal. There is no waiting period like there would normally be if they had actually tried to make a baby and failed. So it's just a small glitch.

2. I had one couple who argued so much, I finally just gave up trying. There wasn't anything in their way to get to the bed as they had already produced 3 children before and I hadn't rearranged anything. But when I tried to get them to go for a 4th child, they absolutely would not stop arguing.

After several rounds of this, I began counting the number of tries I was doing before giving up. I finally stopped after I hit 100 (and that's after I had tried many times before). They were both either 39 or 40 years old at the time.

My attempts to get them to make a baby included trying in the morning, afternoon, and night. I made sure they were healthy, fed, and feeling fresh. I closed the app (full close) and reopened it. I even shut down my iPad and restarted it. I closed ALL other apps running so VF2 was the ONLY app running. I also moved them to different rooms. I normally put the couple in their bedroom (with the bed in the center of the room with plenty of room on both sides), but when that failed after several sessions, I decided to try it in different rooms. If a kid started to enter their bedroom, I quickly drug them outside so they wouldn't disturb the couple. NONE of these things helped!

I did not think to to put their bed outdoors or have them "do it" outside, but even if that does work, I still consider the problem a glitch because you shouldn't have to put beds outside to make a couple stop arguing.

I'm running VF2 on an iPad 4 (which is the improved version of the iPad 3) which I purchased around 6-9 months ago.

I also play VF1 and have never been unable to get a couple to stop arguing like this before. It can sometimes take several tries, but never well over 100 tries!

#232276 - 01/12/13 07:29 PM Re: Having Children [Re: Complexity]
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There are some differences in VF2 (as compared to the original VF game) when it comes to producing children. The most significant of those is that couples will be less inclined to have children as family size increases, and arguments will increase accordingly. That doesn't generally prevent a family from having 6 children when both parents have a fairly strong desire for children. However, if you start off with a couple that doesn't have a high desire for children, their reluctance to grow the family will cause a lot of arguments.

Because of this difference, it's more important in VF2 to consider your goals for the family before making your choices for the parents. It's always possible to bypass the parents' wishes and adopt children to achieve the family size you want, but that can be a much more expensive option.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter