Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#235698 - 07/09/13 08:34 PM Flea market frozen
babylocks Offline
Trainee

Hello,I started a new game on my iphone since removing the last one because of problems....I have a few new problems and need some help..

1..how do i refresh the Flea Market..i am on my fifth family and the store items has never changed,it only shows 2 items, the same for five families..dvd and 2 candy..thats it..

2..because of this i dont have the opportunity to purchase the certificate needed to collect the bones in the yard..

3..also the progress bar and level will not change/move for one person..they have similar job in the office so i have them work at the same time,his bar moves not hers..How do i correct this..Thanks

More info...the lady has been at level 4 for 5days..the bar does not move and she has had no promotions..she makes 2 cents..

Edited by babylocks (07/09/13 11:09 PM)

#235723 - 07/12/13 06:44 PM #235698
babylocks Offline
Trainee

Hi, can someone please respond to me..I asked for help on 7/9 #235698..but no reply

#235724 - 07/12/13 07:16 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: babylocks]
Livvy Offline
Trainee

You might need to delete this game & download another one... Sounds like a bug.

#235726 - 07/12/13 11:24 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: babylocks]
MissKathy Administrator Offline
Lead Tester

Loc: California (USA)
Hi babylocks. So the problem you're having is actually with your iPhone family and not your Windows family? It was posted on the VF2 Windows/Mac forum. I'll go ahead and move it to the VF2 iOS forum, which is specifically for iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. smile

In response to your questions:

If you're asking if you can tap a button to force the Flea Market to rotate, the answer is no.
- Have you tried purchasing the last 2 items to see if that has an effect?
- Have you tried using a Time Warp?

When you say you're on your 5th family do you mean you're on your 5th generation and the same items have been in the Flea Market through all 5 generations? Or do you mean that this is your 5th installation of the game and the same thing has happened in each installation?

Is it only the Flea Market items that are not changing? What about the On Sale items and the Clothing items?

About the career progress issues:
- What professions do your office workers have exactly? If they've already passed on you can find out by tapping their portrait on the Family Tree.
- What career room upgrades have you purchased for them?
- What level are they at now?
- Is the woman still not making any progress?
- Has she been getting any of those "Infringement Complaints" and so possibly losing her progress that way?
- Has she been sick a lot? Sick peeps do not work.

Which iPhone and iOS version do you have?

Do you pause your game? If so, how often and for how long?

I'm sorry about all the questions. The more information we have the better we can assist you. smile

#235744 - 07/15/13 05:04 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: MissKathy]
babylocks Offline
Trainee

Hi,
1..i bought all the items (3) to see what would happen..for the last 5 hours the store is empty..

2..cant do time warp now because they are 60

3..on my 6th generation, no change in flea market throughout the 5 and 6 generation.the entire game..the sale items are always the same only 2 items, tv and the artist easel..never noticed clothes..will check it out..

4..camera repairer..level 7..$234..progress bar has not moved in 10 days..
silverware polisher..level 7..$225..progress bar has not moved either..no promotions

They were both at this level for 10 days, all the kids have gone they are now in their 60..the house is completely renovated..all the rooms are decorated except the very large room off the back deck..she is now working..at level 7 for the last 10 days...ios3 version 4.3.3...have never paused game..

and because the items dont change in the store,i cannot purchase the certificate needed to pick up the thing in the yard..also i dont get a lot of collections in the yard..after 6 generations i only have 16/36 collected..something is wrong..

Thanks..just checked again, the store is still emply,it says items change 3xday come back often...i hope i dont have to delete this game too,this would be my 2nd time..just remember i cant delete game because i spent money from (coins and more)

Help

#235748 - 07/15/13 07:40 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: babylocks]
Lead Tester

Hi babylocks, Thank you so much for the additional information. smile I'm sorry that you're continuing to have problems with your game. I'm very curious about something. When you checked the Flea Market again, the message stating that the items change 3 times a day popped up again?

VF2 does run on an iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.3. You may want to consider updating to iOS 6 (which is free), since it's a much more robust OS (from both function and security standpoints) than is iOS 4.

If after updating to iOS 6 you're still having issues with your game, there is something we can do to help you with your game. Please contact us using our Help Desk support request, filling out the form as best you can. Be sure to explain that you are babylocks on the forum and describe the problem in the Description field (copy and paste are your friends). We will help you get your game back on track. smile

#235762 - 07/16/13 06:49 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: MissKathy]
babylocks Offline
Trainee

Hi, I checked the store today and the message is the same as yesterday:items in the flea market change 3 times a day so come back often.the screen has no items on it....How do i updateto ios6 you say its free,please give me the steps..

I will try that first..thanks

Edited by babylocks (07/16/13 06:52 PM)

#235764 - 07/16/13 11:03 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: babylocks]
Lead Tester

Hi babylocks. Apple has a wealth of support document's that will help you in updating your iPhone 3GS to iOS 6.

You should first back up your content with iTunes. You can find information on how to do that here: iOS: How to back up and restore your content

There are instructions on how to update your iPhone here: iOS: How to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Scroll down to "Additional Information" and you'll see "When updating from iOS 4.3.x or earlier, see iOS 4: Updating your device to iOS 5 or later". Click that link for the additional information.

I want to stress to you the need to back up your iPhone content with iTunes before you start the update process.

Good luck! smile

#235777 - 07/17/13 10:27 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: MissKathy]
babylocks Offline
Trainee

Thank you I will get back to you soon..

#235892 - 07/28/13 09:38 PM Re: Flea market frozen [Re: babylocks]
Rachel242 Offline

Also, another thing to try is to , in a sense, close and reopen the app. This will NOT cause you to loose any data, your game will be saved, but it will sort of reboot it. To do this..
1. While exited from the app, double click the home button. This will bring up all the apps that are "active" at the bottom of the screen.
2. Press and hold the VF2 icon that is located in the " active apps" bar until the apps start to wiggle.
3. Press the red minus sign on the VF2 app. This shuts the app off, to create the "reboot" effect. ( do this with any other icons that show up if you wish, this will help with data usage and device efficiency)
4. Once you have cleared what apps you wish to restart, press the home button again to exit.
5. Check and see if this helped! If not...

The flea market, sale items, and clothing items are all based on your clock on your IOS device. If you have made a change in the date, time or year via your settings, this will affect the game. Make sure your date and time are correct and "reset" your settings app and the VF2 app.

Hope this helps!
~Rachel

Moderator:  MissKathy 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter