Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 87 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#227110 - 01/08/11 07:30 PM [SPOILERS] Just general questions that i have not seen ...
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Why do some of the villagers, when stung by bees, have white haloes around their heads?
Why does the Golden Totem glow a cyan blue every now and then?
Do the creators of VV ever stop amazing us with great puzzles and wonderful villager events?
Anybody else have all (i think that the total is -) 8 LDW games running in the background as we are chatting in the forum list?

Just being curious.

#227217 - 01/09/11 05:39 PM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: OptiTron]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Addendum: Why is the medic research area so small... my people wanna keep mating instead of studying medicine. Seems i have a square about 1/2 X 1/2" to place them without this occurring?

Also, does the earthquake work to reset a project ONLY if the project is not finished - all of my buildings are built and earthquake does not damage any of them. It would be nice to demolish some so my 50 + builders have something to do besides examining buildings!

And going back to VV2: How many different totems are there? i have 8 variations. Anyone know?

#227337 - 01/10/11 01:43 PM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: OptiTron]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The hospital is the same size as in VV4 and I can't remember seeing much complaint about the size in that game's forum. I must say, though, I prefer the hospital in VV3. In all the games there has sometimes been the problem you mention, such as when dropping peeps in the science lab.

Click to reveal..
The earthquake only resets unfinished projects, not completed ones - note that clearing the mausoleum and destroying the totem do not count as projects.

I don't have VV2 on this machine but I think you are right - there are eight totems. Have you looked in the VV2 forum?

#227389 - 01/11/11 12:14 AM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: arnie]
txmom2 Offline
Consigliere

As for the totem question, I posted a while back asking that very question. Here it is:

http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbt...oile#Post195903

#227515 - 01/12/11 01:21 AM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: txmom2]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

Good and thanks to Arnie and txmom2. Then i have collected all totems, woo hoo! Now as to the Doctor's pad area, i never had this problem as you could drop a villager on any part of the mattted structure and they would work. Heck, VV 3 had the problem where i could only drop it right at the end of the shelving but this area in VV 5 is even smaller than that. And frustrating as doctors never seem to want to study doctor-hood! And while we are on that subject of issues within the games, i have even MORE questions! Ready?

Click to reveal..
Okay, when using earthquake, do blue guys convert too like yellow and red masked?

Does exercise build the builder's level like it did in vv4? i haven't noticed it happening but the increments in learning are aLOT smaller here in VV5 than previously.

Do youthanized esteemed elders learn anything in school? They don't seem to when i have played.

Is 1000 the most noni fruit one can have on the tree. Every time i buzz them with bees, i get a total of more than 1000 but i come back 5 seconds later and it is 1000 or below tho no one has taken any of the fruit.

Do items hide behind structures that have been built, like the clothing and school so that they can not be seen?

And maybe the final question, at least for now, does anyone know the file name for the blue bars that indicate the learning level. i want to modify it so that i can tell that once a villager is an esteemed elder i can also see if s/he has mastered anything after that. Like changing the MAster part of the blue bar to red. Nowadays it is getting harder to discern if someone is a "Jack of all Trades" (and yes THAT is a misnomer the creators of this game have used... a JACK OF ALL TRADES means he is NOT a MASTER of ANYTHING - just like me...).

Am trying to check my status on VV2 but the update status keeps asking if i am online and i see it is down here on LDW too. When do we think it will be back up and running? Some of us still play the old games as they are so good.

Edited by OptiTron (01/12/11 01:23 AM)
Edit Reason: Thought of another question

#227532 - 01/12/11 03:25 AM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: OptiTron]
dansmot Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto Canada
I have a question.....when you have hit your maximum sustainable population without converting all the heathens do you have to wait for a villager to die before the heathens will convert? I have been hitting them for three days now with my population at max and none of the yellow or red masks have converted!!

#227541 - 01/12/11 04:20 AM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: dansmot]
TheGnome Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sydney, Australia
I have converted more peeps into my tribe after reaching the maximum population. The new 'converted' villagers are a little bonus.

#227556 - 01/12/11 12:42 PM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: TheGnome]
dansmot Offline
Expert

Loc: Toronto Canada
Thanks....I'll keep trying!!

#227562 - 01/12/11 05:31 PM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: dansmot]
geneon3rd Offline
Adviser

i can't find the answer to puzzle 17, i've tried putting the old chief on heathen mommy, nothing, ive tried a master devotee, she runs away, any help would be good, i've almost finished just a about 3 items to find and that will be done, i have 106 pop from the conversions, took a lot of earthquakes but finally made it. just mommy to convert, help anyone.......

#227579 - 01/12/11 11:04 PM Re: Just general questions that i have not seen in any forum.. [Re: geneon3rd]
OptiTron Offline
Adviser

If you check in the proper forum, you will find that i posted the answer there as have many others!
Click to reveal..
http://www.ldwforums.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/227543/4

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter