Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 170 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#32549 - 08/19/06 03:52 AM I barely started and i need big help
Alonso Offline

Pm me some tips on how to get money or how 2 keep my fish alive plz!

#32550 - 08/19/06 04:03 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
mizmudgie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: USA
To earn good money you need to breed one magic fish...over, and over again. Sell some and build up some money.

#32551 - 08/19/06 11:43 PM Re: I barely started and i need big help
cnm Offline
Consigliere

Loc: Sunnyvale, CA
Pick the fish you own that is the most valuable and that you have two of. Breed them by the dozens and sell all but a few that you keep for constant breeding.

Breed the others together and hope for a more valuable breeding pair - that's the free way to upgrade your breeding stock.

As you accumulate money, buy eggs and hope for an even more valuable pair.

Edited by cnm (08/20/06 12:37 AM)

#32552 - 08/20/06 12:11 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
squawky Offline
Master

Loc: New England
Don't forget to research environment when you can afford it -- the more expensive fish are fragile and won't survive if you don't have the right environment for them.

#32553 - 08/22/06 12:05 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
Jouet Offline

I've noticed that even some of the fish that come from the basic eggs aren't suited to a beginner tank. They'll generally survive long enough to become adults so you can sell them, but they don't make for good breeding pairs. Stick with the hardy ones.

Pay attention and you'll notice some patterns. Some fin types sell for more than others, no matter what fish body they're attached to. And there are fin types are less hardy and no matter what body they're attached to, they won't survive long.

I don't do advertising and tank decorations at first. I concentrate on getting good fish that'll be hardy and bring good prices before I worry about that. That way I'll have steady money getting in to keep funding things, even though I'll have to sit for longer in the store while my customers dawdle around.

Click on the customers - some of them will show you what they think of your prices in a thought bubble. If it's taking ages for things to sell, price them lower.

There's a difference between "sick" and fish that just aren't healthy. If they're sick, people won't buy them. But you can sell a fish whose health is all the way down in the red zone. Price it low so it sells before it dies.

#32554 - 08/22/06 12:08 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
Jouet Offline

Forgot to add - I've noticed that fish seem to sell better when there's more of them in the tank. I've even been known to add babies, and that does seem to attract customers better than just one or two fish for sale. So try selling in batches rather than one or two at a time.

#32555 - 08/22/06 01:48 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
birdie Offline

if you can afford it you can give the fragile ones the vitamins until you can breed it with another fish if you want to or to keep it alive to sell.

#32556 - 08/23/06 10:10 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
VVJunkie Offline
Adviser

I've noticed that the customers like to have more than 2 types of fish in the tank now. Before they would buy if I only had 2 types, but since I upgraded my advertising I notice they only will buy with 3. Good thing I can reproduce the Speckled Leaffish over and over. Raking in the dough now.

#32557 - 08/23/06 11:58 AM Re: I barely started and i need big help
Jouet Offline

Thanks, Junkie, I hadn't noticed that! I finally maxed the advertising reasearch on one account yesterday and it seemed like customers weren't buying the last two fish in the tank, even though they'd been good sellers before. Of course, they're still selling faster until that point anyway, but I wondered.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter