Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 131 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#17981 - 02/07/06 02:28 PM Common fish Questions
IntensiveWings Offline

I have been mass producing twin-fin goldbulbs,I know they are common ,I have them set at 30$ a peace . They sale reasonably well . I have researched evironments, marketing, and food . It seems it does no good , each time i buy the unusual eggs they all die , I have tryed breeding more delecate fish but they die also . What have i done wrong ? what do i need to get to make my fish live ? I also bought the heater and the aeration system . Nothing seems to keep them alive so I've just about give up trying to get new breeds and just make more money on the common fish I have already. Please will someone please tell me what has happen to my tanks ?
Thank you ,
Wings

#17982 - 02/07/06 02:33 PM Re: Common fish Questions
IntensiveWings Offline

I also bought all the plants and the snail , sorry i forget to add those to my last post . I'm going to try researching the environments again , and food , to see if that will help .
Thank You ,
Wings

#17983 - 02/07/06 02:43 PM Re: Common fish Questions
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
What level of Fish Environment do you have right now? When you click on Research Environment, do you see "You have Level two" or do you see "You are researching Level two" displayed on the left? The improved Fish Environment doesn't take effect until research is complete.

The only other thing I can think of is that you're either overfeeding or underfeeding your fish. When you put a fish in the isolation tank (or click and hold on it in the main tank), you'll see the two meters displayed for that fish: Health and Fed. If you feed a fish before it gets hungry (the bar turns yellow), the fish will lose some of its health. You can kill fish that way, or hasten the death of a fish that is losing health for other reasons (such as sickness or inadequate Fish Environment for that species). If you don't feed your fish often enough, starvation will cause them to lose health.

#17984 - 02/07/06 02:55 PM Re: Common fish Questions
IntensiveWings Offline

OMG! I'm over feeding them ..... I never thought that would kill them . I feel so silly now . Yes i have level 2 environment , level 2 on food and marketing . Some of my fish hatch with either red or yellow bars already , they are hungry , if i feed them they they progressively get worse , then die , but i will stop feeding as much, I'll try that if it doesn't work well we'll see what happens . thank so much ... Wings

#17985 - 02/07/06 06:41 PM Re: Common fish Questions
GrammaBobbie Offline
Consigliere

Loc: NW Indiana
Your problem confused me as to what is causing it, besides the over feeding possibility, and I ran a few tanks of egg hatchings to see if I could figure out any other reason. The results was ........... NOPE! I really don't have a clue what would be going on except the over feeding.

But as a result of looking into it, I've started yet another web page on my site ... one that describes what fish are in what eggs, and where I find that they live the best. I won't give any of the answers here, because I don't want to spoil anything for anyone, but if anyone is interested in my results, they are in the new "Fish Eggs" page on my Fishies pages.

Fish Tycoon seems to have crawled into my brain and massages it in the most wonderfully relaxing places!

#17986 - 02/07/06 09:28 PM Re: Common fish Questions
sfrose Offline
Senior Uber-Member

You really need to have Level 3 environment for healthy fish.

I'm currently making a list of which fish will live as adults (even if they need vitamins) in Level 1. When I'm done with that, I'm going to go on to Level 3.

But my other games have all the research complete and I just need to check in on them for feedings and check for sickness (those games have already found all 7 magic fish.)

Isola is a magic island! All sorts of strange things can happen, and often do happen. -- arnie

#17987 - 02/07/06 09:46 PM Re: Common fish Questions
IntensiveWings Offline

I figured it out . I was over feeding , and I went to level 3 enviroment . The fish I was trying so hard to raise was just tooo delecate for level 2 . I have now breed a carnary fire arrow , oriental goldbulb , plus banked 5000 in cash . I also came up with some fish that are so weird that darwin would have fliped ! lol . Thank you so much for your advice , wings

#17988 - 02/10/06 12:35 AM Re: Common fish Questions
bc_trish Offline

I killed all my fish and do not have enough money to get more. Can anyone tell me what to do from here?

#17989 - 02/10/06 12:59 AM Re: Common fish Questions
LadyCFII Administrator Offline
Unicorn

Loc: Colorado
There's not much you can do but start a new game. This thread has some helpful pointers that should keep that situation from happening again!

#17990 - 02/11/06 11:43 AM Re: Common fish Questions
JanoskoLikeWhoa Offline

What does the golden guppy of isola actually do?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter