Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 226 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#220719 - 03/27/10 01:54 AM Curious about gaining skill and benefits
Rychus Offline

Loc: PA USA
1 How much farming skill is gained on each chore ... does a villager gain more skill by the amount of food points gained?

2 Is there a difference in skill gained between a builders time spent on fixing a hut compared to keeping the stream clear?

3 Since adults appear to gain nothing by teaching at the nursery do children gain anything there?
Just curious ...

#221177 - 04/12/10 04:34 PM Re: Curious about gaining skill and benefits [Re: Rychus]
Candy_63 Offline
Expert

Loc: Germany
Hello Rychus,
I think builders gain more skill in clearing debris and keeping the stream clear. If there are untrained villagers and I train them in building, they become trainee builders faster by clearing debris and keeping the stream clear than by building or fixing a hut smile

#221183 - 04/12/10 05:29 PM Re: Curious about gaining skill and benefits [Re: Candy_63]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
Originally Posted By: Candy_63
Hello Rychus,
I think builders gain more skill in clearing debris and keeping the stream clear. If there are untrained villagers and I train them in building, they become trainee builders faster by clearing debris and keeping the stream clear than by building or fixing a hut smile
That's because it takes them longer to carry out a 'cycle' of work when building or fixing a hut than when clearing the stream.

For each task successfully completed the villager will gain an advance in skills. The amount is the same each time. It's probably better if a villager carries out a relatively short task such as clearing the stream or fishing than one of the longer ones such as building a hut or shaking down and cooking the fruit, since they take less time.

Kids do gain skills for the time spent in the nursery, although it's a slow process and takes several years, as in real life. I generally use scholars only to teach in the nursery, who are of course already masters in all the skills anyway. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that the more skilled the teacher, the faster the kids will acquire skills.

#221521 - 04/23/10 12:44 AM Re: Curious about gaining skill and benefits [Re: arnie]
athena02116 Offline

If two scholars have a child, will that child have advanced skills? I also noticed story-telling boosts parenting skills, but not by much.

#221527 - 04/23/10 10:45 AM Re: Curious about gaining skill and benefits [Re: athena02116]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
The skills inherited by the children are only small. I can't recall having a child of two scholars, but I'll often use a scholar as the father, and the mother will usually already be a Master in at least two skills. Their children don't seem to inherit an appreciable amount more than other kids. Most "pre-work training" is carried out in the nursery.

Story-telling can increase the teller's parenting skills by up to three units, which is better in VV4 than in VV2 or VV3, where they only get one increase for each tale told.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter