Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 130 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
Ceci, gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu
30712 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30712 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#216877 - 02/19/10 03:26 PM Question....
Phoeniix Offline

How to do add hairstyles to the game???

i have the template for the heads but i just need to know how..

Thanks.

Phoeniix

#216881 - 02/19/10 06:02 PM Re: Question.... [Re: Phoeniix]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

Changing hairstyles would be considered a mod. Mods are made by altering the original graphic within a graphic program you have on your computer. So any new hairstyle you want in your game would be created by you. One word of caution though. The game uses files that have a transparent background, meaning there really is no background. If you do not save the transparent background, you will end up with something like this:

Some programs will either not save the transparency or you may need to look for the option to save the transparency. That all depends on what program you are using. Unfortunately, we would not be able to help you with that. You would have to look at the product "Help" files to figure out how to do that.

Good luck! grin

#216886 - 02/19/10 06:25 PM Re: Question.... [Re: Gamemastr1]
Krystal Offline
Fan Fiction Enthusiast

Loc: The 'Merica
I can tell you one thing, though: Microsoft Paint does NOT allow transparency. I found that out the hard way. laugh

#216887 - 02/19/10 06:30 PM Re: Question.... [Re: Krystal]
Gamemastr1 Offline
Graphics Wizard

This is very true, Krystal. MS Paint does not save the transparency. I too have made that mistake in years past. smile

The one thing I forgot to suggest is that you make a backup copy of the original file BEFORE you make changes to it. That way, you can just simply replace your altered file with the original and you are back to where you were before you did anything. No harm, no foul.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter