Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 97 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#199105 - 06/15/09 11:57 PM Cheezyfries mods
Lewanda Offline
Legend

Loc: Ky
WOW! Nice mods cheezyfries.

#199111 - 06/16/09 12:29 AM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: Lewanda]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Loc: Louisiana
Wow! Marble!! Ooooooh is that a picket fence too!?! I want! I want! lol Too bad I really don't like green. Will these work with the maps I use? Or am I gonna make a total mess if I try this?

Ok, I have a feeling I'm about to lose my nap pillow and leather furniture and maybe the bedroom stuff too but I just gotta have that gazebo, and picket fence and marble counter. laugh Lewanda hun, I may be calling to you for help if I create a complete disaster.

Edited by BayouBlonde (06/16/09 12:35 AM)

#199135 - 06/16/09 03:12 AM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: BayouBlonde]
OkieD Offline

This is how I handle adding something that I like without loosing everything else. I copy the new mod add it as a new layer UNDER the "old" map then just erase what I don't want. Then merge the two......and I have the new thing I want without loosing everything else. I do this with your mods since I am clueless to what a rar file is. LOL

#199139 - 06/16/09 03:19 AM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: OkieD]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

I'm basically clueless when it comes to graphics, but it turns out all of cheezyfries mods are the maps, so I lost all my plants, flowers and pretty much all the other mods except the bedroom furniture upgrade overlay and the carrying mods from Lewanda. So, I would LOVE it if you could explain to me in blonde terms what you mean by adding it as a layer. Do you mean with the image editor? Because I think GIMP does that. I'm just not sure I can make it do it. lol

Edit: Of course, I'm a backup fanatic, so I copied my maps before replacing them so I'd have a version of the way they were.

Edited by BayouBlonde (06/16/09 03:22 AM)

#199166 - 06/16/09 03:15 PM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: BayouBlonde]
pebbles22 Offline
Adviser

Loc: NV
BayouBlonde: I am in the same boat! I need it explained in blonde speak lol The one thing that I really want is the Gazebo but it will make me lose all of lewanda's stuff. Wish I knew how to make that happen!

#199177 - 06/16/09 03:51 PM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: pebbles22]
elderiss Offline

Bayou you can edit out what you don't want in the new image, then add the new image to an older image as a layer in GIMP. Then merge them down to one single image.

#199182 - 06/16/09 04:10 PM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: elderiss]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

Woah... I actually think I understood that. As soon as I get all my lil families fed, I will give it a try. Thanks so much!

#199186 - 06/16/09 05:21 PM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: BayouBlonde]
*Moonlyght* Offline
Guru

Loc: São Paulo, Brazil
Yep! I always do that to join maps! That way you can create the house of your dreams getting tiny pieces of this and that. wink

Or you can create various houses and keep changing (I usually have a new house for every new generation) - they deserve to start brand new, don't they? wink

#199189 - 06/16/09 06:21 PM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: *Moonlyght*]
cheezyfries Offline

Loc: www.cheezyfries.net
Wow. I didn't expect a response at all to these, my first ones.
When I make these, I guess they are not really mods, but the maps them selves.

I create the designs on the map as a whole so that everything matches in every room.

I can make a different kitchen if you'd like Bayou

I'm in the process of changing the entire layout to a totally different map altogether.

I'll post screen shots along the way.

Thanks again for the compliments

oops, did I upload .rar files?
I'll upload .zip files

Edited by cheezyfries (06/16/09 06:23 PM)

#199193 - 06/16/09 07:06 PM Re: Cheezyfries mods [Re: cheezyfries]
BayouBlonde Offline
Master

My blonde head is about to explode! *giggles* I've been playing with GIMP all day and totally lost track of time. (What a way to spend a day off.) I don't know how you mod people do it. The kitchen upgrade is a bit easier for me because it's all on one image, but those maps - GAHHH!!! What a nightmare!

Cheezyfries, when you say you make them on the map as a whole, what do you mean? That's exactly what I'd love to be able to do - to somehow seam them together and work on them that way, then take them back apart. Yes, I'd absolutely LOVE to have those marble countertops in another color (and in the kitchen 3 upgrade?) lol

Does anyone have the images already saved as layers? I mean, like only the floors and walls? or only the furniture? It seems that would make things a lot easier. I was going to try that next, but my skills are so very, very beginner. I'm just learning how to use the correct selection tool and how to adjust it to make it pick up what I want. *sweat*

Very much deep admiration to you image modifying folk!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter