Virtual Villagers Tips & Tricks, Walkthroughs, Guides, Hints and Help Last Day of Work Official Forums: Virtual Families, Virtual Villagers, Fish Tycoon
Facebook
Who's Online
0 registered (), 167 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Recent Posts
Questions about the music
by lorsieab2
04/18/24 06:09 PM
LDW Links
LDW
Virtual Families
Virtual Villagers
Fish Tycoon
Plant Tycoon
Newest Members
gbbxox, Blaznbeauty, Police12, ahebidafu, SwedishKaito
30711 Registered Users
Forum Stats
30711 Members
76 Forums
19382 Topics
186933 Posts

Max Online: 577 @ 12/25/23 08:46 AM
Topic Options
#230059 - 07/21/11 11:57 AM One else ever have an orphan child?
Kibagal Offline

My family had three kids, the youngest, Fate, was adopted. First the mom died, then the dad died when she was 13. Her older siblings had already moved out. I've never had this happen and think it's rather weird/cool. Has anyone else had an orphan like this? Btw- the parents both died of old age, not illness or starving to death.

#230060 - 07/21/11 01:21 PM Re: One else ever have an orphan child? [Re: Kibagal]
arnie Offline
Master of Meditation

Loc: London, UK
I've had this happen several times, particularly when the parents were relatively old when they had the kid (or kids in some cases). Although the orphan can't work, provided there's food available they should be able to keep going without problems until it's time for them to go to college, when you'll have to start a new generation. Although they can't do any work, as I said, they can still earn some money by finding duplicate collectables, so unless the family was very unlucky with money, there should be no problem paying for the food.

Of course, you might choose to start a new generation straight away if you want, when the orphan will automagically get old enough to start work, and will be available with his/her siblings for selection as the next house owner.

#230173 - 08/07/11 09:14 PM Re: One else ever have an orphan child? [Re: arnie]
familygirl228 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Maryland
I had this happen once. I was kind of sad. I had two children still in the house. One was about 11 and the other was adopted and about 5 or 6. I didn't realize that there might have been a chance that they could live on their own, so I just started the next generation right away. But I want to try that out if that ever happens again, granted one of them is old enough to cook food.

#230264 - 09/12/11 12:38 AM Re: One else ever have an orphan child? [Re: familygirl228]
familygirl228 Offline
Trainee

Loc: Maryland
I did try the thing out with a child living there without parents, but it wasn't an orphan. The kid was about 13 when the parents died so the next time I opened the app, he was old enough to cook and maintain the house. Then he went to college and I started a new generation. It was actually kind of boring.

Moderator:  MissKathy, Rockmower 
Smileys
Arthur on Twitter